Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: "Wolverine" #56

Shipping tomorrow, 8/22, is the double-sized "Wolverine" #56, featuring a story by Jason Aaron with art by Howard Chaykin and we've got an eight-page, lettered preview for ya.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11675
    Last edited by CBR News; 08-21-2007 at 04:52 PM.

I don't know. I just can't seem to find a way to like Howard Chaykin's art. It killed the Blade book for me and i can never seem to fully enjoy a book he does. I don't know what it is about it, but yeah.. doesn't do it for me.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's great that Jason Aaron is getting a chance at mainstream, and in a book like Wolverine to boot. And it's even better that Loeb's run is finally over.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

You know, its funny. I read that Wolverine has been stuck in a hole for six weeks and the first thing I think is "where does Wolverine find the time to be stuck in one place for that long."

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    I don't know. I just can't seem to find a way to like Howard Chaykin's art. It killed the Blade book for me and i can never seem to fully enjoy a book he does. I don't know what it is about it, but yeah.. doesn't do it for me.
    Not even the Wolvie full-page spread...?

Hurry Up Guggenhiem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tedward1984 View Post
    You know, its funny. I read that Wolverine has been stuck in a hole for six weeks and the first thing I think is "where does Wolverine find the time to be stuck in one place for that long."
    That better be a flashback, or else we're gonna have to start wondering how the hell they managed to get him in the pit in the first place...

AssKickerOfTheFantastic DasPoppen's Avatar

Reminds me of Preacher when Cassady was held captive by the Grail and repeatedly shot to pieces.

Meh. Not interesting to me at all. I'd prefer the West Coast Lupine Avengers to this mediocre crap.

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    Meh. Not interesting to me at all. I'd prefer the West Coast Lupine Avengers to this mediocre crap.
    I'm working on it...this writing this is much harder then I expected.

I'm not buying this issue either. I think #57 is one where a guy has been targeted by Wolverine, he knows he going to die and it's his inner thought process...I'll probably buy that one b/c it sounds interesting. But I'm really just waiting until Marc gets back on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Moranor View Post
    I'm working on it...this writing this is much harder then I expected.

I'm not buying this issue either. I think #57 is one where a guy has been targeted by Wolverine, he knows he going to die and it's his inner thought process...I'll probably buy that one b/c it sounds interesting. But I'm really just waiting until Marc gets back on the title.
    Wait, I thought this story was just gonna be one issue before Guggs arrives?

AssKickerOfTheFantastic DasPoppen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Moranor View Post
    That's the upcoming Annual. #57 starts Guggenheim's new run.

BANNED

I lOVE Chaykin's art, and I'm suprised more people aren't raving about those pages. I would love to see him do a long run on a series like Wolverine. He'd also do a GREAT Thor! I could see him on Fantastic Four or Hulk, too. He's got a great style and he is fast. It would be nice to see him become more of a force in today's market.

I simply HATE this idea. Marvel editorial needs to step in and re-establish some boundaries with Wolverine and his healing factor. This is completely ridiculous to someone who remembers how his healing factor worked for decades. Remember how Wolvie was depleted before the Mutant Massacre? That was after being stabbed by Lady Deathstroke, not being shot to peices by a .50 cal machine gun for days. (Or blown up to cinders by Nitro).

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty. View Post
    I lOVE Chaykin's art, and I'm suprised more people aren't raving about those pages. I would love to see him do a long run on a series like Wolverine. He'd also do a GREAT Thor! I could see him on Fantastic Four or Hulk, too. He's got a great style and he is fast. It would be nice to see him become more of a force in today's market.
    I agree with your tagline that Steve Epting is the bomb.com, but I can't go with you on Chaykin. I just don't like his art, and I think his characters are hard to differentiate.