Hybrid View

Default Ask the Single Father

Okay, I'll play.

Ever wonder how I balance it all; cartooning, working, cleaning, cooking, playing, raising the 2 Things alone (for the time being)?

Go ahead, ask. Ain't too much sacred.
    'And if *that* doesn't leave me without a stain on my conscience, then I don't know *what* it doesn't leave me without a stain on.' -- Bertie Wooster

"Balance"? What is this "balance" you speak of?

;) :D

ROFL. Reading your description above,it reminded me of what i thought was the best costume: A dad had two kids with him,two boys about the same age and looked pretty much the same(not sure if they were identical...),but they had big red shirts on that said "Thing 1" and "Thing 2".

I was in near hysterics from that one,i have no clue why. It was just perfectly whimsical.

Thanks for reminding me of one the few bright spots of my vacation. :)

Now for the question:
    Why do people pose questions like robot vs monkey,astornaut vs caveman,and the really annoying ninja vs pirate ? Why do we have to have sides? Why? Why can not everything just be a ninjarobotcavemonkeypirate?

And how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

Quote Originally Posted by Night Swordsman View Post
    ROFL. Reading your description above,it reminded me of what i thought was the best costume: A dad had two kids with him,two boys about the same age and looked pretty much the same(not sure if they were identical...),but they had big red shirts on that said "Thing 1" and "Thing 2".

I was in near hysterics from that one,i have no clue why. It was just perfectly whimsical.

Thanks for reminding me of one the few bright spots of my vacation. :)
    I've called them the Things since I started posting on the internet 6 years ago. My first thought was to keep their anonimity, but it ended up sticking after one of my breathless readings of 'Cat in the Hat'. They wear the nickname proudly.

Now for the question:
    Why do people pose questions like robot vs monkey,astornaut vs caveman,and the really annoying ninja vs pirate ? Why do we have to have sides? Why? Why can not everything just be a ninjarobotcavemonkeypirate?
    It's not a real debate without the inclusion of Space Dinos.

And how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
    According to the experiments in this house, about 6 licks or 3 minutes of solid sucking (hold the comments; this is a parenting thread). They usually find the center by then.
    'And if *that* doesn't leave me without a stain on my conscience, then I don't know *what* it doesn't leave me without a stain on.' -- Bertie Wooster

This thread is particularly fun with the Beetlejuice avatar supplying the voice in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beach View Post
    "Balance"? What is this "balance" you speak of?

;) :D
    Balance:

A power drink in one hand and a cuppa coffee in the other.