Page 262 of 330 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4940

I will laugh my A off if the love interest actually turns out to be Danny Rand.

Otherwise, maybe Wood can bring that Green haired dreaded guy from the Ultimate X-men and remake him in 616 fashion.

And yes. I need my phoenix signature. Pink energy just doesn't suit her very well.

I want to be excited. It's a killer line-up. But my eyes are drawn toward this:

Wood noted he looked to Chris Claremont's "Uncanny X-Men" run from the 1970s and '80s and Grant Morrison's first "New X-Men" issues for inspiration, and plans to focus heavily on character with plenty of relationships, love and sex."]Wood noted he looked to Chris Claremont's "Uncanny X-Men" run from the 1970s and '80s and Grant Morrison's first "New X-Men" issues for inspiration, and plans to focus heavily on character with plenty of relationships, love and sex.
    (bolding emphasis mine)

Why? Just let them kick ass. What's this 'relationships' business about?

Why not? I don't want to read a book that's all Days of Our Lives either, but letting some of the characters find a little companionship is cool. Has Rachel ever even been down that road? I think she deserves some mutual lovin' by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Why not? I don't want to read a book that's all Days of Our Lives either, but letting some of the characters find a little companionship is cool. Has Rachel ever even been down that road? I think she deserves some mutual lovin' by now.
    WTK she had a brief romance

WTK she had a brief romance

She was with Korvus until not that long ago. They were together for quite a while, but it was a pretty difficult to take most of the time. Don't know what I'd do if I had to listen to them call each other "my love" again.

I'm in the camp if I could choose I'd rather not read about their romance stuff either. All the characters, save for Jubilee, are in or are getting out of relationships that I could care less about, so I don't want to read anymore about that.

If it is Danny Rand that is just going to prove how much pull these boards actually have. I hope that doesn't happen. xD

I'm not anti-romance per se, and I'm a big fan of the focus on character that Wood's talking about, but soap-opera-type stuff is exactly what I'm fearing when they mention 'plenty of relationships, love and sex'.

OTOH this is the first time in 26 years that Ray's been on a team with Storm, Kitty, and Rogue. Family reunion! If Wood has a solid understanding of what made these characters great in Claremont's 80s issues, it's hard for him to go wrong with this cast.

I'm unfamiliar with his writing style, anybody care to share their opinion on the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with his writing style, anybody care to share their opinion on the guy?
    I haven't read much of his work. His X-Men work was highly lauded on the X-boards, but I didn't pick it up much because I didn't care about over half the cast.

What I did read I think was pretty good, mainly for the tense interactions between Cyclops and Storm. It's funny because Wood said at first he really didn't know how to write Storm, but by most accounts her characterization by him was golden.

Also the fight she had with Colossus was saddening, but in a good way.

I'm looking forward to this book because I like all the characters represented (or in Psylocke's case have never disliked but never cared much about) and most of them are pretty big movers and shakers in the X mythos so there's plenty for him to work with.

^Thanks. Sounds promising. Hope it's going to be casual-reader-friendly. Well, casual reader with a bit of background knowledge.

New pic of Ray and the XX Gals by Kris Anka

I know this might sound odd, but I wish Rach would go by the code name "Hound" as a homage to her past. She has paid a lot of homages to Jean (uniform, code name etc) and I think it's great that she is not bothering hiding her tattoos anymore. I like how she is separating herself from Jean yet still respecting her memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    New pic of Ray and the XX Gals by Kris Anka

That is some awesome art.

I like the codename "hound" for Rachel!!
    In the AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #16 appears Rachel, pick up the photo or visit my web ^^

Last edited by Askani_Son; 01-18-2013 at 06:45 AM.

WatX #24 preview. Apparently Rachel is now Logan's self appointed "sponsor".

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=48561

Coincidentally this is also the issue teen!Jean is supposed to make an appearance in.

WatX #24 preview. Apparently Rachel is now Logan's self appointed "sponsor".

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=48561

Coincidentally this is also the issue teen!Jean is supposed to make an appearance in.
    LOL at Rachel in that! I know, I am almost feeling like Aaron might be setting up Rachel to be pissed with him for finally finding Jean at the mansion and not being told about her. . . . but then it would require the writers to acknowledge Rachel so my hopes aren't that high.

In Wood I Trust
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.