Page 260 of 329 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4934

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    No she didn't your reaching... The Askani revolved around Rachel and the Phoenix Force.
    Correct.

Hugely protective of Nate (baby and adult) - check
    Askani - religion/idea based on the Phoenix Force and Xaviers Dream. Yes there was an idea of the savior, but that came later.
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Chris Yost mentions the threat Rachel poses to Doc Ock here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42959

That may mean she'll be involved with the upcoming Avenging Spider-Man issue, even though she's not on the cover.
    My guess is Ock knows this and put telepathic dampening plates like Fantomex in his mask.

Quote Originally Posted by DimitriKalashnikov View Post
    My guess is Ock knows this and put telepathic dampening plates like Fantomex in his mask.
    Rachel should be able to rip them of with her TK?

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Rachel should be able to rip them of with her TK?
    True, but why would she do that to spider-man?
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

"After a bit of hiatus, the ambiguous-ish Marvel NOW! promos are back -- one-word teaser, creative team, and month of release; with a full reveal coming a week or so later. A new one arrived on Monday, except instead of a word, fans just got two letters -- "XX" -- along with the creative team of Brian Wood (Ultimate Comics X-Men, The Massive) and Olivier Coipel (Thor, House of M). For many, those were all the clues they needed to arrive at a very specific conclusion: An all-female X-Men series, perhaps titled X-Women, a theory based at least partly on the biological fact that females have "XX" sex chromosomes, and that Wood recently wrapped his run on adjectiveless X-Men." http://www.newsarama.com/

Does 'XX' Mark the Spot for These Marvel X-WOMEN? Rachel is the number 6!! with the rating Very Likely.
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/xx-m...-copiel-1.html

Ugh... while I am glad Rachel made the list having Blink ahead of her, and Teen Jean and Hope as the top two spots, I just can't take that list seriously.

I'd love to see Rachel lead this team, but I know that isn't going to happen. Given the high profile creative team on the book they are going to use more well known characters, like Storm. So she will probably lead it. Still, I hope she is in the book. Wood is so good at writing strong female characters and this is probably her best shot at getting some attention. Since I don't see her ever being more than the 5th or 6th most important character in WatXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Ugh... while I am glad Rachel made the list having Blink ahead of her, and Teen Jean and Hope as the top two spots, I just can't take that list seriously.
    Check again, Rachel is rated "Very Likely" and both Blink and Hope are rated "Longshot" and Teen Jean only gets a "Likely" the countdown isn't in order of importance or likelihood to appear.

Rachel, as a founder of a Mutant "Sisterhood" (Askani) herself, might be more important than is apparent on the surface.

Oh wow, I read over that part. I thought they were ranked from 10-1 in who was most likely to be in the book. Okay, now I feel a little better about it. xD

Well, one more fan to the call. :)

First ran into Rachel in Aaron's WatXM, found her one of the more intriguing staff members, wanted to learn more about her, but wasn't sure where to start, so forgot about her for a bit. Liked her, but not quite enough to count me as an active fan of hers: I simply didn't know enough about her, and she wasn't sufficiently active in the stories to justify more intrest.

Then I read the GenHope Schism tie in.

It was... interesting, especially as I'd only seen the first bit of WatXM before hand, none of the AvX stuff from them, and thus that was essentially my introduction to Rachel's story. Her narrating it, as part of a museum exhibit. It left me very intrigued with her, and curious. I've since ordered the first X-Calibur classics book, and intend to order Days of Future Past next time I head into my local comic book store. :) I'm also currently reading Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire, which has her IN it, and isn't a bad story, but I kinda wish focused more on either her or the Shi'ar. (It's got lots of Xavier and a group of minor characters that I don't dislike, but haven't seen much before)

But, back on topic. :) What do I like about her... well, it's more a feeling thus far, coming from someone who went through what she did, and still focuses on going forward, on living in the now and trying to work with that. But at the same time, is still shaped by her past, and still affected by it. She seems to have a balance between the two, which always makes for a good character. :) But more than that... I empathise with her. Not as in 'I could be there', but more... whenever I run into her so far, she seems to sell her emotions, and make me feel for her. The Schism tie in is probably the most obvious example of that, but there are little ways as well. I felt her irritation at Quentin Quire, understood what was driving her during AvX... she felt like a person, and one I could feel for...

And I'm not sure any of that's coherent. :) Well, anyway, one more newbie fan confirming... fan-itude, or whatever. :)

I'm sure you've seen it all over the place but might as well be here too.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-me...od-coipel.html

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'm sure you've seen it all over the place but might as well be here too.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-me...od-coipel.html
    This is great news!! Can't wait!
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

Marvel.com: How do you view Rachel Grey's role on this team?

Brian Wood: She's the aggressive and idealistic one, the one who'll make her decisions based on the greater good. It’s a bit different from Storm, who does make decisions like that but makes them on the fly, in-mission, and as the situation dictates. Rachel thinks more globally, taking the big picture into account. I also want to get something happening for her in the romance department, stir up a bunch of drama there. Plans are afoot!

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19948/m...#ixzz2HyKFjmdt

Sounds like Rachel may be filling a "Jean Grey-esque" role in this book. I'm pretty excited to see more of it.

Sounds like Rachel may be filling a "Jean Grey-esque" role in this book. I'm pretty excited to see more of it.
    That's the vibe I got.

BANNED

I have trained you well, now go forth and troll the entire board in my name.