Page 259 of 329 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4926

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Another fan comic questioning Rachel's lack of involvement with AvX

Link
    My thought is that they were looking to tell a specific story when it came to the Phoenix Force and none of them wanted to deal with prior hosts or it's prior history with the X-Men. So they wrote a story to suit the needs of making the Phoenix Force an Avenger story. My assumption is due to Rachel's time-travelling past, plus all the Phoenix stuff and the future stuff, the writers felt to exclude her from the event. Sure she had a cool moment in AvX 3, but to really have any discussions of Rachel's connection to the Phoenix you had to go to the tie-in books. And even then it was really just Wolverine and the X-Men and Secret Avengers that actually mentioned Rachel was the most successful host at controlling the PF. So really, her history and lack of notoriety amongst the non-X readers helped allow the writers to sit her on the sidelines.

So I have another question for Rachel fans. Everyone keeps talking about wanting teen Jean to meet Rachel but teen Scott is there to. Not saying it has to be an either or thing but who would you prefer Rachel make contact with, "mom" or "dad"? Why?
    Well Rachel has always yearned for a connection to 616 Jean as her mother died when she was an infant. She always has had a relationship to 616 Scott in some way. So it would be nice to see her interact with Teen Scott. But with Teen Jean here, and needing a psychic to help her control her newfound telepathic powers, it only makes sense that Rachel should be involved. My HOPE is that sometime soon their scene happens. It would be wild for Jean, and humbling for Rachel. Or lots of lousy tears. Either way it has the ability to be epic.

I would hope that Bendis, Aaron, or both would seize the opportunity to write this scene, as it seems that readers are interested in seeing it happen. We'll see. In the meantime it seems that Rachel is just noticeably absent when showing most of the adult teaching staff and other mutants at the school and people just think it's weird.
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

I am tempted to lean towards wanting her to interact with Teen Scott more. Her meeting Teen Jean would obviously be a bigger event, but it would be nice to see someone in Teen Scott's corner. The guy's getting pushed to the side and left alone and I think that is something Rachel could relate with more. With Jean and her being the center of everyone's attention I think Rachel will just get overshadowed by her interacting with Wolverine or Kitty. She might be able to get more spotlight with interacting with Teen Scott, but just a guess.

BANNED

I do anticipate a meeting between Rachel and Jean and I'm fairly sure that it's not going to go quite the same way it did the first time, which made both of them looking absolutely pathetic. I think Rachel's perspective on Jean has evolved plenty in the last decade. Like all diehard members of the Church, she idolizes this ideal image of her mother as being this perfect hero who was too good for this cruel world, but she's had plenty of time to stew on that thought in the intervening years. And really, if she looks through all the events that have happened, maybe she'll realize that maybe Jean isn't quite deserving of being placed on that high of a pedestal, and that she's just as flawed and human as anyone else. On the flipside, she has quite a unique opportunity now to mold and train Jean into a better person that could possibly approach that ideal image, and she should realize that unconditional love is never the right approach here. All that has to happen now is for Bendis to realize that Rachel actually exists and can be used in his comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

I would hope that Bendis, Aaron, or both would seize the opportunity to write this scene, as it seems that readers are interested in seeing it happen. We'll see. In the meantime it seems that Rachel is just noticeably absent when showing most of the adult teaching staff and other mutants at the school and people just think it's weird.
    well was the same with hope summers and, what happens?
    i think this scene is not going to happen

So I have another question for Rachel fans. Everyone keeps talking about wanting teen Jean to meet Rachel but teen Scott is there to. Not saying it has to be an either or thing but who would you prefer Rachel make contact with, "mom" or "dad"? Why?
    Scott is a none factor without Jean to Rachel. She only cared about him when Jean was dead and he was moving on, both times.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Scott is a none factor without Jean to Rachel. She only cared about him when Jean was dead and he was moving on, both times.
    I doubt that. It's just Rachel only popped up when Jean was dead both times. Even in WaTXM she says a part of her still wants to be with Cyclops. Rachel is/was hugely protective of Scott and Maddie's son and even ended up basing a religion around him. Scott is the one that really didn't have a huge issue with Rachel. Jean was the one freaking out.

She also had a balanced view of Jean when Rachel became Phoenix. She fully acknowledged that Jean did bad things but also she saved the universe. It's just she's gone on missions with Scott. She was at the school with Scott. She's never had that much time with Jean.

Though Jean seems quite adept at telepathy. I don't think she will need training.
    Last edited by Daithi; 01-03-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
    well was the same with hope summers and, what happens?
    i think this scene is not going to happen
    I can't discount this. I think that coupled with the fact that already Jean can create mindlinks on a deep level only having just unlocked her TP will show she doesn't need a teacher. But that is Bendis, as he loves to show that someone gets new powers and is instantly adept in them.

Well Jean herself did say in issue 4 that she's currently untrained. When she blocked out the boys yammering it looked like she did it through shear force of will. Making the connection with Beast was probably done through exuberance as she seems eager to explore these new powers but has no real skill or sense of limits yet, hence why instead of rooting through Beast's memories at a more casual pace it all got dumped into her head en masse.

Chris Yost mentions the threat Rachel poses to Doc Ock here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42959

That may mean she'll be involved with the upcoming Avenging Spider-Man issue, even though she's not on the cover.

Meh, I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay attention to the nuSpidey at all.

Also I really like the second costume design in the image above. That middrift jacket makes her look a lot less weighted down compared to that big turkey coat.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

With Emma not exactly fond of Scott right now and Rachel not being put to good use, would you guys be happy with Rachel replacing Emma
    in the new Uncanny Roster?
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 01-03-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Chris Yost mentions the threat Rachel poses to Doc Ock here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42959

That may mean she'll be involved with the upcoming Avenging Spider-Man issue, even though she's not on the cover.
    Sweet maybe it'll confirm that PP is still in their somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post

That would be great, as Rachel interacted with Peter Parker here and there when he needed the X-Men's telepathic assistance. BUUUUUUT let's not get our hopes up . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Meh, I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay attention to the nuSpidey at all.

Also I really like the second costume design in the image above. That middrift jacket makes her look a lot less weighted down compared to that big turkey coat.
    Also my favorite of the designs. It also doesn't have her houndmarks going down her neck, which make no sense what-so-ever.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    With Emma not exactly fond of Scott right now and Rachel not being put to good use, would you guys be happy with Rachel replacing Emma
    in the new Uncanny Roster?
    Hmm, it depends. I would need to see Rachel meeting with Scott and seeing how that goes. She's behind the idea of a school entirely, and I guess it would depend on the greater focus of the school. We don't know how she feels about Scott after all this so it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Rachel is/was hugely protective of Scott and Maddie's son and even ended up basing a religion around him.
    No she didn't your reaching... The Askani revolved around Rachel and the Phoenix Force.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!