Page 258 of 330 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4950

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Oooo... Got a scan of that?
    I don't, I'll have to find it. It's right before Messiah Complex when Exodus attacks the school looking for details on the location of Destiny's diaries. He controls Kitty's phasing by his TK and holds her semi phased in a door until he tries to find the info in her mind.
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Exodus was able to control Kitty with his TK and Rachel could easily with her fine molecular control.
    Are you sure that was not Tempo's powers?
    "We can fight all day, Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone- but myself. And it's been a while since I've been able to say that."- Polaris, X-Men #187.

Rachel's current costume has really grown on me. I like how... heavy it looks... its a look I hope isn't hollow as it could say a lot. :)
    Last edited by Mitteloss; 12-25-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    "We can fight all day, Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone- but myself. And it's been a while since I've been able to say that."- Polaris, X-Men #187.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Are you sure that was not Tempo's powers?
    Just checked the issue, X-Men #202, first it was Tempo holding Kitty and Colossus, then they freed them so Exodus could check Kitty's mind. He was holding her phased through a wall but using his TP not his TK. He just made her stay phased and kept her from moving.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Just checked the issue, X-Men #202, first it was Tempo holding Kitty and Colossus, then they freed them so Exodus could check Kitty's mind. He was holding her phased through a wall but using his TP not his TK. He just made her stay phased and kept her from moving.
    Ahh yes, I vaguely remember that.

Hello Rachel fans. I must admit I've never been a die-hard fan of the character, but I've found myself rooting for her to step-up into a greater role in the books. Maybe it's because of her association to Jean who's one of my favorites, but even if Rachel hasn't clicked with me to fan status I've always found her interesting.

So for the true fans here I want to know what do you currently consider her peak period as a character? Is it the early Claremont days? Her time at Excalibur? Something else? I want to read more since I haven't read very much of her to begin with and want to know what I should aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Rachel's current costume has really grown on me. I like how... heavy it looks... its a look I hope isn't hollow as it could say a lot. :)
    i just dont like the color combo too much i mean red and yellow it would look perfectly fine if it was red and black
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Hello Rachel fans. I must admit I've never been a die-hard fan of the character, but I've found myself rooting for her to step-up into a greater role in the books. Maybe it's because of her association to Jean who's one of my favorites, but even if Rachel hasn't clicked with me to fan status I've always found her interesting.

So for the true fans here I want to know what do you currently consider her peak period as a character? Is it the early Claremont days? Her time at Excalibur? Something else? I want to read more since I haven't read very much of her to begin with and want to know what I should aim for.
    in Excalibur and before, Claremon maker her as a character, after that is over they make it a sissy schoolgirl

So for the true fans here I want to know what do you currently consider her peak period as a character?
    For me it will always be the Claremont and Simonson days

Quote Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
    in Excalibur and before, Claremon maker her as a character, after that is over they make it a sissy schoolgirl
    Did you just suffer a temporary stroke?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-01-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Never better than when written by Claremont.
    Whether that be in her initial run in Uncanny (#184-209) or when she returned in Excalibur for its first 25 issues. Beyond that retcons of her backstory/Phoenix force (Alan Davis solo run on Excalibur) or near complete redirection of the character (her tenure as Marvel Girl - albeit under Claremont) mar her 'Fetishy Girl from Post-Mutant Apocalyptic future back to make things turn out different' awesomeness.

Standout issues are Uncanny #184, 188-189,196,199,200, 203, 209

Thanks! That's helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Never better than when written by Claremont.
    Whether that be in her initial run in Uncanny (#184-209) or when she returned in Excalibur for its first 25 issues. Beyond that retcons of her backstory/Phoenix force (Alan Davis solo run on Excalibur) or near complete redirection of the character (her tenure as Marvel Girl - albeit under Claremont) mar her 'Fetishy Girl from Post-Mutant Apocalyptic future back to make things turn out different' awesomeness.

Standout issues are Uncanny #184, 188-189,196,199,200, 203, 209

I'd go along with these. Also I enjoyed how Rachel was written in Cable by Weinberg. Then when she was rebooted to a noob by Claremont it was crap. I've only started to enjoy some of her treatment by Aaron.
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

Another fan comic questioning Rachel's lack of involvement with AvX

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'd go along with these. Also I enjoyed how Rachel was written in Cable by Weinberg. Then when she was rebooted to a noob by Claremont it was crap. I've only started to enjoy some of her treatment by Aaron.
    that i was talking thanks askani

http://charactermodel.tumblr.com/pos...-chris-bachalo

So I have another question for Rachel fans. Everyone keeps talking about wanting teen Jean to meet Rachel but teen Scott is there to. Not saying it has to be an either or thing but who would you prefer Rachel make contact with, "mom" or "dad"? Why?