Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Redesign your fave hero/villain that never got the recognition he/she deserved.

Mine is Gambit

No you can argue that he has gotten his due with the Death persona and what not and he has been a player in the Marvel U yes but as a solo act I think he was pushed into scenarios that didnít fit him or he didnít fit.

So Iím going to modify him to make him work for stories.

Iím seeing him wanting to forget himself as Gambit as he was with the influence of Death and what not, so Iím going to play with that.

First off change the costume, he a thief right? So why is hi constantly in brighter colors?
    Black baby, black pants, boots, and shirt with a smeared red spade motif. Black trench coat too. Scrap the cowl for a red headband. Black and red like his eyes fit for me any way.

Keep the bo staff, itís a cool weapon, but the cardsÖ yes also very cool but give him one deck as heritage to who he was, as Iím thinking the Death persona would want him trying to reinvent himself as I am here. Give him some throwing stars. And well I think he could use a dagger, he has always been a swashbuckling hero and I think it might complement him.

Now most importantlyÖ keep him a street level character, he shouldnít be fighting gods or other beings of total supreme power, sure he can, but it doesnít fit for him, also scrap all the magic bull s#it and other dimensions. A thief for hire would keep busy in countless stories, oh and ya heís from New OrleansÖ and keep him from there, he doesnít need to go back, NY is that place for him.

There you go agree disagree? Thatís up to you. Have fun with your chosen hero/villain.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i always thought that Cloak and Dagger should have, both, been females. while having a cool look, Cloak has always seemed like the weak link of that pairing. he's a skinny stuttering black kid with no fighting ability whatsoever; while Dagger is an agile "knife thrower" with a very sleak design. i just have this image in my head of Cloak being more like a black version of Dusk (Slingers series); Dagger's polar opposite. i think they'd be a more usable duo if they had gone in that direction. if you're a fan of Cloak's classic look, i think it could have easily been used for another character i.e. Asylum.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Gambit
    -Retcon Uncanny #350 away
    -No more serious romance or association with Rogue
    -Consistant characterization
    -Bring back the X-treme look
    -Retcon the Guilds into streetgangs and remove all the magic/conspiracy stuff
    -You know what? Just write him like Claremont did in 1990-1991, and not like a romance novel badboy. That more than anything is what's needed.

Bishop
    -Focus on his Aborigine heritage a bit
    -Make him the mutant liason for ONE
    -Ignore the time-travel as much as possible
    -Focus on him trying to reconcile his feelings of betrayal in Civil War
    "What can change the nature of a man?"

Iceman:
    Have him lead his own team. Perhaps the New X-Men?

Stop involving him in stupid love angles that end up making him look like a chump (Polaris, Mystique, etc.)

He's an omega level mutant. Let him display that kind of power.
    Amazing Spider-man, Avengers (Reg, New, Secret, Academy), Uncanny X-Men, X-Men Legacy, X-Factor, X-Force, Captain America,Thunderbolts, Thor, Batman & Robin, Brightest Day, Green Lantern, The Flash

The Flying Dutchman's Ghost needs a good revision. The cool elements are already there: undead, cosmically-powered pirate tough enough to fight the Silver Surfer.

All he really needs is someone to take note of what a cool combination this is and take him seriously.

Personally, I'd cast him as a mystical nemesis, cruising his ship amongst the mystical realms of the Marvel U, occasionally setting sail into the material realm in order to wreak havoc.

I always thought it a shame that Marvel don't do more with Quicksilver. I mean, look at the way DC treats the Flash ...

(er, that doesn't sound quite right, does it? they keep killing Flash ... but I guess I mean he is one of the top seven, isn't he?)
    You see me now, a veteran of a thousand psychic wars

Trapped in a Gorilla Body seeso's Avatar

I'd take Shang-Chi out of that ridiculous-looking red gi and put him in something more urban.

The way Hitch draws him is awesome.

I'd love for a redesign of Batroc the Leaper, who has been basically every French stereotype rolled into one. In the middle of all that, alot of people have forgetten that he has been able to stand toe to toe w/ Captain America. Not many people know alot about his fighting style, Savate, which, after watching Human Weapon, is totally awesome. Furthermore, I think his leaping/agility abilites should be emphasized a bit more. Indeed, I see him as being an original when it comes to "parkour" or other forms of street gymnastics.

Make him look like a tough Parisian cop, or merc, maybe in the vein of Jean Russo from "The Professional." Here's a gun who can carry out a mission so well, he doesn't need a gun, just a well aimmed kick at your head.
    "I am a man of peace."
    "A man of peace who fights like ten tigers."

Wonderman.

Get him out of the dam red Saffari jacket, and remind people that he's one of the strongest physically toughest people on the face of the earth.

Ero.
    -Whenever she fights, have her covered in spiders like in 'The Other'.
    -Make her the Sandman of Ero spiders.
    -Retcon it so she's not dead.

Joining The Initiative. leebrown1990's Avatar

Quicksilver, gambit and Iceman are all mutants I want to see get higher profile.

Quicksilver- I loved him in X-factor (volume 2) were he got lots of chances to interact with other sarcastic and witty characters such as Strong Guy and Multiple Man. However I guess he did go through a lot of problems during, and after the house of M. Perhaps the general feeling revolving surrounding him lately, is too bleak to make him fall into a more humorous role and light hearted role.

Gambit- this guy has such a huge fan base, he simply needs to be made as bad ass as he once was. Gambits the sort of guy who should be a 'player' his character should never be held back by romance with Rogue,although i like Rogue, Gambits meant to be a ladies man. He should be (like other people have mentioned) a more gritty character, who fights on the streets. I don't know how much it has been explored in the past (I'm just getting back into marvel.) But I wouldn't mind seeing some interaction with Mr Sinister concerning his early life. But despite his tough guy, devil may care persona Gambit seeks redemption something thats should still be explored. Above all i agree no time travel, no magic, Gambits a character that needs no complications. Just let his coolness do the talking.

Iceman- omega level mutant, he doesn't seem like one. CHANGE IT!!!

Diamondback- she needs to be written as one who can actually stand on her own.

Paladin- hes the original merc and needs to be pushed further in developing his character.

Taskmaster- really do I need to say why

Werewolf by night- i just wish they would turn his legion of monsters one shot into a series

I'd like to see Amadeus Cho get his own title at some point. Considering the way his brain works, I don't see why he couldn't give himself super powers at some point, one way or another. Probably not by radiation, but he could easily invent armor or devices. Combined with some proper training in martial arts, espionage, and even magic, he'd be pretty formidable. Actually, I'd be very surprised if he didn't at least crossover with the Runaways at some point, considering that he is another teenager constantly on the run.

I just want to see Quicksilver as the fastest character in Marvel. There are far to many characters that get superspeed as a secondary attribute, like Gladiator or Ms. Marvel, that seem to outrun Quicky. He should be the fastest one there is, but not as fast as Flash, cause thats were you get some really really silly powers and abilities.

I think Ultimate Quicksilver is a incredible interpretation of how I'd like to see him more in 616.

Maggott- Make him live! He shall be the greatest X-Man since Professor X!