Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ever wonder which politicians Billy Dee Williams donates to?

Well, that answer and more can be found on this fascinating site. I swear I could look at this for hours.

You can look up who's giving what to what candidates and what PACs, as well as search celebrities, pundits, writers, activists, actors and CEOs for where they donate their cash during election season.

So, dive in and let us know if you find anything surprising....

Wow.

Jim Caviezel gave money to Santorum in 2006.

http://ragnarok-2012.livejournal.com

"I don't think there's a single problem facing this planet that can't be solved. I think some of them, the solutions, already exist. The problem is implementing the solutions."
    Robert Anton Wilson

"We're the species that goes beyond our limitations, and so expanding our horizons with our tools is really what human civilization is all about."
    Ray Kurzweil

For the record, I cannot get over how creepy it is that Pat Boone is a donor to Alan Keyes, Sam Brownback and Bob Dornan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Smash! View Post
    Casey Kasem gave money to Nader, Greens and Kucinich!

Zoinks!!
    But he only did it for the Scooby Snack. :)

http://ragnarok-2012.livejournal.com

"I don't think there's a single problem facing this planet that can't be solved. I think some of them, the solutions, already exist. The problem is implementing the solutions."
    Robert Anton Wilson

"We're the species that goes beyond our limitations, and so expanding our horizons with our tools is really what human civilization is all about."
    Ray Kurzweil

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

It is striking how many sports stars are Republicans donors.

I mean, I knew that MOST sports stars were Republicans, but it is striking in just how large the majority is.

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Smash! View Post
    To be fair, Selleck also donated to Tsongas the same year.

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    To be fair, Selleck also donated to Tsongas the same year.

-Brian
    Which is odd, because I see alot of famous folks who donate to radically different candidates running against each other in the same election.

It's somewhat baffling.

Lorne Michaels has at one time given money to such diverse candidates as John McCain, Ralph Nader and Al Franken (who I just realized is a former employee).

For certain people, it just makes sense not to piss anyone off.

Lorne Michaels sounds like the sort of guy you'd expect that from, because he probably doesn't want to be accused of bias. Heck, that was probably Selleck's plan, too.

Don Fehr, the head of the Major League Baseball Player's Association, donated one year to, like, every candidate from both the Republicans and Democrats. :D

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Don Fehr, the head of the Major League Baseball Player's Association, donated one year to, like, every candidate from both the Republicans and Democrats. :D

-Brian
    Guess it's the appropriate analogy to say that he covers his bases. :)

Larry Flynt is a Kucinich supporter (although he was giving to Hillary in 2005, but a smaller amount).

Barry Manilow gave money to Ron Paul!
    Yeah, but also to Hillary, Obama, Edwards, and especially to Barbara Boxer (who happens to have the same stance on Iraq as Ron Paul...so it's not that strange)

Rupert Murdoch is a Hillary supporter, of course.

For god's sake, don't vote Hillary.

Jon Stewart has not supported anyone over the years...except Anthony Weiner in '97.

No doubt he did it because the name would make his resume funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok_2012 View Post
    Wow.

Jim Caviezel gave money to Santorum in 2006.
    not surprising, but hey at least the guy isn't a nazi