Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default G.I. GO: Live-Action "G.I. Joe" Green-Lit with Stephen Sommers

"Van Helsing" director Stephen Sommers has been hired to direct for Paramount Pictures a live-action adaptation of "G.I Joe," the enduringly popular toy and comics property.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11691

Wasn't this debunked some time back?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

Sommers is in.

But you don't have to believe it til you read it or see it for yourselves.
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

Stephen Sommers huh?...interesting.if its anything like van helsen and the mummy count me out.but if he can give it its own identity without hamming it up then i'm all in.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon6 View Post
    Stephen Sommers huh?...interesting.if its anything like van helsen and the mummy count me out.but if he can give it its own identity without hamming it up then i'm all in.

Unfortunately I doubt he can, at least not from the work he's put out before. But on the plus side, at least Van Helsing looked nice
    the preceding announcement was paid for by the new World order
    Got paranormal problems? Contact Boarderline Investigations. (*17) 555 - 2368. Ask for Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Wasn't this debunked some time back?
    That wasn't a rumor. He was pretty much announced as director but had problems with the producers' vision. Plus he wanted more money than Paramount was willing to pay.

It's still an int'l version of GI Joe, so I guess Sommers just worked with what di Bonaventura wanted and came up with something that worked for him - then gave it to the Paramount guys who hired him on the spot.

And it's for real -- http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

I think Hitchcock could have made an interesting G.I. Joe movie. Although 95 percent of it would have been soldiers sneaking up on each other.

I only know GI Joe from that old Cartoon(great times)..and of course the action figures...

I feel that Hugo Weaving might be good for Cobra Commander, or Destro....

Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity? What the heck is that?

Yurodivy

http://movies.ign.com/articles/815/815454p1.html

G.I. Joe is now international, it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon6 View Post
    I'm with you on that blackdragon6, I didn't think van helsing was that good.

Thanks for the link now i can get my roommate to shut up about action man. this idea makes a helluva lot more sense than making it a buddy flick between duke and action man

Quote Originally Posted by gruzilla View Post
    I'm with you on that blackdragon6, I didn't think van helsing was that good.
    Just remember: Sommers wrote and directed (and produced?) VAN HELSING.

With GI JOE, he's just directing. He'll have some creative control, sure, but others will as well.

The Man without a Face The Joker's Avatar

Just the fact that the guy directing G.I. Joe has VAN HELSING on his resume is cringe inducing.
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Much like how with Transformers, the key was in staying true to Optimus, I think the key to GI Joe is in keeping true to Cobra Commander. CC was the real personality in GI Joe. The Joes were really secondary. Tertiary, if you include CC's immediate minions. Don't f up CC, Destro and the Baroness (although you almost have to mess with Destro a little, the mask doesn't work in real life, and even worse in film making where you just removed all the actor's tools for expression) and you have the possibility for a fun movie.

Although it does raise the question: how do you deal with Destro and CC's masks? Because you really can't have two guys in full masks talking to each other, or you get that scene in Spider-Man all over again, where everyone is bobbing their heads. Maybe cut down Destro's mask to an MF Doom style mask?

I think you could get away with CC in the hood at least if Destro was wearing that. Maybe save the helmet for the final fight.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com