Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WWC: Alex Ross Talks "The Return" To Marvel

Alex Ross has been absent from the Marvel Universe for a while, but that's all about to change with the release of a cryptic Captain America image labeled "The Return."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11573

Interesting, I'm betting its not going to be Steve Rogers, at least at first.

Good god, I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hope they're not bringing Steve Rogers back already.

I'd be 90% certain they weren't if this weren't Alex Ross, which is a MASSIVE name. I'm still 60% sure though.

I'm betting that's Namor and Bucky on either side in the pic. So I'm wondering if this is going to be a newly modernised retelling of Cap's "return" from ice in Avengers #4. That could make sense, it could do with an update and it works with all the clues, right down to the Avengers.

I can't imagine Marvel would let- or Ross would want them to let, given what he says- Cap return outside the saga unfolding in his own book.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

I'm gonna stick my neck out....I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I like his DC work so much better than his Marvel stuff. I kind of wish he wasn't on this project, if this is indeed it.

Alex Ross: Well, at this point it's only about a week old as an image. I came up with it as a way of teasing out what we're talking about at Marvel. It's to grab the eye of course with the forthcoming return of Captain America. You know there's got to be some kind of return coming, so what is it? It's appropriately mysterious.
    Someone please tell me this was sarcasm, or him throwing us off the scent, or anything except what it sounds like.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetheb View Post
    Someone please tell me this was sarcasm, or him throwing us off the scent, or anything except what it sounds like.
    Did anyone really expect Cap to stay dead forever? It's pretty obvious Cap is going to come back at some point.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Cap is not coming back...this is clearly a WW2 story!!
    I'll be observing over here, UN-style!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Did anyone really expect Cap to stay dead forever? It's pretty obvious Cap is going to come back at some point.
    Marvel could have waited 2 years at least before Captain America returns from being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Marvel could have waited 2 years at least before Captain America returns from being dead.
    Maybe they will, seems too obvious..
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Undoubtedly.....but dead less than a year?

I'm going to reserve my judgement for now, as it may not be what it seems. (maybe they mean the return of the character, and not necessarily Steve Rogers)

He's only been dead for like 5 months and already he gets ressurected. I wonder how he's going to come back, i'm pretty sure that the super soldier serum has something to do with it. I just wonder with the state of things if he'll still oppose Iron-man and we'll get Civil War II in the Summer of 2009

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Cap should come back around January 20th, 2009. :D
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

Every inch of every muscle in my brain tells me this is a swerve by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos View Post
    Every inch of every muscle in my brain tells me this is a swerve by Marvel.
    I'd bet it all on you being right!
    I'll be observing over here, UN-style!