Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-POSITION: Week Eleven

This week, CBR brings you an exclusive first look at the first colored "Astonishing X-Men" art by Simone Bianchi, while writer Mike Carey answers your questions and even reveals a Skrull!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11526

I dream of Jeannie Bart Simpson's Avatar

I hope that Astonishing art is just sketch stuff. X-23 looks like Hisako except with claws. And if that's actual art from the new series it means everyone BUT Hisako made it back ok, and Emma doesn't have mental powers anymore but now can shoot stuff from her hands. wonderful. :rolleyes:

OMG Risque has a part in Messiah CompleX!??!~!~!~~!~~~~

OMFG FADED, I LOVE YOU. Kleinstocks? OMG YES. PLEEEEASE, MIKE CAREY. I think after he found out the Kleinstocks were fan-favorites, he was like "omg I need to put them in so fans won't hate meee!" or maybe he just wants to have my babies. Either way, I get mine.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

I have a boner.

Plans have changed, because the shape of the X-verse after “Messiah CompleX” has now been planned out in more detail and we know where all the pieces are going to fall. I'm still going to be writing an X-book, but I can't be specific right now about exactly how that's going to work.
    It looks like Mike won't be writing X-Men after the crossover. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Simpson View Post
    I hope that Astonishing art is just sketch stuff. X-23 looks like Hisako except with claws. And if that's actual art from the new series it means everyone BUT Hisako made it back ok, and Emma doesn't have mental powers anymore but now can shoot stuff from her hands. wonderful. :rolleyes:
    Emma's been shown to be able to focus her mental powers through her hands, so maybe that's all it really is.

OMFG THE PREVIEW ART HAS MADE MY BRAIN EXPLODE.

Frenzy is totally in the SPOTLIGHT.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    OMFG FADED, I LOVE YOU. Kleinstocks? OMG YES. PLEEEEASE, MIKE CAREY. I think after he found out the Kleinstocks were fan-favorites, he was like "omg I need to put them in so fans won't hate meee!" or maybe he just wants to have my babies. Either way, I get mine.
    Looks like we'll have a lot of Frenzy next issue, Nyssie. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm wondering if that means X-Men is the book being canceled and is turning into X-Force? Or going away completely so Astonishing and Uncanny are the only core books?

Or maybe it means that Adjectiveless won't be Adjectiveless any more and will get an Adjective?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Maybe they're changing X-men to X-Force? That could be cool. As long as he gets to write Rogue and (assuming they bring him back) Cable.

Oh, and I love that colored Astonishing X-men preview image. I really do kind of hope that's the team Ellis goes with. I know that having both Wolverine and X-23 on the same team could be kind of redundant, but it could also be fun.

I think X-men and New X-men are going to be relaunched with different names.
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

I dream of Jeannie Bart Simpson's Avatar

And speaking of characters that are missed, Tavia is longing for a certain redhead. “I know lots of people ask it, but I'm going to ask it anyway. One day, I expect Jean Grey to return. What kind of things do you guys in the X-office debate before you allow something like that to happen? Why would you not want it to happen?”

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here. I wish Jean hadn't come back that first time, or at least not in the way she did. Some resurrections work, and some don't. Being told ‘this character who you think you've been following for the past X years has never actually been the character you thought she was, because the character you thought she was is in fact over here' never works.

So the questions would always be – in this order – first, do we want to bring this character back? And second, is there a way of doing it that doesn't cheat the audience or offend their intelligence? If the answer is “yes” on both counts, then you go ahead.
    I can agree with Mike on this. THere could have been 1000 different things they could have done for her return the 1st time, not the poorly executed way they did it.
    Thank goodness for Grant Morrison.

But I hope Mike Carey can pen Jean's return. He knows what works.

I don't think the books Uncanny or Adjectiveless are going ANYWHERE. I do believe their casts will drastically change. New X-Men may get canned and shuffled else where.

1) What's the possibility of some of the following characters playing a part in the X-universe in the next year: Warlock/Douglock, X-Man, Mimic, Husk, Joseph, Pulse, Shatterstar, Longshot, Mondo, Alchemy, Lifeguard, Slipstream, or Forge?

MCarey: Well, there are reasons why I can't be entirely specific, but your list includes four hits and nine misses. Forge is about to become pretty damn important.
    PULSE is totally showing up!!! *faints like a school-girl*:o
    Zodiac: "The system is built to try and smooth out our complexities. Our rough edges. But those are the best things about us."