Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SNW21 View Post
    In Countdown#43, Monarch tells Forerunner that the Monitors sent someone to exterminate all life on Earth-34, which is the world the Forerunners are from. In Countdown to Adventure#1, Forerunner mentions in her purple "thought/narration box" which is used throughout most of the backup story, the following:

"The Monitor stated that eons ago our planet was called earth...the forty-eighth such incarnation in the multiverse. This earth waged many brutal wars. The humans fought among themselves and eventually their neighboring planets. It was the destruction of life on my earth that brought about the planetary combat treaty."

So in Countdown#43, Earth-34 is the Forerunners home world and now in Countdown to Adventure#1 their home world is Earth-48? Is this a continuity error? Am I missing something here?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman View Post
    I think it may have just been a mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Interro View Post
    New Earths, from DC Nation: Earth-18 (Justice Riders), Earth-21 (New Frontier), and Earth-34 (Wonder Woman: Amazonia).
    Looks like the mistake has been corrected.

See, it seems the higher up in the numbering you go, as a genral rule, the less that earth resembles New Earth. At this rate I'm fairly certain Earth-51 is Earth-Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by hangmanjury View Post
    Yeah, but the more earths they can get mileage out of, the better, right? Since now there's a clear limit on the number of earths, shouldn't they attempt to make every earth utilitarian and usable? So do we really need an Amazonia earth, or can we just have that consolidated into the Gotham by Gaslight world since they don't really contradict each other? Did the Forerunners really need their own universe? Why couldn't they have just been an alien race?
    They have two different versions of Jack the Ripper. I think that's where the contradiction lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newell View Post
    They have two different versions of Jack the Ripper. I think that's where the contradiction lies.
    Can we just say that these earths RESEMBLE these Elseworlds and aren't exactly them? We can ignore Jack the Ripper altogether. Yay.

Can we just say that these earths RESEMBLE these Elseworlds and aren't exactly them? We can ignore Jack the Ripper altogether. Yay.
    A bit hard to when the main plot of Amazonia is based around Jack the Ripper being King of Britain. :)

A bit hard to when the main plot of Amazonia is based around Jack the Ripper being King of Britain. :)
    But isn't the necessary part of Amazonia for the Multiverse just the Victorian Diana?

Ah well, I think I just want economy when it comes to this multiverse.

But isn't the necessary part of Amazonia for the Multiverse just the Victorian Diana?

Ah well, I think I just want economy when it comes to this multiverse.
    Sort of. But she only becomes a hero to battle the mysoginistic tyranny of King Jack.

Sort of. But she only becomes a hero to battle the mysoginistic tyranny of King Jack.
    ....Maybe there were TWO jack the rippers.....
    .....yeeeeeeahhhhhhh.....

Still, you get my point though, right? As much as possible I'd like each earth to be completely usable and something they'd get quite a bit of mileage out of.

So we're up to 24 Earths being revealed, so how about we have some guesses on what'll be some of the other Earths. :)

Here's a couple of definites, I think:
    • JLA: The Nail/Another Nail/Superboy's Legion
    • Superman's Metropolis/Batman: Nosferatu/Wonder Woman: The Blue Amazon.
    • Generations
    • Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Again
    • Thrillkiller
    • Batman: Brotherhood of the Bat/League of Batmen
    • Superman: Last Son of Earth/Last Stand on Krypton
    These were all popular enough to receive "sequels", so I think we can safely assume they all made it onto the list.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Paul Newell; 09-06-2007 at 06:59 PM.

....Maybe there were TWO jack the rippers.....
    .....yeeeeeeahhhhhhh.....

Still, you get my point though, right? As much as possible I'd like each earth to be completely usable and something they'd get quite a bit of mileage out of.
    I do see you're point, but I think, this time, they're trying to make sure, unlike The Kingdom mini, that the previous works don't get invalidated or retconned in any way. In some cases, that just means that it has to happen on a separate Earth, unfortunately.

I agree with all those, except for DKR. I don't think anything should touch DKR, not even DKSA.

There was a sequel to Another Nail?

Again, I think the Speeding Bullets Elseworlds should get its own earth, just because execution didn't live up to the concept, and this might be their chance to get it right. Bruce would still be Batman on the multiverse earth though.

There was a sequel to Another Nail?
    Not really, but Superboy's Legion is by the same creative team and some of the characters from it appeared in Another Nail, so it's considered by many to be happening in the same universe.

So we're up to 24 Earths being revealed, so how about we have some guesses on what'll be some of the other Earths. :)

Here's a couple of definites, I think:
    • JLA: The Nail/Another Nail/Superboy's Legion
    • Superman's Metropolis/Batman: Nosferatu/Wonder Woman: The Blue Amazon.
    • Generations
    • Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Again
    • Thrillkiller
    • Batman: Brotherhood of the Bat/League of Batmen
    • Superman: Last Son of Earth/Last Stand on Krypton
    These were all popular enough to receive "sequels", so I think we can safely assume they all made it onto the list.

Any other suggestions?

Superman's Metropolis had a sequel? When did this happen and what's it called?
    "Our job is to do the impossible and make it look easy." Hawk G.I.Joe #1 (marvel series)

"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" Buck Murdoc Airplane II the Sequel

Favorite Writers: Geoff Johns, Larry Hama, Kurt Busiek

Favorite Artists: George Perez, Alex Ross

Favorite Heroes: Captain America, Captain Harlock, Alan Scott, Duke, Optimus Prime

Favorite Villains: Char Aznable, Darth Vader, Megatron, Dr Doom

Quote Originally Posted by LordEd1976 View Post
    Superman's Metropolis had a sequel? When did this happen and what's it called?
    Batman: Nosferatu and Wonder Woman: The Blue Amazon were both sequels to Superman's Metropolis and the whole thing is a trilogy.

Nosferatu was published in 1999 and happens during the rule of Clarc and Lois. The Blue Amazon in 2003 and explores the origins of Metropolis and it's world.

I do see you're point, but I think, this time, they're trying to make sure, unlike The Kingdom mini, that the previous works don't get invalidated or retconned in any way. In some cases, that just means that it has to happen on a separate Earth, unfortunately.
    I remember reading in an interview (I don't recall with who) that knowledge of a particular Earth's source material doesn't necessarily mean that you know very much about that Earth in it's present incarnation. Hence, it's possible that the two Jack the Rippers you mentioned have been consolidated into a singular being.

After all, while (according to your list) we apparently know what Earth the Victorian-era Wonder Woman lives on, you still have the one for the Victorian-era Batman listed as 'Mentioned but not yet shown.'
    Lame:Facebook,Myspace.
    Awesome: LiveJournal.

Formerly Lord_Fireface.