Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Brand New Day- New Asm Creators Announced! (Potential spoilers)

Four Creative Teams announced:
    http://www.newsarama.com/Comic-Con_0...el/Wacker.html

Dan Slott, Steve McNiven, Dexter Vines and Morry Hollowell
    Marc Guggenheim, Salvador Larrocca and Jason Keith
    Bob Gale, Phil Jimenez, Andy Lanning and Jeromy Cox
    Zeb Wells, Chris Bachalo, Tim Townshend and Antonio Fabela

WOWZA! AWESOME! Guggenheim rules, obviously. Slott writes a brilliant Spidey and will also be penning his last pre-OMD appearance! McNiven is INCREDIBLE, and that art team is the one from Civil War! I don't have much experience with Gale or Wells, but I'm more than willing to give them shots. And Bachalo and Jiminez RULE!

On another note, guess Venom's tip about JR Jr was wrong, and I['m astounded to find McNiven doing TWO projects at once. (Since he's doing a Millar one as well!)
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

This is gonna be great!!!!

The one thing I'm sad at is that it's pretty much a 80% probability they're undoing the Unmasking, and we never got nearly enough story possibilities out of that. But it's gonna rock so much I may never even notice.

Oh and UH-OH! In the big interview here: http://www.newsarama.com/Comic-Con_0...iderTable.html Dan Slott mentons Peter being unable to get a date. Get ready your torches and pitchforks, MJ-supporters!
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Well, those are some spiffy teams.

However, if MJ's gone, so am I.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Zeb Wells and Chris Bachalo!!! Perfect. Was I supposed to have ordered this already? I cant wait.

Sounds cool. The only artist I'm not completely stoked for is Bachalo, but I'll wait and see how he does. As far as writers go, Slott and Guggenheim should be great, don't know anything about Gale, and Wells, well... he'll be another wait and see, I think.
    READING:
    Amazing Spider-Man | Avengers Academy | Carnage USA | Locke & Key | Scarlet Spider | Ultimate Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Well, those are some spiffy teams.

However, if MJ's gone, so am I.
    Right behind you!
    And i ask myself why have i been buying comics for the past years?
    Everything is going to be undone.
    Actually people now when reading all spidey´s books go from 60´s,70´s,80´s directly to 2007,everything in the middle is irrelevant!
    Makes me feel kinda stupid for wasting my money for the past 20 years
    Last edited by Noronha; 07-28-2007 at 03:23 PM.
    Reading List
    All New X-Factor/X-Men

Im only really happy with slott, mcniven and bachalo really....

regardless it still means we are going to have alot of new spider storys with so many writters....lets just hope it works well.

Slott and McNiven:that's a spidey dream team!

Quote Originally Posted by rZi View Post
    Im only really happy with slott, mcniven and bachalo really....
    The solution is simple; Read something drawn by Jiminez, and then read something written by Guggenheim. Then you'll be happy with over half of the team! :p

But it's indicated Bachalo is only on it for the reboot arc.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Interesting choices. I've only read one other comic by Bob Gale (a Batman story that was quite good), but he gets enough respect from me for Back to the Future anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto Rocks View Post
    Oh and UH-OH! In the big interview here: http://www.newsarama.com/Comic-Con_0...iderTable.html Dan Slott mentons Peter being unable to get a date. Get ready your torches and pitchforks, MJ-supporters!
    Hey, you don't know. Maybe Pete and MJ are gonna become swingers.

First person who makes a pun will regret it.

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Wow this is crazy, overwhelming news!

So much preview art... *dies*

I'm kinda disappointed that Bachalo is moving on to Spidey when I had hoped he'd be back for future issues of X-Men.

Are these the writers Millar didn't like? I kinda see what he means

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    Hey, you don't know. Maybe Pete and MJ are gonna become swingers.
    *Opens Mouth*

First person who makes a pun will regret it.
    :(

*Closes mouth*

Are these the writers Millar didn't like? I kinda see what he means
    Not too surprised, really. Millar and this lot have RADICALLY different styles. I love Millar to death, he's by far my favourite writer in comics, but he can't write non crisis level stories where everything isn't deathly serious and big scale. That's why I really want him on ASM for a while, but he wouldn't make a good ongoing writer. As opposed to Guggenheim or Slott, etc. Very different styles, and Slott and Guggenheim would still be considered by many to be unproven. I'd probably think that myself if I hadn't read Flash: Fastest Man Alive and Avengers: The Initiative. Heh- PAD leaves Spidey to write She-Hulk and Slott left She-Hulk to write Spidey. Funny old world. ;)

I'm kinda disappointed that Bachalo is moving on to Spidey when I had hoped he'd be back for future issues of X-Men.
    He will be, he's only drawing 3 issues of Spidey. Unfortunately.

I love you Joss. Yes homo We R. Venom's Avatar

God this is freakin great. Spider-man is gonna be even better now. All these writers are perfect and so many styles is always good.
    Biru-no tanima-no kurayami-ni, Supaida-man!
    Havok was right.