Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR NEWS: Charles & Daniel Knauf: Waking Up from An Eternal Slumber

The brothers talk about the new monthly series starring Jack Kirby's other race of, oh, let's call them newish gods, here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The brothers talk about the new monthly series starring Jack Kirby's other race of, oh, let's call them newish gods, here.
    Aren't they father and son?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Oops! :o

Maybe they're like the White Stripes, and we'll never know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Oops! :o

Maybe they're like the White Stripes, and we'll never know for sure.
    Let's put it this way, if they are brothers, their mother was the longest fertile woman ever.

As to the series though, I like what they've done on Iron Man so far. It's really going to come down to two things though: not duplicating what JMS is doing on Thor (because Gaiman's mini and the new Asgard bit have their similarities, probably because Gaiman came up with both of them, but Thor is always going to take presedence over the Eternals) and who is drawing it. It's still probably going to be a tough sell, because they're the friggin' Eternals.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

yeah that sounds very similar both asgardians and eternals with amnesia thinking they are humans. The only reason i would touch this book is for sersi.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

I love Carnivale, and I love the Knuaf's Iron Man, so I'll be taking a looksee.

Having finally read Gaiman's Eternal mini, I am all over this. Man, I hope we get to see these guys really bust out, go against Apocalypse (and finally make him a truly threaten villain), meet up with Thor again, get back in touch with the Eternals on Titan, etc. So much they can do; can't wait!
    Everyone has a price. Some are cheaper than others.

The solution to every problem you'll ever have: get over it.

Fire. Wang Fire.

Not to sound too pessimistic, but I really don't see how this could survive as an ongoing.... The Gaiman mini already sold less than people thought it would. It would've been safer to go with another mini first, specially when you consider the eternals didn't even survive as ongoing in the '80's, when the comic market was at its healthiest.

But hey, I'll give it a look, depending on the artist. I REALLY hope this doesn't mean the Knaufs are leaving iron-man though. I want 'em to have a good, strong run on that book before they leave.

The comic market in the 1980s was the healthiest? There were a lot of speculators in the market, especially during the black and white boom, but those numbers weren't anything compared to the 1970s and before, were they?

Marvel is built on the work of Jack Kirby. I think it's a pretty worthwhile gamble on their part to try this.
    CBR Community Citizen of the Year 1992, 1993, 1995

Good to see them doing more carnivale-esque metaphyiscal stuff, should be cool.

Great news! While DC is slaying their Godly Kirby creations, Marvel is celebrating The Eternals. I hope they have a strong artist.

And I hope to see Karkas and Ransak The Reject sooner than later.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Quote Originally Posted by DaeJi View Post
    Having finally read Gaiman's Eternal mini, I am all over this. Man, I hope we get to see these guys really bust out, go against Apocalypse (and finally make him a truly threaten villain), meet up with Thor again, get back in touch with the Eternals on Titan, etc. So much they can do; can't wait!
    QFT, if they put a top notch artist, this will really kick ass. Well, why not JRjr, what's he doing after WWH? I'd love for Adi Granov to do an arc, too.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Which one of the Eternal carries a hammer? I was reading the article and they said we'll see the return of a very powerful character that carries a hammer and whose name isn't Thor, anyone have any idea who they are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by DaeJi View Post
    Jeez I almost forgot about possibly relating that whole Apocalypse/Celestial thing to the Eternals. That would be awesome.

This is good news, I've been waiting for a follow-up to Neil's Eternals since it ended in such an odd fashion. Not in a bad way particularly but it just seemed like either Neil or Marvel had more in mind and they left a "to be continued" in there.

Either that or Neil Gaiman's main goal was to just integrate them into the MU in a really solid fashion and make it accessible to any writer given that wants to follow up or use the Eternals. I have to say, it was perfect for new reader (I was one myself) yet full of nice nods to the old Eternals to the continuity hound. Plus after reading the older Eternals works like the TPB's of Thor: Celestials Saga by Roy Thomas, re-reading the mini makes the knowledge of the older stuff extra cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES.SLIMM View Post
    Which one of the Eternal carries a hammer? I was reading the article and they said we'll see the return of a very powerful character that carries a hammer and whose name isn't Thor, anyone have any idea who they are talking about
    I'm guessing it'll be Phastos

Does anyone remember this book? What type of impression did you get from it?

Also there was nothing original about the story of the eternals getting amnesia and thinking they are human. This was first done on a large scale I believe in this book with the Asgardians. So this didnt impress nor will JMS.

Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.