Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Default MERGE: The Twelve

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11312

When the tyranny of the Axis Powers threatened the world, many costumed champions stepped forward to fight for freedom during the Golden Age of heroes in the Marvel Universe. The most famous of these heroes like Captain America, The Sub-Mariner, and Union Jack continue their fights for justice in the present day or have spawned long lasting heroic legacies but many of them remain forgotten. That will change in January of 2008 when readers are reintroduced to many forgotten golden age heroes in the pages of "The Twelve," a twelve issue mini-series by writer J. Michael Straczynski AKA JMS and artist Chris Weston. We spoke with Editor Tom Brevoort about the series
    I don't know if I dig the modern setting and Straczynski hasn't been my cup of tea lately, but . . . what the hell, at least it'll be pretty.
    Expletive Deleted

I almost thought this was a Tom Brevoort blog about how bad The Twelve was in the X-Men books. This looks promising though, it's been in the making for a while and Weston is a really good artist.

While I haven't been impressed by anything JMS has written in quite some time, I'll still give this a chance. Chris Weston should ensure that the book looks good at least, plus I'm always interested in seeing forgotten Golen Age characters reappearing.

Does anyone have any samples of what Weston's art looks like? For some reason, I'm drawing a blank when it comes to his art style.

Well it kind of makes sense with the BIG 3 of Marvel golden Age (Namor, Human Torch, and Captain America) are all dead, with the exception since we don't know the truth of him being dead... yet. :(

Also I think the All Winners Squad are almost dead along with the original Union Jack.

So it would be great to see more forgoten characters from the Golden Age return to the modern day century, who says we had not seen that before....is that right Agents of Atlas. :D

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Well it kind of makes sense with the BIG 3 of Marvel golden Age (Namor, Human Torch, and Captain America) are all dead, with the exception since we don't know the truth of him being dead... yet. :(

Also I think the All Winners Squad are almost dead along with the original Union Jack.

So it would be great to see more forgoten characters from the Golden Age return to the modern day century, who says we had not seen that before....is that right Agents of Atlas. :D
    There's actually quite a few surviving heroes from the WWII era still kicking around.

The original Angel, Blazing Skull, Spitfire, Night Raven, Dominic Fortune, most of the Howling Commandos, Blue Diamond, Winter Soldier, Captain Terror, Challenger, Destroyer (Aubrey), Fin, Hurricane (Makkari), Jack Frost, Red Raven, Namor, Namora, Silver Scorpion, Bucky (Fred Davis), the Terror, Thin Man, Thunderer, Blonde Phantom and Venus (the goddess, not the Agents of Atlas siren). Most of the above are still in extremely good physical condition too.

And the Black Marvel, Patriot, Toro, Iron Cross, Miss America and Whizzer only passed away recently, Marvel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    There's actually quite a few surviving heroes from the WWII era still kicking around.

The original Angel, Blazing Skull, Spitfire, Night Raven, Dominic Fortune, most of the Howling Commandos, Blue Diamond, Winter Soldier, Captain Terror, Challenger, Destroyer (Aubrey), Fin, Hurricane (Makkari), Jack Frost, Red Raven, Namor, Namora, Silver Scorpion, Bucky (Fred Davis), the Terror, Thin Man, Thunderer, Blonde Phantom and Venus (the goddess, not the Agents of Atlas siren). Most of the above are still in extremely good physical condition too.

And the Black Marvel, Patriot, Toro, Iron Cross, Miss America and Whizzer only passed away recently, Marvel time.
    Well with those remain Golden Age heroes along with the Twleve and Agents of Atlas members, then we could have the ULITMATE Golden Age adventure that are set in Modern times. :D

This looks a thousand million times better than Agents of Atlas.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    This looks a thousand million times better than Agents of Atlas.
    Blasphemy!

Actually, to each their own. I absolutely loved AoA.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=11311

And, over here, Chris Weston talks "The Twelve."
    Expletive Deleted

Honestly, if this is written the same way comics back then were written, with the same kinds of plot, I'm all over this. The weirdest of the weird today would be considered mild reading back then.
    Everyone has a price. Some are cheaper than others.

The solution to every problem you'll ever have: get over it.

Fire. Wang Fire.

Been looking forward to this since the first teaser images.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

The Best Batgirl is back! Icefalcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Is Roger Aubrey still alive then? He was the only surprise name on your list to me, I could have sworn he'd been killed off or replaced or something.
    Mind you I don't collect Thunderbolts and a lot of Golden Age guys appeared in that book early on didn't they?

From the samples posted on Chris Weston's site, this looks absolutely lovely. Since this is a revival of actual Golden Age characters and not more ret-cons- I'll give it a chance. And the premise could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Is Roger Aubrey still alive then? He was the only surprise name on your list to me, I could have sworn he'd been killed off or replaced or something.
    Mind you I don't collect Thunderbolts and a lot of Golden Age guys appeared in that book early on didn't they?
    Aubrey died. Then he got better. He was last seen fighting alongside the newest incarnation of the Invaders.

And yes, a fair few GA characters showed up in Thunderbolts. That's where we got confirmation that Aubrey, Silver Scorpion and Fred Davis are still with us (although SS is ill). Iron Cross turned up there too, though he died a little later. And we learned that Golden Girl (Sabuki) and Human Top (Mitchell) were dead, though both had superpowered children and grandchildren following in their footsteps.