Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles post!
    Posts
    39,761

    Default Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate vs Pre-Crisis Darkseid

    Strange and Fate are at their own, personal best. (They've been given a week to get to know one another), They then assualt Darkseid.



    Who wins?
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

    Wins on CBR

  2. #2
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,975

    Default

    Kent Nelson Fate? And you mean they get a week of one sided prep?

  3. #3
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Claimer of the 2,000,000 Rumbles post!
    Posts
    39,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Kent Nelson Fate? And you mean they get a week of one sided prep?
    Yes, old school Fate.


    And no, no prep. I meant they sit down and talk, get to know more about how each others' magic works and the like. No prep against Darkseid is allowed at that time, I just wanted them to work well together when tje time comes is all.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

    Wins on CBR

  4. #4
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,975

    Default

    Ehn.. Can see them getting overwhelmed before they can get any of the really good hoodoo up then.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Howard Allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Ehn.. Can see them getting overwhelmed before they can get any of the really good hoodoo up then.
    They go in with shields up. Strange then channels the Source Wall and beats down Darkseid like a red headed stepchild.
    Religion is like a fart. It's only good when all the others stink.

  6. #6
    Grad Student Charge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, Earth 2
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    They go in with shields up. Strange then channels the Source Wall and beats down Darkseid like a red headed stepchild.
    Yes, this is so going to work when the source wall was able to withstand hundreds of galaxy sized promethian giants and their ridiculously advanced tech?

    Its going to be so easy when, afaik, the only being ever shown to be capable of breaching the source was Lucifer ?

    And he's going to do it rather easily when you consider the source wall is an aspect of the presence/the one above all and is therefore far above eternity...

    Care to back that statement up?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Howard Allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charge View Post
    Yes, this is so going to work when the source wall was able to withstand hundreds of galaxy sized promethian giants and their ridiculously advanced tech?

    Its going to be so easy when, afaik, the only being ever shown to be capable of breaching the source was Lucifer ?

    And he's going to do it rather easily when you consider the source wall is an aspect of the presence/the one above all and is therefore far above eternity...

    Care to back that statement up?
    He's channeled Eternity. He's channeled Aggamoto. Why wouldn't he be able to channel the source wall. His past channeling feats make this entirely possible.
    Religion is like a fart. It's only good when all the others stink.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    There is no such thing as Pre or Post Crisis Darkseid.

  9. #9
    Moderator Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    50,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    He's channeled Eternity. He's channeled Aggamoto. Why wouldn't he be able to channel the source wall. His past channeling feats make this entirely possible.
    Do people often channel in the DCU? Strange channels the power of Eternity and Aggamoto because they allow him to do so.

    Will the Source Wall do the same? Does it show any inclination to do that for anyone? I'm not being sarcastic - this is a legit question. I don't know.

  10. #10
    BANNED rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    15,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NilExtropus View Post
    There is no such thing as Pre or Post Crisis Darkseid.
    How do you figure?

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    How do you figure?
    It was stated that the Crisis didn't affect the Fourth World (where Apokolips and New Genesis were).

    Also the Source Wall has been controlled. Cyborg Superman controlled a small bit of it once.

  12. #12
    Moderator Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    50,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NilExtropus View Post
    Also the Source Wall has been controlled. Cyborg Superman controlled a small bit of it once.
    I didn't say controlled. I said channelled. Again, Strange only gets his power from higher-level entities because they choose to give it to him.

    Unless he goes out and jacks the Source Wall's power (like he did to the Lord of Chaos before fighting Shuma-Gorath), he needs to have it given to him.

    Does it do that?

    Edit: It's possible he 'taps' into other types of power as well. Munnopor, for example, is almost certainly a world - Mists of Munnopor, Twelve Moons of Munnopor, etc. It doesn't 'gift' him with its power.

    Does the Source Wall have any defenses against such things?
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-04-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Mispelling - didn't get one of the three common spellings of Munnopor

  13. #13
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NilExtropus View Post
    There is no such thing as Pre or Post Crisis Darkseid.
    And yet, there's a clear difference in how he's handled in the pre and post Crisis periods, so it remains an easy shorthand people will continue to use.

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    And yet, there's a clear difference in how he's handled in the pre and post Crisis periods, so it remains an easy shorthand people will continue to use.
    So it's just a nickname?

  15. #15
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,975

    Default

    If it makes you feel better about that people will continue to use the Crisis as the most recognizable DC event from which to separate the handling of Darkseid as a character as far as the best of his glory days and not, sure, it's a nickname.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •