Page 103 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3098

From the February Previews (shipping in April)...

FEB10 0798 HACK SLASH & MERCY SPARX ONESHOT A CVR SEELEY (MR) 04/28/10 SRP: $5.99 = $
    FEB10 0799 HACK SLASH & MERCY SPARX ONESHOT B CVR MERHOFF (MR) 04/28/10 SRP: $5.99 = $
    PAGE 232
    FEB10 0800 HACK SLASH SERIES #34 A CVR SEELEY (MR) 04/28/10 SRP: $3.50 = $
    FEB10 0801 HACK SLASH SERIES #34 B CVR ZULLO (MR) 04/28/10 SRP: $3.50 = $

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bohn View Post
    From the February Previews (shipping in April)...

FEB10 0798 HACK SLASH & MERCY SPARX ONESHOT A CVR SEELEY (MR) 04/28/10 SRP: $5.99 = $
    FEB10 0799 HACK SLASH & MERCY SPARX ONESHOT B CVR MERHOFF (MR) 04/28/10 SRP: $5.99 = $
    PAGE 232
    FEB10 0800 HACK SLASH SERIES #34 A CVR SEELEY (MR) 04/28/10 SRP: $3.50 = $
    FEB10 0801 HACK SLASH SERIES #34 B CVR ZULLO (MR) 04/28/10 SRP: $3.50 = $
    I can't find the one shot on Heavy Ink
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

TFAW doesn't have it listed either.

I imagine it'll show up on both sites early next week.

Not really into Mercy Sparx but this should still be a fun crossover.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 01-15-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Current Pull List: The Walking Dead and Revival

Quote Originally Posted by timseeley View Post
    I do love werewolf stories, and I'm working on a non Hack/Slash werewolf comic project that'll hopefully see the light of day sometime.
    I've always been a little hesitant to bring in other monster types into Hack/Slash, simply because it might not jive with the established mythology. On the other hand, I've done weirder shit with H/S, so that's a bad excuse. We'll see if I can find a good story....
    Coincidently, I just watched Skinwalkers this weekend, to see if my werewolf story had any similarities. The film's directing and production values are off for some reason, but the idea is cool, and the werewolves look great.
    TIM
    You've already had Nef Lords and Mary Shelley Lovecraft, fer Crissakes! I think werewolves might actually be a little too normal for H/S. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQRotten View Post
    You've already had Nef Lords and Mary Shelley Lovecraft, fer Crissakes! I think werewolves might actually be a little too normal for H/S. LOL
    There's also the fact that werewolves and other, more traditional horror monsters are a big part of BUFFY. I'm hesitant to use anything that makes the lines between Hack/Slash and Buffy any more blurred, as I seem to inadvertently crib from Whedon as it is!
    TIM

There's also the fact that werewolves and other, more traditional horror monsters are a big part of BUFFY. I'm hesitant to use anything that makes the lines between Hack/Slash and Buffy any more blurred, as I seem to inadvertently crib from Whedon as it is!
    TIM
    AND people are saying that Werewolves are the next big thing once vampires die down a bit. And I think we're all getting a bit nauseated with all the vamp fluff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by boshobosho View Post
    AND people are saying that Werewolves are the next big thing once vampires die down a bit. And I think we're all getting a bit nauseated with all the vamp fluff out there.
    If they were actual vampires and not glittery emo teenyboppers I would be into it.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

TWILIGHT was not the first story to make vampires and werewolves lame and pouty, and it won't be the last. They're legendary critters, and the tough part is coming up with new ways to present them. I think we did that with "slashers" in H/S, and a few other horror tropes. I'd just be concerned to steer us into an area well covered by Buffy, Hellboy, etc.
    TIM

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

The only thing they really have in common is they deal with a main chick who kills monsters. One is totally more geared towards dudes while the other is more girly. One is totally more high school drama while the other is more genuine horror. Not only that but the Japanese had movies and games dealing with chicks killing monsters long before Whedon came up with the idea.

Personally, I think Whedon is overrated and although his shit may be good in comparison to the Anita Blake nonsense, it has nothing on what Niles has done with vampires.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 01-19-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Current Pull List: The Walking Dead and Revival

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post

Personally, I think Whedon is overrated and although his shit may be good in comparison to the Anita Blake nonsense, it has nothing on what Niles has done with vampires.
    I hate Anita Blake vampires. Actually, I hate sex vampires. How do the undead even screw? Suck off some of your blood so they can get a boner? LAME!
    Vampires are evil motherf*ckers. They don't want to bang you. They want to consume you!

Got #29 delivered at the end of last (little hassle with local shop selling out then "finding" copies the follwoing week after I'd already ordered it ). Another great issue (aren't they always?). I was a bit dubious about the idea of superheroes in the H/S universe, as I thought it might detract from the grounded "reality" of the series. However, seeing as they're more the Minutemen [from Watchmen]/Kick-Ass style of "heroes" (without the "super") it works abd I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
    U-Go Girl lives & Squirrel Girl is the nuts!

TWILIGHT was not the first story to make vampires and werewolves lame and pouty, and it won't be the last. They're legendary critters, and the tough part is coming up with new ways to present them. I think we did that with "slashers" in H/S, and a few other horror tropes. I'd just be concerned to steer us into an area well covered by Buffy, Hellboy, etc.
    TIM
    Yeah, I can see that. Like another poster said, Buffy wasn't the first young woman to fight monsters but she's the one everyone knows and to which every other story is compared. I think if you ever do touch on Vampires you should make them moping emo metros who ask Cassie for help because a slasher is loose that has an MO that looks like vampires did it. Poke a little fun at the Twilight phenom with it....

Yeah, I can see that. Like another poster said, Buffy wasn't the first young woman to fight monsters but she's the one everyone knows and to which every other story is compared. I think if you ever do touch on Vampires you should make them moping emo metros who ask Cassie for help because a slasher is loose that has an MO that looks like vampires did it. Poke a little fun at the Twilight phenom with it....
    mopey vampires were done too. Garth Ennis; Preacher.

That's a fucking good idea.
    TIM!

IMPORTANT!
    If you guys want that Cassie statue, be sure to sign up at http://www.patchtogether.com/
    The great Jeff Bohn and I have signed up and submitted a design which will be uploaded in a few days. We'll need everyone to vote so we can get 'er made!
    THIS will be the design: