Page 205 of 207 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3098

Am very disappointed that Hack/Slash is being canceled. I love this title for its sexiness and its campy humor. Nothing out there at the moment like it and it will be missed but hopefully for not too long before it is revived and speaking of revived at least there is Revival to fall back on Oh can we get a favorite HS cover thread going after the last issue? Or may continue from here?
    Last edited by captaincaveman00; 03-12-2013 at 03:48 PM.

If Vlad does dies by the end of #25, I won't look forward to anymore Hack/Slash (unless the next arc is to get him back from the depths of Hell). To me Vlad is the foundation of the comic. I'll go on the record and say I don't care for Evil Dead (I seen the first two, but looking forward to the remake and I disliked the second one due to it being more of a comedy) and I find Bruce Campbell overrated. So I'm dreading the upcoming HACK/SLASH VS. ARMY OF DARKNESS mini-series. Does anyone know if that mini-series is meant to be canon and if so, does it link to issue # 25 of hack/slash.

I want to know if I'm the only one that didn't enjoy (most of) the relaunch of Hack/Slash under Image?
    Also is there a better forum were fans of Hack/Slash unite to discuss the storyline, as this one Hack/Slash forums doesn't have sub-topics.
    Last edited by EliParker; 03-13-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typos and shifting words around

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

Back in the late eighties fellow horror fans I was friends with, they kept saying, "You HAVE to watch EVIL DEAD, its the best horror film ever". So finally I caved and went to Blockbuster and rented it. After the film was over I was like, "what the fuck? I think I need new friends". But when the crossover was announced, I decided to give the film another shot and I actually enjoyed it. I'm thinking it may have to do with the fact that while it still isn't a great film, its a lot better than a lot of the new horror movies being put out these days like the crappy Saw films, or the really awful Final Destination films or the really, really awful remakes like that horrible Nightmare On Elm Street remake, or the beyond awful Psycho remake. However, with that being said, I'm still looking forward to seeing the Evil Dead reboot, and they're supposedly working on an Army of Darkness sequel with Bruce, which should be fun.

As for for the crossover being canon, the last time Tim mentioned he said it would tie into what is going on in the current H/S story arc, so I'd say that means it is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
    Also is there a better forum were fans of Hack/Slash unite to discuss the storyline, as this one Hack/Slash forums doesn't have sub-topics.
    The Image Comics board has a Tim Seeley section all the way at the bottom, always been pretty quiet over there though!

@Deviancy

I'm a huge fan of the Horror genre and that was something that got me into Hack/Slash. The issue with the horror films you listed were that those films were "Hollywood" horror films. So the first one out of those series were good, but then the following ones were not only for money and not the story of the film. For good horror films in America there were a few companies that were good - Like Lionsgate and some of New Line Cinema. Below is a link of a some good horror films

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_Horrorfest

Now lately to see very good horror films, fans of the genre needs to see international films like ones from Koera, and Japan. One of my fave horror films is A Tale of Two Sisters and there was an American remake called The Uninvited. One thing I disagree on is Nightmare on Elm Street remake, it was better then 5, 6, 7 and Freddy vs Jason and the Tv show.

@Jeff Bohn

Thanks for the heads up, I guess fans should try to move there after # 25 comes out.

I was browsing an omnibus at the store the other day, and this looks pretty awesome. Just scanning through the thread here, I see talk of a relaunch...where do I start? Hack/Slash Omnibus Vol 1? I'd like to start at the very very beginning.
    Last edited by ForeverYoung8; 03-14-2013 at 12:48 PM.

I'd like to ask the same question as the above poster, but I've also got a question or two of my own.

I have a FCBD issue/preview from back in the Devil's Due day, and I think I stupidly chucked it out a long while ago. All I really remember is OTT violence and pantie-shots, though I could be wrong. I've kept my eye on solicitations because they're in the Image ones and I really like some of the covers, and just the visual style of the protag in general. I can get a bit picky about the way sex/sexuality is depicted in comics (I liked X-Force: Sex & Violence, as an example), which is why I've not ventured into Hack/Slash as of yet. So what I'm asking, I suppose, is would Hack/Slash probably be a waste of my time?

Questions answered:
    Omnibus 1 is a great place to start. If ya wanna go for a cheaper sample, try MY FIRST MANIAC which is an "Year One" type tale for only 1o bucks.
    Personally, I think we do sexuality better than most "adult" comic books. We don't shy from it, we exploit it when it's fun, but we avoid making it shameful, creepy or misogynistic like the damn plague. I don't think H/S is sexist, nor do most of the women who read it. And there are many.
    Also, I did not know I had an Image Comics forum. Good to know!
    We won't close down this thread or anything...this is still a good place to discuss the book, and I'll check it.
    TIM SEELEY

Thanks, Tim.

Mr. Seeley, thank you very much for the response! I've been reading through more of the thread, and I'm sold. Thanks again.

ALSO! I just finished the first draft of HACK/SLASH and the ARMY OF DARKNESS issue one. So, there's that.
    TIM!

Quote Originally Posted by timseeley View Post
    ALSO! I just finished the first draft of HACK/SLASH and the ARMY OF DARKNESS issue one. So, there's that.
    TIM!
    Fantastic news hun :)
    Helena Wayne as the Huntress, horrible! RIP Helena Bertinelli April 1989 - August 2011 Rotten thing to do to your fans DC. Bait and switch. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by timseeley View Post
    TIM!
    Somewhere, the head of Dynamite is going "Darn it and I told the audience at ECCC we weren't announcing that till C2E2!"

Cause he did mention a big Army of Darkness project he couldn't announce yet till then. I'm still betting this is it.

Hell of a great book, Hack/Slash is the bee's knees. Rock on!
    DROKK IT!!

So sad Hack/Slash is ending but I guess it's better to end it at a high note rather than the series to go bad. I loved the characters, the cameos, and all the slasher movie campiness. I'm looking forward to that Army of Darkness crossover as I really enjoyed the Evil Dead trilogy.