Page 196 of 207 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3098
    Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

And Jeff's site once again provides the answers...

H/S Inc: There seems to be little reference to the Monster Baiting arc in this issue, specifically the syringe. Is Cassie keeping secrets from Vlad (and the readers)?

Tim: Yes. This will be resolved in issue 20!

It's a bit of a wait to find out what impact the big game changer had on her but well, when I started feeling he was going the sappy romantic route with Sam and Cassie, he pleasantly surprised me by breaking away from that in a game changing way. So I'm pretty sure he'll do something really cool in #20.

It was a conscious decision by Tim and the team on the book to leave the consequences of the "Monster Baiting" storyline (specifically the syringe) for Tim to resolve when he picks up the writing again in #20.

Quote Originally Posted by JLowder View Post
    It was a conscious decision by Tim and the team on the book to leave the consequences of the "Monster Baiting" storyline (specifically the syringe) for Tim to resolve when he picks up the writing again in #20.
    What's this about #20 being the begining of the end, is H/S finishing of have I misinterpreted the new Image solicits?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Robo Ape View Post
    What's this about #20 being the begining of the end, is H/S finishing of have I misinterpreted the new Image solicits?
    I asked Tim about that on REDDIT when he did his AMA...

http://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/c...ics_hackslash/

You've mentioned an end in mind for Hack/Slash. Your next Hack/Slash arc is ominously named... FINAL. Are we nearing the end?

Yes. And no. Ah, to be so cryptic. But, FINAL will definitely contain an ending..of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bohn View Post
    I asked Tim about that on REDDIT when he did his AMA...

http://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/c...ics_hackslash/
    Thanks for that, not that he clarifies it that much.

I started watching X-Men: First Class today which got me curious about what has been going on in the comic since I dropped it 20 years ago. So I hit up Wiki and I started reading up on what has been going on with Emma Frost, Psylocke, Wolverine, etc, and so on. After I got done with that the only thing I could think of is just how glad I am that I dropped the book(s) 20 years ago. In my opinion a good story needs needs a proper beginning and a proper end, and when a story goes on for too long without an end, it just gets sloppy and long in the tooth. For example, from what I read about Jean Grey, Psylocke, and Kitty Pryde, Marvel just continously killed them and brought them back, or retconned this or retconned that only to try and re-energize things.

Yes, I realize this is the Hack/Slash thread. So why am I bringing this up here?

Because Tim has always said that Hack/Slash is a finite title and that he had an ending planned pretty early on. I also believe he said it would run for close to a hundred issues before the end. And as weird as it may sound since H/S is one of my favorite books, I'm hoping he sticks to his word because I don't want to see Hack/Slash get messy like a lot of Marvels books, or some of Image's (won't name names coughspawncough). Another thing I've noticed is that when comics go on too long, thats when they really start relying on alternate universes and resurrections and whatnot. It just in my opinion is a huge sign that says, "we've run out of fresh ideas".

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    Marvel just continously killed them and brought them back, or retconned this or retconned that only to try and re-energize things.
    You can do reimaginings and even retconning well, but it's not easy and it misfires a lot. In fact, maintaining a storyline without resorting to gimmicks and the illusion of change (rather than change itself) is the biggest creative challenge with long-running books or TV series. (I published an essay on this, specifically about the X-Men comics, a few years ago: "Infinite Mutation, Eternal Stasis.") Tim and I have talked about this subject as it pertains to Hack/Slash, and I think it's safe to say there's not a lot of danger of the book going to "illusion of change" route.

Because Tim has always said that Hack/Slash is a finite title and that he had an ending planned pretty early on. I also believe he said it would run for close to a hundred issues before the end. And as weird as it may sound since H/S is one of my favorite books, I'm hoping he sticks to his word because I don't want to see Hack/Slash get messy like a lot of Marvels books, or some of Image's (won't name names coughspawncough). Another thing I've noticed is that when comics go on too long, thats when they really start relying on alternate universes and resurrections and whatnot. It just in my opinion is a huge sign that says, "we've run out of fresh ideas".
    On the other hand, there are books like Savage Dragon nearing 200 issues and still going strong. Or the saga of Judge Dredd, going since 1977 and still strong. Both are titles where the characters age, people die permanently, and all that jazz. And still feel fresh.

Though sure it can be tough to keep an ongoing story excellent for 20+ years or whatever length, it is a bit different when an indie title attempts it compared to Marvel/DC. Especially much better when the writer stays on board. And personally, I'd welcome Hack/Slash going for at least another ten years.

Agreed it'd be nice to have at least 100 numbered issues, though personally I'd love it if this current volume itself hit 100 issues. Even that'd seem too soon, we'll hit that in 7 years.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 06-16-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    DROKK IT!!

Oh my the upcoming covers coupled with Tim's vagueness have me worried for Cassie and any potential returning characters. I'd hate to see people come back only to be killed off, (particularly Georgia as I do have a soft spot for her and had hoped her story with Cassie would continue at some point).

Anyone have any theories on this 'end but not ending'?

Theories?

Based on this..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HS_21_cov_inks-1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	96220

..the beginning of the end may be a Walking Dead type of thing and a few of the regulars may be biting it soon, such as Georgia, Chris, or Lisa.

If one counts the DDP ongoing like the should since the Image series just picked up where the DDP seires left off, we're going to be fifty issues into the series by the time #20 comes out, so I'd say that's the perfect time for something big to shake things up.
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 07-07-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Issue 17 is now out! Some spoilers to follow:

Really interested in where things are going to go with all this new info. On Vlad, this actually shows how good he really is. He has this bad blood in him but he's overcome that to be a really good guy. He didn't give in to the evil like the rest of his family but actually fights against that evil. He shows that he has a strong sense of goodness and what true family really is.

For Cassie, the black blood is almost certainly going to be temporary. But it raises big possibilities to be explored for her character. Is she going to give into this darkside? with you on Vlad and CassieWill she become what she hates the most? They are going to explore these character issues with her.

As for this issue I thought it was excellent. Justin has a really good grasp on the character and the art looked great as always. I liked getting some back story on Vlad and loved how he showed his loyalty to his real family and fought against the Beanes. Really enjoyed the Mari character this issue as well.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Theories?

Based on this..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HS_21_cov_inks-1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	96220

..the beginning of the end may be a Walking Dead type of thing and a few of the regulars may be biting it soon, such as Georgia, Chris, or Lisa.

If one counts the DDP ongoing like the should since the Image series just picked up where the DDP seires left off, we're going to be fifty issues into the series by the time #20 comes out, so I'd say that's the perfect time for something big to shake things up. I like Georgia but because I like her and because Cassie likes her, that would just make Sam killing her as dramatic as this..

http://youtu.be/I9CghMCnKx0?t=7m56s

Love or hate the film the above link is from, he nailed it with that scene and the score..
    Maybe the "hand" does kill Cassie, but she comes back shortly afterwards.
    I always felt that there were many lose end from the mini-series that started Hack/Slash before it was an on-going series.

I usually don't care for guest writers but Jordan did a damn good job, totally nailed the personalities and the dialogue between Cassie and Vlad on the last page was gold.

As for the "hand", I'm hoping Tim decides to have the hand destroy Cassie emotionally/mentally rather than just trying to kill her. They made a mistake by letting him into their circle, it allowed him to see their weaknesses and that should allow him to truly destroy them on every level. And by going that route, it'll have far more substance than just going straight for the kill.

I usually don't care for guest writers but Jordan did a damn good job, totally nailed the personalities and the dialogue between Cassie and Vlad on the last page was gold.

As for the "hand", I'm hoping Tim decides to have the hand destroy Cassie emotionally/mentally rather than just trying to kill her. They made a mistake by letting him into their circle, it allowed him to see their weaknesses and that should allow him to truly destroy them on every level. And by going that route, it'll have far more substance than just going straight for the kill.
    What do you mean by emotionally/mentally? The hand looks like "it" killed some of her friends. I would like to see Vlad kill the hand, and at the end of the day I would like to see Vlad and Cassie hookup.

What I mean is I'd rather see Sam kill all of her loved ones in order to break her emotionally/mentally, kind of like how Angel did the same thing to Buffy in season 2. Rather than killing her after he turned evil, he hurt and killed those closest to her to fuck with her mind. And no disrespect when it comes to the Vlad and Cassie hookup idea but eeew, I'm not really into the whole monster and chick relationship type of thing, it was kind of disturbing enough in Hellboy 2. If the cover with Georgia's face is just a tease, I see Cassie hooking up with her in the end. I think she only felt connected to Sam due to not having to fear she'd lose him because he is basically immortal, and I think she related to him because I do think she realizes she has an inner slasher. But deep down, I think she's far more into women, she proved that with Georgia and in the Evil Ernie crossover she was really into checking out the strippers.

But time will tell..
    Last edited by Anthony Devianza; 07-26-2012 at 04:44 PM.