Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winter Soldiers Swears Revenge in "Captain America" #28

Marvel Comics has provided CBR News with an advance look at "Captain America" #28, continuing the controversial "Death of a Dream" storyline.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10989

I wonder what would happen if Bucky found out it wasn't the sniper that killed Cap, but Sharon.
    Everyone has a price. Some are cheaper than others.

The solution to every problem you'll ever have: get over it.

Fire. Wang Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DaeJi View Post
    I wonder what would happen if Bucky found out it wasn't the sniper that killed Cap, but Sharon.
    Odds of 1425335- 1 against this not being discovered.

Did I mention?- AWESOME!
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Wow, the Cap title has two pencillers? I thought Epting penciled and Perkins inked....how the hell can a book have two pencillers without them stepping all over each other's styles?

Good preview though, I'm already buying Cap, and this preview just affirmed to me why.

Quote Originally Posted by beetheb View Post
    Wow, the Cap title has two pencillers? I thought Epting penciled and Perkins inked....how the hell can a book have two pencillers without them stepping all over each other's styles?

Good preview though, I'm already buying Cap, and this preview just affirmed to me why.
    Perkins and Epting have VERY similar styles, I believe it's done because Steve Epting isn't quite fast enough to do every issue totally by himself but he's still an awesome artist whose work they want in there and I totally agree with them- though perkins ROCKS too. But yeah, each different section is by a different artist.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

I don't want Bucky to kill Iron Man, since underneath all that prickness he's still a hero, but I DO want him to at least rough him up something good, at least a few months eating through a straw is good enough for me.
    Leader of the Sally Floyd Hatewagon, KILL THAT DRUNK BITCH!

Honestly, I want Bucky to fail and fail miserably. Because the moral of this story should be you do not honor Captain America by assassinating people who are at best tangentially connected to his death.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Honestly, I want Bucky to fail and fail miserably. Because the moral of this story should be you do not honor Captain America by assassinating people who are at best tangentially connected to his death.
    He hasn't assassinated anyone yet.

Don't judge the story till you've read it, SG.....

And I'm hoping he doesn't. You don't have to suceed for the moral of a story to be to not do something.

And I wasn't judging the story. The only thing I was being judgmental about was Bucky's poor life choice paths. But hey, he's a tragic character, he's supposed to do those things.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Shield of the True North CaptainCanada's Avatar

Can I just say: Tony bringing Professor X in to read Crossbones' mind, only to find that Faustus (I presume) had erased the necessary parts = a story element I thought would be totally cool, but that it wouldn't happen = awesome.

Normally, the more "real" books in the MU ignore the existence of characters like Professor X when their abilities would be inconvenient to the plot; in this case, we actually have an explanation for why it won't work.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson

I kind of wish they'd fast forward to through the Winter Soldier tries to kill Stark storyline. You know it's not going to happen, so we are going to get yet another rendition of how noble and self-sacrificing a martyr Tony is, and how dare anyone blame him for anything that happened.

Given it's Brubaker, I have a tiny hope that maybe we'll get Bucky deciding he doesn't want to be that person, rather than deciding Stark doesn't deserve it, but given the marching orders at Marvel I have no confidence in it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    Can I just say: Tony bringing Professor X in to read Crossbones' mind, only to find that Faustus (I presume) had erased the necessary parts = a story element I thought would be totally cool, but that it wouldn't happen = awesome.

Normally, the more "real" books in the MU ignore the existence of characters like Professor X when their abilities would be inconvenient to the plot; in this case, we actually have an explanation for why it won't work.
    Given SHIELD's own PSI-Division, I don't know that they'd actually need Xavier. But hey, shared universe fun!

-Expletive Deleted

Of the line of Krefayle Enigmanaut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Given SHIELD's own PSI-Division, I don't know that they'd actually need Xavier. But hey, shared universe fun!
    You want a mind read, you go with Psi Division... you want a mind pulled apart and it's deepest corners sifted... then you get Charles Xavier.

You have your telepaths, and then you have Xavier. One doesn't equal the other

lets not forget issue 8.
    brainwashed or not Bucky is responsible for the Philadelphia's explosion...
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmanaut View Post
    You want a mind read, you go with Psi Division... you want a mind pulled apart and it's deepest corners sifted... then you get Charles Xavier.

You have your telepaths, and then you have Xavier. One doesn't equal the other
    Damn right.
    Leader of the Sally Floyd Hatewagon, KILL THAT DRUNK BITCH!