View Poll Results: Mikl C vs. Tommy

Voters
5. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Mikl C

2 40.00%
  • Tommy

3 60.00%
    Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Default JLAvengers League: Mikl C vs. Tommy

Welcome to another match of the 2007 JLAvengers League! The League is a large-scale series of battles—a tournament—where posters draft teams and pit their teams against that of other posters, and you vote to decide who wins. When voting, please consider the strategies the players have written, rather than just the team's roster.

Each match takes place in a different locale from the Marvel or DC Universe. The teams begin 100 yards away from each other. Each character is depicted as they were in the JLA/Avengers mini series (with few exceptions), and the characters have to act in character (meaning that the heroes cannot kill if they aren't normally wont to do so)

If you have any questions about the strategies, please feel free to post these questions here, and the players will answer. The match will last twenty-four hours. After that time period, the player with the largest number of votes wins.

This match takes place on the SHIELD helicarrier. Mikl C is defending the Infinity Gems.

NOTE - For your vote to count, you must have a post count of no lower than fifty.

Tommy: Zatanna, Sersi, Darkseid, Spawn, Kang, Plastic Man, Mantis

Mikl C : Silver Banshee, Thor, Mongul, Shao Kahn, Firestar, Fire, Ultron
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Tommy's strategy:

First Darkseid will Omega Effect, not Ultron himself, but his molecular re arranger. The Omega Effect can pass through solid matter, energy, and is relentless. It will destroy the rearranger.

While he is doing this Zatanna will tell Silver Banshee “Teiuq,” thus preventing her death cry and teleportation powers.

Kang will deal with Mongul. Kang will start pulling out temporal copies of himself armed with all his nasty weapons. Each will of course have Kang’s nasty, nasty force field and will essentially dog pile him with as many Kangs as necessary until he goes down under an endless barrage of varied future weapons. He will of course also be pinned in-between all of the different Kang’s force fields.

Sersi will take on Thor. She will start a simultaneous psychic and energy assault on him. Her main goal is not to defeat him herself (Although if she can quickly she would be vary happy), but more to drive him to the ground where Darkseid can help her.

Mantis will be dealing with the now powerless Silver Banshee. Part of her powers are to sense the weak points in an opponent and she has even managed to knock out Thor. With out her wail and teleportation powers, Mantis will quickly be able to defeat her. (Let’s not forget Mantis is fairly strong and fast herself).

Plastic Man will be dealing with Firestar. He already faced down the Burning Martian, so her microwave powers shouldn’t be too effective. Or at least not as effective as a massive boxing glove to the face.

Once Thor is on the ground, Sersi will take a moment to turn Fire back into her human self, before returning to Thor. (She, of course having crazy transmutation and cosmic energy manipulation powers) Leaving Fire vulnerable to Plastic Man and Mantis.

Spawn will attack Shao Kahn. Both of them are super strong, consume souls, and use black magic. However Spawn has vary strong regenerative powers, teleportation, flight and occasionally turn into swarm of bats. He will strike at Shao Kahn and then turn into bats and move to the other side to hit him again.

When the army of Kangs finishes with Mongul they will sweep the field and help out against any opponents still standing.

Mikl C's strategy:

Thor calls a lightning bolt down on Zatanna.
    Fire and Firestar fly up and concentrate all their heat on plastic man. He melts.
    Sersi and Shao fight.
    Mongul vs Mantis.
    Ultron goes and stomps Kang
    Thor takes on Darkseid, using Storm and hammer. slamslam etc.
    Firestar microwaves Spawn's head and it explodes.
    Fire burns everyone still standing.
    Victory. huzzah.

This is bad comedy. Schornforce's Avatar

Aside from the obvious seeming difference in effort, I voted for Tommy because he provided some contingency planning, was specific, and used his team's powers in some interesting and effective ways.

Plus it seems that Mikl C. completely forgot Silver Banshee was on his team, as he has her do absolutely nothing. Plus what happens if one of his proposed matchups don't go as planned and the chosen opponent beats his matched team member? There's nothing to act as a backup should that happen. No countermoves, either.

Kinda disappointing.
    Last edited by Schornforce; 06-26-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Real disappointing stuff. Rags and I also voted for Tommy, as he was far more specific, creative and had back up plans.

I can't state how underwhelmed I am by Mikl C's seeming lack of effort. Part of the fun of these games is seeing how creatively we use these characters and their powers and/or exploit our opponent's weaknesses.

It's also fun to seenew and interesting uses of characters and I end up learning alot about characters I hardly ever read about. But that strat takes all of the fun out of it.

Tommy by a landslide.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

well this is awkward.....i voted for the wrong person........my mouse sucks:(
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    well this is awkward.....i voted for the wrong person........my mouse sucks:(
    PM Brian, He can fix the poll for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Smash! View Post
    Or we can all just safely assume you meant to vote for Tommy. :)

SEAN

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

for real?.......
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    for real?.......
    Yep. Special Mod powers.

MiI voted for Tommy because he put in some effort.

Real disappointing stuff. Rags and I also voted for Tommy, as he was far more specific, creative and had back up plans.

I can't state how underwhelmed I am by Mikl C's seeming lack of effort. Part of the fun of these games is seeing how creatively we use these characters and their powers and/or exploit our opponent's weaknesses.

It's also fun to seenew and interesting uses of characters and I end up learning alot about characters I hardly ever read about. But that strat takes all of the fun out of it.

Tommy by a landslide.

O god, get over it. I vote for Tommy. lol.