Page 79 of 124 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1847

Default hello all

Hello my name is Josh and i would just like to introduce myself, I love comics and am just here to make new friends, voice my opionions and have fun! Anyways ill be on here alot more because i was looking around and this seems like a really cool site so anyway hello all

Oh and can somebody tell me how to put a Signiture i couldnt figure it out haha

Default Introducing Pumpkin Bomb.

Hello all.

My favourite all-time series are Peter David's X-Factor, (Pak)/Van Lente's Incredible Hercules, Warren Ellis' (albeit brief) Thunderbolts, and (of course) Alan Moore's Watchmen. Curiously enough, my favourite writers are the above four.

My current ongoing series are Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers Academy, Booster Gold, X-Factor and (tentatively) Uncanny X-Force, but I keep tabs on goings-on with the X-men, Lantern Corps and most of Marvel's teen teams.

I like wit, well-constructed and character-driven plot, non-sensationalism and an elementary grasp of logic. I also have a tendency to over-analyze comics as modern mythology, and to engage in vicious debate.

So that's me.

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. Started reading comics in the early 70's. I guess Marvel is probably what I read mostly in those days. I got back into things for a bit in the late 80's when indys like fantagraphics sprung up, then did not buy anything for a while till a few years ago I started getting the reprint essentials and showcase editions. It is great that so much excellent stuff is being rereleased. My son just turned 10 and Spider Man is his favorite so I just started getting him some of the new ASM and I thought that I would check this place out and see what is good in comics these days. Take care, Will

Hey Guys, New to the forums. Im 18, Male and live in Australia. I have read a few various comics of the years, but have never bought any of my own. Was looking around last night and stumbled across this forum. Im looking for some suggestions as to what would be a good series to start reading/collecting as i have no previous comic experience other than the odd read online/iphone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm Sephy.

I'm a mix of DC and Marvel, I primarily like things that are just good. On the DC side of things I mainly just like Batman and Green Lantern, though Morrison is ruining Batman for me in my small pitiful opinion. Superman used to be good but DC has written him into a stupid corner were he's a Super Jesus figure who cant lose or anything and cant change his personality at all because it would compromise the character. After that DC has a bit of a dropoff in characters for my taste.

On the Marvel side I generally like their more relate-able characters. Was a huge Spider-Man fan until The Other storyline, and then especially when Quesada went and did that One More Day stupid bullcrap. X-Men were cool before Cyclops became Super Magneto. Wolverine and Deadpool are favorites of mine but they're over exposed in my opinion. Iron Man rocks, can't really go wrong there. I'm getting into Nova and all of the cosmic Marvel stuff lately too.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Hey everyone, I'm Nat.

Mainly a Marvel reader, but avid follower of Buffy, Angel, Spike comics too. Colossus and Kitty Pryde are my two favourites.

I've visited CBR millions of times but never got around to joining the forum. Now I have I'm certain I'll stick around. I only really joined today because I need help with a Business Plan I'm working on, for a Comic Book Cafe. If you could spare two minutes, that would be awesome.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2TK9B66

Looking forward to meeting new people, far too little comic book fans in my life.

hay my name is deb and im an alcoholic...wait sorry wrong room hehe
    dc/vertigo fan here but due to lack of funds i cant buy all that i want. which is why i love this forum so much. I can keep up by reading on here. its not the same its kinda like masturbation, its not as exciting but comes to the same end
    look forward to chatting with you and learning some new things
    To conquer others is to have power. To conquer yourself is to know the way. --Lao Ma

Quote Originally Posted by xaosthry View Post
    dc/vertigo fan here but due to lack of funds i cant buy all that i want. which is why i love this forum so much. I can keep up by reading on here. its not the same its kinda like masturbation, its not as exciting but comes to the same end
    About comics or masturbation? Either way you're probably in the right place.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Welcome every new member I didn't quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat_girl View Post
    Hello i am new :)

You can call me Emily
    I'm 21
    I am more into the DC universe than anything else,
    especially Batman.

I have always loved Comic books without a place to discuss them :(
    Hey Emily, nice to know
    I wanted a place to discuss comics a long time ago as well, glad I found this site

Quote Originally Posted by beast_of_the_east View Post
    Hello my name is Josh and i would just like to introduce myself, I love comics and am just here to make new friends, voice my opionions and have fun! Anyways ill be on here alot more because i was looking around and this seems like a really cool site so anyway hello all

Oh and can somebody tell me how to put a Signiture i couldnt figure it out haha
    Hey Josh
    Signature go to User CP, then press on edit signature

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin Bomb View Post
    Hello all.

My favourite all-time series are Peter David's X-Factor, (Pak)/Van Lente's Incredible Hercules, Warren Ellis' (albeit brief) Thunderbolts, and (of course) Alan Moore's Watchmen. Curiously enough, my favourite writers are the above four.

My current ongoing series are Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers Academy, Booster Gold, X-Factor and (tentatively) Uncanny X-Force, but I keep tabs on goings-on with the X-men, Lantern Corps and most of Marvel's teen teams.

I like wit, well-constructed and character-driven plot, non-sensationalism and an elementary grasp of logic. I also have a tendency to over-analyze comics as modern mythology, and to engage in vicious debate.

So that's me.
    Hey man, we already met and greeted, but welcome

Quote Originally Posted by willc68 View Post
    Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. Started reading comics in the early 70's. I guess Marvel is probably what I read mostly in those days. I got back into things for a bit in the late 80's when indys like fantagraphics sprung up, then did not buy anything for a while till a few years ago I started getting the reprint essentials and showcase editions. It is great that so much excellent stuff is being released. My son just turned 10 and Spider Man is his favorite so I just started getting him some of the new ASM and I thought that I would check this place out and see what is good in comics these days. Take care, Will
    Hey friend

Quote Originally Posted by kleggy View Post
    Hey Guys, New to the forums. Im 18, Male and live in Australia. I have read a few various comics of the years, but have never bought any of my own. Was looking around last night and stumbled across this forum. Im looking for some suggestions as to what would be a good series to start reading/collecting as i have no previous comic experience other than the odd read online/iphone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks
    Welcome
    I'll try
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Sephy.

I'm a mix of DC and Marvel, I primarily like things that are just good. On the DC side of things I mainly just like Batman and Green Lantern, though Morrison is ruining Batman for me in my small pitiful opinion. Superman used to be good but DC has written him into a stupid corner were he's a Super Jesus figure who cant lose or anything and cant change his personality at all because it would compromise the character. After that DC has a bit of a dropoff in characters for my taste.

On the Marvel side I generally like their more relate-able characters. Was a huge Spider-Man fan until The Other storyline, and then especially when Quesada went and did that One More Day stupid bullcrap. X-Men were cool before Cyclops became Super Magneto. Wolverine and Deadpool are favorites of mine but they're over exposed in my opinion. Iron Man rocks, can't really go wrong there. I'm getting into Nova and all of the cosmic Marvel stuff lately too.
    I used to feel the same about Morrison's Batman

Quote Originally Posted by natlfc3 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm Nat.

Mainly a Marvel reader, but avid follower of Buffy, Angel, Spike comics too. Colossus and Kitty Pryde are my two favourites.

I've visited CBR millions of times but never got around to joining the forum. Now I have I'm certain I'll stick around.

Looking forward to meeting new people, far too little comic book fans in my life.
    Nice to know
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by xaosthry View Post
    Welcome Deb, I hope you can get over your problems
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Hi everybody

I'm Michael, I'm 22 and live in the UK. Long time browser on the CBR forums, and thought it was about time I joined up.

Been in to comics for about 4 years now, before that it was just occasional trades, now it's a pull list I can barely afford haha.

Hopes to be seeing some of you around!

Wink Hi all

Hello all,

My name's Adam, 27 and from the UK.

Phew, boring bit over! Lol. Anyways, I've loved comics since I was little but only recently started to seriously get back into them ( to the extent I'm looking to set up a comic book online retail shop, I've posted separately about it though).

My favourites are from the DC Universe mainly - Superman and Batman and the Flash I like but I do really like Wolverine and the X-men but I'm trying to get into Thor too. I think Lex Luthor in some ways is much more interesting than Superman, very complex character.

Thanks for your time, speak soon!

Adam. :-)

Hello everybody, I'm Josh.
    I live in California.
    I don't speak Esperanto.

Hi, my name is Ron, I'm 24, live on the east coast.

I'm new to CBR, and I'm also completely new to comics in general.

Some of the stuff I have under my belt so far is V for Vendetta, I've watched the Watchmen motion comics, and I'm in the middle of the Walking Dead right now. Oh I've also read the probably lesser-known "Night Fisher" by R. Kikuo Johnson.

Anyways, I'm here because I'd like to learn more about comics, get some suggestions etc.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here!

Hello to all of you fresh berries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolverineTaco View Post
    Hello everybody, I'm Josh.
    I live in California.
    I don't speak Esperanto.
    None? Isn't California full of Mexicans?
    You have a funny name, I really like it, Deadpool loves it
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mike I'm 25 from Aus, I have only just recently got into seriously comics about 3 months ago and I'm really loving it. .

At the moment I'm reading a few Batmans, Beyond, Incorprated and normal, The Green Lantern trades, The Flash, Preacher (probably my favourite at the moment), The Wolverines (and Daken) as well as catching up on Origins and Dark Wolverine, Thor First Thunder and The Green Hornet.

I'm about to dive into Captian America, The Green Arrow and Punisher Max.

Looking forward to talking with you all and getting some reading suggestions