Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Default africanized killer bees vs. japanese giant hornets

the top two swarming insects go head to head. the battle field will be a standard bee hive. the killer bees will of average size for a normal hive. the hornets will number between 30 and 40 hornets. the match will end when either bee defend their hive or the hornets totally annilate the hive.

who wins?
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the top two swarming insects go head to head. the battle field will be a standard bee hive. the killer bees will of average size for a normal hive. the hornets will number between 30 and 40 hornets. the match will end when either bee defend their hive or the hornets totally annilate the hive.

who wins?
    methinks the killer bees take it alot more vicious..how big and terrible are the monster hornets?

It can be like this.

1/10 for the AK bess.

Or

9/10 for the AK bees.

Check out bees vs. hornets (Japanese) on youtube for reference.

Basically there's probably one species of bee that could survive the onslaught by warming the temperature of their hives so much that the J hornets are actually cooked. That's if AF bees are those kind of bees.

On the other hand, the rest of the bee species that LACK that sort of ability and would LOSE bad.

The J hornets are what you could say are the equivilant of 4 silverbacks to 15 average men. And that's just in comparison to J hornets few numbers in contrast to those of hundreds if not thousands of bees.

the hornets are at least twice the size of europian honey bees.

a group of 30 hornets can utter decimate a hive of 30,000 honey bees in under 30 minutes.

a group of 30 hornets can utter decimate a hive of 30,000 honey bees in under 30 minutes.
    but we arent talking about eroupean honey bee;s

this a species known to be very lethal

exactly why i posted this fight.

exactly why i posted this fight.
    the killer bees i think have a better record of kills

Gone

30 VS 30,000?
    This is Sparta! :D

Depends on the size of killer bees. The Japanese hornets have never gone against a foe as vicious as killer bees. Other bee species will sting you one or twice depending on the number of bees in the area. Killer bees attack as one pretty much however. That is where the danger to humans come from. A killer bee sting is probably no worse than any other. But you don't get stung once by the killer bees. I think the hornets take this, and it'll probably be for the best. Unless the hornets are also human killers, in which case who cares?
    Now if they came across that mysterious scorpion looking beetle I saw outside I know where I'd put my money (I think they're some kind of mutant caused by this damnable draught, I mean what the hell was it? Hope there's only one of them...).
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

the hornets do kill humans in japan. they are a serious problem for japan. i remember one story of a guy who stumbled upon their nest. the hornet's vemon was so strong, his face was literally melted off.

and when a bee stings you, it loses it's stinger and dies soon after. the hornet can sting you as many times as they want.

the hornets do kill humans in japan. they are a serious problem for japan. i remember one story of a guy who stumbled upon their nest. the hornet's vemon was so strong, his face was literally melted off.
    Ouch. You think a little insect could actually do that to you. But then again there are scorpions and spiders. I'm kindof having a hard time picturing two bees fighting each other. I mean I could picture them flying around looking at each other and probably just play the Knight's game. (Whatever you call it)
    My Yu-Gi-Oh! card
    My magic card
    Magic The Gathering: Evil Ryu

Fear me.
    And my serpent.

The Seven Sins of Star Wars

1: Yoda can beat God
    2: Blaster pistols can blow up planets
    3: Lighsabers are as hot as the sun
    4: Luke Skywalker can move black holes
    5: Star Destroyers can blow up planets
    6: Darth Sidious rips Superman's head off
    7: General Grevious has Force TK

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is not canon to anything. Nor is the new Clone Wars movie.

and when a bee stings you, it loses it's stinger and dies soon after. the hornet can sting you as many times as they want.
    They will have a bunch of bees stinging them. How do they fare against having a stinger or two in them that nature didn't put there?
    I'm still fairly certain the hornets win, but killer bees are the toughest.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

like i said before, that's why i posted this fight. both of these insects are incredably aggressive and have been known to kill humans.

also remember that hornets dont sting their prey. most times they use their jaws to decapitate prey. hell, i've seen one of those bad boys kill a praying mantis by chopping it's head off.

Gone

Yeah, when those beasts atack hives they use their jaws, not their stings.
    i´ve seen an aftermath footage where the battlefield was literaly filled with corpses of bees that had been cut in half by the hornets jaws.

Chew 10,000 bees in half before breakfast..... life´s hard in the insect world. :p

The Internet has spoken! Huey Freeman's Avatar

Bees for the win. Japanese hornets kill European bees because they've evolved to attack one-at-a-time to try to deter their aggressors, a piss poor strategy against the hornets. Killer Bees relentlessly swarm and kill aggressors. First, Africanized bees keep a much wider area of defence than European bees. They'll know the hornets are coming and be on top of them in a heartbeat, and they won't let up. An average African colony has 20,000 bees, that's 500 bees for every one hornet, and again, these are masters of group tactics. The hornets may shake off a sting or two from the European bees, but they aren't flying away from 100+ bees dogpiling them and all stinging.