Default Countdown: The Search for Ray Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by Newsarama
    Wayne talked about Countdown; The Search for Ray Palmer, although there was no accompanying slide. Ron Marz, the writer of the project, said Art Adams is doing the cover and that "the tour of the new DC Multi-verse begins here," and hinted that it'll have some sort of intersection with the Wildstorm Universe. Donna Troy, Jason Todd, and Kyle Rayner - accompanied by a Monitor - are the stars. Six issues. Marz said he was happy about writing Kyle Rayner again.
    This is a bit of a surprise, since Ron hasn't written much for DC lately (other than the Ion maxi-series). But I am definitely intrigued. Anything else you can tell your fans here, Ron? Hmm?
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Yeah, Ron, what's the deal? 'Cuz I'm friggin' LOST trying to figure out COUNTDOWN, and any helpful hints you might have -- or ideas I could steal -- would be much appreciated.
    Visit the RETRO ROCKET homepage!
    http://www.jasonorfalas.com/retrorocket.htm

oops. i just added to you post total. And you know I'm trying to beat your post count, right?
    Visit the RETRO ROCKET homepage!
    http://www.jasonorfalas.com/retrorocket.htm

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

Seeing as how the Wildstorm characters have been known to act on a tad more pristine level than your average DCU guy, were you asked to keep the tone lighter than usual for their characters?

And I know you won't anser this, but Ion fans are goiing to be mad after June? That hurts. Really.
    Last edited by DWEarhart; 06-17-2007 at 10:31 AM.
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    This is a bit of a surprise, since Ron hasn't written much for DC lately (other than the Ion maxi-series). But I am definitely intrigued. Anything else you can tell your fans here, Ron? Hmm?
    I can tell you the art looks really great. Probably not what you were thinking of, though.

Truthfully, I think the less I say, the better. This is one of the reasons I truly wish solicitations didn't get into the hands of fans so early. Anything I say could be a spoiler, or completely misinterpreted, so I'll just keep mum on this one, except to say that I think the whole storyline is gonna be pretty interesting, with some long-lasting ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bedard View Post
    Yeah, Ron, what's the deal? 'Cuz I'm friggin' LOST trying to figure out COUNTDOWN, and any helpful hints you might have -- or ideas I could steal -- would be much appreciated.

Aww, jeez, I gotta hold your hand some more, Bedard?!

I was gonna come to YOU for the skinny on Countdown. Can't you help a brother out?

And you've already beaten my most count. Unless I get to add my posts from ComicBloc. Then you're still eatin' my dust!

Quote Originally Posted by DWEarhart View Post
    Seeing as how the Wildstorm characters have been known to act on a tad more pristine level than your average DCU guy, were you asked to keep the tone lighter than usual for their characters?

And I know you won't anser this, but Ion fans are goiing to be mad after June? That hurts. Really.
    You're right, I'm not going to answer that.

As for the WS characters, nope, no lighter tone. If anything, just the opposite.

Ron, any chance you can make a deal with Tony where you explain Countdown to him and he can explain how Supergirl is in both the current time and 31st Century too?:)

Of course I'm used to confusing, as my first LSH issue was when they blew the Earth up and I was like "Man, they can do that?"

James