View Poll Results: Is Eric Larson Doing A Good Job?

Voters
56. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

45 80.36%
  • No

5 8.93%
  • So-So

3 5.36%
  • Don't Care

3 5.36%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    New Member Cat-Scratched-Victim's Avatar

Default Is Eric Larson Doing A Good Job?

Is Eric Larson Doing A Good Job?

Thanks For Participating!
    Last edited by Cat-Scratched-Victim; 06-15-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Wanted to be polite

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

He's got an easier load to bare than Fat Joe Q and Didio. Well, slightly easier.

He's making sure that Image puts out quality books month after month for both the superhero crowd, and those that want other things.

No continuity crap to deal with. He still gets to do Savage Dragon, and with the help of the rest of the staff, Image, imo, is one of the best publishers around right now. They take chances, deliver new voices, or familiar voices with different stories to tell; the kind that they couldn't do for either of the big two.

I'll give glory to Larsen, not all of it, but a good amount.
    Last edited by DWEarhart; 06-15-2007 at 06:59 PM.
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

Image Central has produced a slew of great comics in the last couple years. There is alot fewer unfinished storylines under his reign and the quality level of projects in general is pretty high. Jim Valentino's Shadowline is pushing the creativity and quality of Image Comics as well.

Last edited by cinar; 06-17-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-Scratched-Victim View Post
    Is Eric Larson Doing A Good Job?
    Who is Eric Larson?
    Did you mean ERIK LARSEN?

New Member Cat-Scratched-Victim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinar View Post
    Who is Eric Larson?
    Did you mean ERIK LARSEN?
    Sigh, yes I did. Again, my bad, apologies to Mr. Larson and all those whom couldn't make the leap past my mistake.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-Scratched-Victim View Post
    Sigh, yes I did. Again, my bad, apologies to Mr. Larson and all those whom couldn't make the leap past my mistake.
    Man you could have at least spelled it right in your apology.

And yes he's doing a good job.

He's doing a fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by DWEarhart View Post
    He's got an easier load to bare than Joe Q and Didio. Well, slightly easier.
    WHAT?!? WhatwhatwhatwhatWHATwhatWOT?!

You think it's easier to run a company that loosely ties together a whole bunch of super talented creators who own and self finance the fruit of their imaginations than it is to manage creators who are paid increasingly large sums to work on other people's creations??!!?

Um, I don't think so.

Rich!

Please continue, and not to sound like a dick, but you can take it easy on the drama. I'm an adult, you can talk to me like one if you wish. I'm actually on your side of things.

I enjoy your work, and I appreciate what all of you do, but not all of us that read comics explode at the sight of their favorite characters head being misshapen on page whatever.
    Last edited by DWEarhart; 06-19-2007 at 06:33 PM.

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

Please continue, and not to sound like a dick, but you can take it easy on the drama. I'm an adult, you can talk to me like one if you wish. I'm actually on your side of things.
    Where was the drama? Is responding to a post with an opposing viewpoint drama? Seems perfectly fine and interesting to me. If anyone was creating drama, it was you -- was it necessary to slam Joe in your response? Don't think so -- and have you seen him lately? Guy's lost a lot of weight and looks great. Good on him.

As to the question, yes, I think ERIK LARSEN is doing a good job. In fact, I think the current Image is my favorite company right now. "The Walking Dead," "Fell," "Invincible," "Atomic Comics," "Phonogram," etc. Too much good stuff.
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

I don't mind the opposing view point, not at all

WHAT?!? WhatwhatwhatwhatWHATwhatWOT?!
    but that,
    You think it's easier to run a company that loosely ties together a whole bunch of super talented creators who own and self finance the fruit of their imaginations than it is to manage creators who are paid increasingly large sums to work on other people's creations??!!?

Um, I don't think so.
    , and all that? When I see all that, to me, it's overly excessive. I made a simple assumption based on what I have seen from Erik Larsen's output as a publisher, and creator. If anyone has taken offense, I apologize, but since he seems to know more than I do, and I'm just a lowly fan, please enlighten me on the subject.

And if you want to tell Joe, please do. I'm sure he'll take it up with me at the next meeting. But make sure you also tell him about the thousands of others that do it every single day as well, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it, and doesn't care one way or another because he's got more important things to worry about than what Jack Schmack from who gives a crap, wherever said about his weight.
    Last edited by DWEarhart; 06-20-2007 at 03:20 AM.

I don't mind the opposing view point, not at all

but that, , and all that? When I see all that, to me, it's overly excessive. I made a simple assumption based on what I have seen from Erik Larsen's output as a publisher, and creator. If anyone has taken offense, I apologize, but since he seems to know more than I do, and I'm just a lowly fan, please enlighten me on the subject.

And if you want to tell Joe, please do. I'm sure he'll take it up with me at the next meeting. But make sure you also tell him about the thousands of others that do it every single day as well, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it, and doesn't care one way or another because he's got more important things to worry about than what Jack Schmack from who gives a crap, wherever said about his weight.
    Wow, dude, two-words: lighten-up. The guy barely said anything and you're ripping his head off...
    Last edited by Brad Barton; 06-20-2007 at 03:26 AM.

You didn't say if Erik Larsen was doing a good job or not.

You didn't say if Erik Larsen was doing a good job or not.
    Yes I did, I voted.