Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default CBR NEWS: WW Philly: "Amazing Spider-Man" Goes (Almost) Weekly, Wacker Explains

A number of Spider-Man titles may be ending come fall, but "Amazing Spider-Man" picks up the slack by increasing its publication frequency to three times monthly. We spoke with Editor Stephen Wacker about the change.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10874
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Given that I was dropping FNSM after Peter David's last issue, the cancellation doesn't really upset me.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'm totally LOVING these "classic" covers!

I suspected this would happen.

And I couldn't be any happier that I'm a SpiderMan fan and reader.

Those classic covers are icing on the cake.

It would still be like getting SSM, ASM, and FNSM because there's going to be a Spidey comic 3 out of the 4 weeks but we won't have trouble with Newcomers asking which spiderman title is better or which on they should choose.

Good move Marvel! :)

Can't wait for One More Day!

My dream team:

Writers: Millar, Kirkman, PAD (again), and Slott.

Drawing Crew: Bagely, Hester, Finch, Garner, Quesada, McNiven, JRJR

Man, today keeps on getting better and better. . . . :D
    Amazing Spider-Man, Future Foundation, Captain America, The Invincible Iron Man, The Mighty Thor, The New Avengers, The Avengers, Batman Inc., Detective Comics, Green Lantern

I love you Joss. Yes homo We R. Venom's Avatar

Wow, i'm amazed! Sorry I had to. Honestly this is a great idea. Sad to see th others go. My brother bought FNS but its all good im sure!
    Biru-no tanima-no kurayami-ni, Supaida-man!
    Havok was right.

Wow.

BIG creative decision, VERY bold news.

As for how I like it... we'll soon see!
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Making up the numbers NickThompson's Avatar

So basically, it's buy 3 titles or 0? Looks like it will have to be 0 for me then. I want to read a Spidey book, but I can't afford to do three.

Stracynski has produced some of the worst Spider-man stories I've ever had the misfortune to read.

Spider-man being beaten to death not by Doc Ock or Electro but a generic guy in the trench coat was just lame. being eaten by spiders and coming back to life in a cocoon is just sickening. I can't see a future for Spider-man at all after all that's been going on.

Quote Originally Posted by xarathos View Post
    Stracynski has produced some of the worst Spider-man stories I've ever had the misfortune to read.

Spider-man being beaten to death not by Doc Ock or Electro but a generic guy in the trench coat was just lame. being eaten by spiders and coming back to life in a cocoon is just sickening. I can't see a future for Spider-man at all after all that's been going on.
    Just out of curiousity, have you read JMS's War at Home and Black in Back yet?

They're quite good and for me they have made up for JMS's . . .unpopular past decisions.:)
    Amazing Spider-Man, Future Foundation, Captain America, The Invincible Iron Man, The Mighty Thor, The New Avengers, The Avengers, Batman Inc., Detective Comics, Green Lantern

I'm actually pretty happy about this announcement. It'll also be cool to finally find out who the creative teams will be.

Dan Slott? Phil Jimenez? And was that a Steve McNiven image in one of the articles?

Man, that much pressure can sure get on somebody nerves. :D

http://www.newsarama.com/heroes_phil...nemoreday.html

After reading this, I think MJ and May are both gone. Spider-man will still be unmasked. I think Flash, Betty and Robbie will be a big part of the cast maybe Robbie starts his own paper and gives Betty a job.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by NickThompson View Post
    So basically, it's buy 3 titles or 0? Looks like it will have to be 0 for me then. I want to read a Spidey book, but I can't afford to do three.
    Yea, not sure if thats a good idea. I remember when the 3 Superman titles where all basically one book written by different people. I hated it, and it made it so I had no Superman books at all on my pull list.

I will be on board for this because, well, I already get all 3 books anyways. But I prefer to be able to choose how many Spidey titles I will be getting, not be forced into an all or none option.

Best news I've heard in years!Can't wait for the new teams to be announced.
    BTW,I love the OMD covers.

Back in Black...again Pheonix-NoRelation's Avatar

I'm dissapointed. Three Amazing Spider-Man's a month wil mean my recently renewed subscription will be over again in just a couple of months. Secondly, I like the aproach of the classic covers but I feel as though they could have been done better. And third, I'm going to miss Friendly Neighborhood SM and Sensational SM.