Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    Well, I would rather see Sam with someone interesting like Sarah, instead of that boring ho Lila.:p
    awww....poor lila. You must admit that inspite of bein a lil boring, that girl has some style. Poor marrow's been wearing the same green leotard for years :p
    Facebook!- http://www.facebook.com/wesley.ryan.754
    5 Fave Comics: Avengers, X-Factor, G I Joe, Uncanny Avengers, Young Avengers
    5 Fave Peeps: Cannonball, Dazzler, Living Lightning, Rictor, Arachne

Are they the ones who wrote Psylocke in the Psi-War ? Cause if they did that's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by The M.E. View Post
    Awww...a buffy reference, i knew i liked you :). I LOVED anya and xander, and i totally could see that under seagle's run. with Sam now though, it feels like he and marrow would be more of a Ryan and Marissa (tell me you watch the oc too and ill love you forever :) )
    Marrow is not a skinny attention seeking overly dramatic whiner!!!
    And Sam isn't a 46 year old pretending to be a teenager!!
    lol.
    I do love the oc though

SEASON ONE ONLY

top reason: ORIGINALS REUNITED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikl C View Post
    Marrow is not a skinny attention seeking overly dramatic whiner!!!
    And Sam isn't a 46 year old pretending to be a teenager!!
    lol.
    I do love the oc though

SEASON ONE ONLY
    well sam HAS been around for 25 years :). lol....you're too funny. but you should check out season 4 too, its the only one that comes close to the first. its really funny :).

awww....poor lila. You must admit that inspite of bein a lil boring, that girl has some style. Poor marrow's been wearing the same green leotard for years :p
    That's true. Me thinks she needs to get out of those sewer clothes.

Season 1 of the OC was gold! Then it went downhill. Anna should have stayed on as a regular.:(

That's true. Me thinks she needs to get out of those sewer clothes.

Season 1 of the OC was gold! Then it went downhill. Anna should have stayed on as a regular.:(
    Not to keep making OC references, but maybe Lila (summer) could team up with Marrow (anna), to trade fashion and smarts secrets to get over Sam (seth), like they did on the OC. That way Sam (seth) could realize he's a sexy homo-gay, and hook up with Bobby (ryan), and all is right in my comic and television worlds. God that was confusing ;) - sorry for turning your seagle love thread into a homoerotic OC novel :(, ill get back on topic now :). yay maggott!

well sam HAS been around for 25 years :). lol....you're too funny. but you should check out season 4 too, its the only one that comes close to the first. its really funny :).
    Oh dude I know. I stuck through it during the bad times (johnny :o ).

Lolz Marrow did get a new costume when she got pretty boned! She had a PINK leotard! To match her.. hair.. and skintone!

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

They made me like Gambit more than most writers have. Plus, Seagle's story about the "cure" for mutancy was more interesting to me in one issue than 6 issues of "Gifted." Great Rogue story.

On the other hand, they turned Mimic into an idiot in the Search for Xavier. Seriously? You can't remember you have wings that enable you to fly? :rolleyes:

Still, mostly very good. Especially the cute Marrow/Sam flirtation. Wouldn't have lasted in the long run (he's Rahne's), but definitely fun in that obsessive stalker kind of way.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

I liked how the toad was all "hoppity hop, the bouncing toad goes over the top. bop bop!"
    LOL!

Pwnd by the ninja thong jcp011c's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CmX View Post
    Are they the ones who wrote Psylocke in the Psi-War ? Cause if they did that's hot.
    Yup. Yet another reason to love a totally awesome run.

I absolutely think this was one of the most underrated runs of....well....ever. Glad to see there's a lot of love for it.
    Pull list: Defenders, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Astonishing X-Men, X-Men, Cable & X-Force, Wolverine & The X-men, X-Factor, Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Dark Avengers

i really loved this run too. i wish we'd have found out what was up with those crows.
    The D - Legion
    Vincente - Mondo -Risque - Scaleface - Kid Omega - Skids - The Neophyte - Flex

X-Poster of the Year 2008
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
    i really loved this run too. i wish we'd have found out what was up with those crows.
    god i forgot all about the crows! maybe wanda took all the essences of the mutant powers she removed and sent them back in time to the alaskan crows. maybe jean'll come back, remember the crows, and release the powers. maybe.....not.

awww...you make me blush :). Ive been lame and havent posted in a while, but i try to check in and see what ya'll are up to even if i can't think of anything worth contributing :). So you've totally brought back all my x-men 70 memories and hopes that were dashed. That was easily one of my top 5 x-men issues of all time.....living in a technology-less mansion...beast and cecilia love....storm and marrow tension.....wolverine and marrow tension.....sam and marrow tension, and so forth....
    Well...stop being lame and post more. :D

I loved the technology-less mansion! I don't know if its just me, but I love seeing the X-Men take time to eat breakfast together and have witty banter or go to the beach or something. And if someone's hurt or injured (ie Cyclops and the bomb in his stomach! lol), they had to rely on each other and even their own powers to get supplies, operate, and recuperate (and Iceman had AC duties!!!) and not be magically saved by the futuristic Shi'ar technology, expensive equipment, and bundles of Ben Franklins to solve all their problems. It helped make the team seem more on the edge and down and out without having to kill a D-Lister to prove it.

Italicize that tension baby, because it was definitely hot!

Ahh, why do you have to tempt me Faded. Now I'm gonna wanna go back and read my Kelly/Seagle issues.

Oh, and I loved that issue Daredevil appeared in. One of the best Cecilia centered issues evar!
    You'll love me for it!

I really liked that Cecilia issue too. It was really different in tone; it was almost like watching a tv docu-drama or something, and then you see Pyro and Daredevil in the window! I love how real the issue made of mutants rights and how hard it must be to receive treatment, especially under Pyro's circumstances where his powers were out of control from the Legacy Virus.

I think these are my most re-read issues of x-men ever. Seriously, I've done the classics about 5 times each but I literally have read this run over 20 times and each time it just gets better.
    Pacheco is my god, the cast was perfect, and they mixed downtime, action and plot/character development PERFECTLY/ No-one since has even come close.
    Me too! I usually don't re-read issues unless something relevant in current comics comes up or we have a month dedicated to something I can't recall fully.

I think I like Kelly's run more now than when I first read it. I seriously can't get tired of it. But I don't want to sing its praises too much and get anyone thinking it was overrated because I really don't think its gotten enough exposure yet to be labeled as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombienorthstar View Post
    The downtime issue where Scott and Jean are getting ready to leave and the Newer X-Men are having breakfast/getting coffee in town is THE BEST.

Great lineup, a mix of veterans and newbies:

Beast, Storm, Wolverine, Cannonball, Cecilia Reyes, Maggott, Marrow.

I loved having a bunch of new guys demonstrate how Sam wasnt a rookie and there were some great dynamics

Beast+ Cecilia (Romantic)
    Storm+ Wolverine (Old Friends)
    Cannonball +Marrow (Unrequited crush)
    Maggot+ Wolverine (Mentor/Respect)
    Wolverine+ Marrow (Logan reflecting on how much he used to be like Marrow)
    Storm + Marrow (Guilt, Parental, Abandonment issues, resentment)
    Cecelia+ Maggot (flirting)
    Cecilia+ Wolverine (spikey friendship)
    Maggott was flirting with everybody's ass! I definitely loved how quickly relationships formed; it very quickly became a family--and that's something writers can't accomplish after dozen's of issues with characters who have known each other for decades.

I liked how a lot of old-time friends had conflict during this time of bonding as well. The cast was pretty small, but there definitely seemed like there were factions within the group. I love how the team was adventurous yet seemed to be so driven by character interactions.

You know, I wouldn't have minded seeing that Cannonball/Marrow thing go somewhere. I think Sam would have been able to bring out Sarah's inner beauty.
    Yeah, one of the times I wouldn't have been opposed to a comicbook couple! I think the crush sufficed though; it was cute for what it was. I really liked how her face lit up; you could really see the child beneath her exterior when she was with him.

LOL
    Storm really showed that bucket of water!
    LOLOLOL
    LMAO! I really liked Storm's dialogue, totally should've cropped out the bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Still, mostly very good. Especially the cute Marrow/Sam flirtation. Wouldn't have lasted in the long run (he's Rahne's), but definitely fun in that obsessive stalker kind of way.

-D
    Awww...only Marrow can make psychotic stalker tendencies cute.

I liked how the toad was all "hoppity hop, the bouncing toad goes over the top. bop bop!"
    LOL!
    LOL! STFU you make me PEE~!
    Last edited by Faded; 06-05-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
    One night when they were really, really drunk, Scott, Warren, Hank and Bobby stumbled out of Harry's Hideaway and bumped into a guy named Eric Draven. Words were exchanged, followed by optic blasts, and....

...well, anyway, that's what was up with the crows.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell