Page 6 of 550 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

I think it's dull when they control their powers. They need a penalty and limitations to make it cool.

Her powers would still hurt people, and the psyche would still be trapped in her head; those are limitations to her powers. She's not going to go around absorbing people willy-nilly. I think she should control her powers because not every writer writes her like Carey does. It's boring when she always whines about not being able to touch.

On a side-note, from interviews, I get the feeling that Fraction likes Rogue. When they said Rogue would meet the X-men again, do you think it will be in Uncanny or Legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Her powers would still hurt people, and the psyche would still be trapped in her head; those are limitations to her powers. She's not going to go around absorbing people willy-nilly. I think she should control her powers because not every writer writes her like Carey does. It's boring when she always whines about not being able to touch.
    I wonder if her being able to see Mystique and talk to her like she's actually standing there in front of her is a new aspect of her power or is she going a bit crazy? If she continues to be able to converse with folks she's absorbed in the future like this, people are going to start looking at her rather strangely!

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    On a side-note, from interviews, I get the feeling that Fraction likes Rogue. When they said Rogue would meet the X-men again, do you think it will be in Uncanny or Legacy?
    I'm hoping it will be a crossover between the two titles!
    If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning!

For my obsession: Rebel Rogue - for all the latest Rogue news and updates!

If Rogue comes to San Francisco, I hope she gets a room with Boom Boom.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by soulkiller View Post
    I wonder if her being able to see Mystique and talk to her like she's actually standing there in front of her is a new aspect of her power or is she going a bit crazy? If she continues to be able to converse with folks she's absorbed in the future like this, people are going to start looking at her rather strangely!
    This sort of thing is nothing new! The first time I remember it happening was way back in UXM#236.She also "talked" to the psychices in her head in X-Treme X-Men:Savage Land.

Yes, that's true she was able to talk to the pysches in her head - she has done that before but she was 'withdrawn' and speaking within her own mindscape. This time with Mystique, it's like she's conversing with a flesh and blood person standing there in front of her. That's certainly different.
    If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning!

For my obsession: Rebel Rogue - for all the latest Rogue news and updates!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by soulkiller View Post
    Yes, that's true she was able to talk to the pysches in her head - she has done that before but she was 'withdrawn' and speaking within her own mindscape. This time with Mystique, it's like she's conversing with a flesh and blood person standing there in front of her. That's certainly different.
    People thinking Rogue is Tuti-Fruity is nothing new! Dear Kitty back in UXM#171 stated: "I can't just stand around waiting,Orono. It'll drive me as nutso as Rogue!" (Out of the mouths of babes...)

Rogue should absorb someone. She rocked Sunfire's powers.

Cricket, Pants and Tea. .LuckyStar.'s Avatar

Legacy 220 <3

That is amazing. I can't wait to see it in color. I wish they could release this arc weekly.

my, this is beautiful
    less flashbacks, more action though!

yo-ho-yo-ho pirate song
    Did you know there is actually a place off the coast called the McDonald's Islands??

the lines they gave her in TAS always made her to be such a skank in the past ha ha. everything she says is about men. but she was so strong and awesome in the TAS. her voice was perfect. all the voices on that show matched the characters. Is there an XMen TAS appreciation thread?

Veteran Member

I still want know why Rogue wasn't invited to Storm's wedding.( I hope the next time Rogue see's Ororo she asks her that! )

Fool for Lesser Things Shaid O Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I still want know why Rogue wasn't invited to Storm's wedding.( I hope the next time Rogue see's Ororo she asks her that! )
    Finally someone says it. What was up with that?? The only reference to her is when T'Challa mentions her name. Once. We should have a flashback scene to Storm's bachelorette party! All we got now is that she went shopping with Kitty....and Sue Storm? Sue and Ororo best pals? Closer than Storm and Rogue or Storm and Psylocke? Really? Had they ever even had a conversation before that issue? Where were the X-girls??

It was messed up I tell ya..

But do you really think Rogue really wasn't there? I figured we should assume she WAS there, and that the artist just couldn't be bothered drawing her. I checked, not even once, tiny in the background!)

The Hot Priest returns Twisted Bliss's Avatar

Ah the Outback X-men were cool.

Rogue was a hot, untouchable, tough as nails, super strong girl.....God I loved her back then.