Page 205 of 550 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 8243
  1. #3061
    Senior Member DarkMagnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Does anyone agree that Aesthetics make for a surprising influence in the enjoyment of the character?

    If Rogue got her wild volumey hair back, and did a little more kiss-theft, would fans respond more positively?
    her old hair is a icon of nineties, now she is a grow up woman she is a bit more classy.

  2. #3062
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Does anyone agree that Aesthetics make for a surprising influence in the enjoyment of the character?

    If Rogue got her wild volumey hair back, and did a little more kiss-theft, would fans respond more positively?
    I grew up in the 80's where big volumey hair was it. So yes i would respond positvely. I miss big hair and using nearly a whole spray can to get it big.

  3. #3063
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Michigan
    Posts
    5,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tx peppa View Post
    I grew up in the 80's where big volumey hair was it. So yes i would respond positvely. I miss big hair and using nearly a whole spray can to get it big.
    I came of age in the 1980's,too.(I graduated High School in 1983).I want the stripe to go down the back of the hair again.Also I like Rogue's hair when it's long and wavy.

  4. #3064
    Ain't no Snowflake yanapryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis!
    Posts
    14,023

    Default

    I do believe strongly that aesthetics do influence characterization, and I imagine that if she pull out the pony and moosed up that skunk top of hers, she'd SASS it up more.
    cpjudd.com

    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

  5. #3065
    Senior Member DarkMagnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    i hate the ponytail i like the new costume in the Rafa Sandoval way.

  6. #3066
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I really do miss the brown jacket. I don't like the scarf. It seems like it has a mind of its own.

  7. #3067
    Senior Member RoguefanAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tx peppa View Post
    I really do miss the brown jacket. I don't like the scarf. It seems like it has a mind of its own.
    Yeah, the jacket = butch, sassy, impulsive. scarf = 101 ways to strangle myself.

    Just look at that one scene with Cyclops where she's wearing the jacket over her current uniform. x10 more attitude the instant she puts it on. Though the Milligan!Brown Long-Coat version has the opposite effect of turning her into a giant wuss.
    Last edited by RoguefanAM; 05-12-2012 at 05:29 AM.

  8. #3068
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoguefanAM View Post
    Yeah, the jacket = butch, sassy, impulsive. scarf = 101 ways to strangle myself.

    Just look at that one scene with Cyclops where she's wearing the jacket over her current uniform. x10 more attitude the instant she puts it on. Though the Milligan!Brown Long-Coat version has the opposite effect of turning her into a giant wuss.
    I was just thinking the same thing!

  9. #3069
    Senior Member Seccruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pombal, Portugal
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    The battle of the century is presenting itself: http://soulkiller-rebel-rogue.blogsp...egacy-269.html

    From the looks of it, it's gonna be EPIC!!!
    Join the Uncanny X-Force group

  10. #3070
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seccruz View Post
    The battle of the century is presenting itself: http://soulkiller-rebel-rogue.blogsp...egacy-269.html

    From the looks of it, it's gonna be EPIC!!!
    Can't wait for it. Should be good.

  11. #3071
    Senior Member DarkMagnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    The Nu aventures of Old Nu Rogue?

  12. #3072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    The Nu aventures of Old Nu Rogue?
    If she absorbs Ms Marvel's powers, she will basically be Old Rogue again. It will be good to see her have them back again, even if it is only for a single issue.

  13. #3073
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Marvel doesn't want Rogue to outshine Ms.Marvel by giving back the superstrength that made Rogue iconic. The problem is, Ms. Marvel won't ever be a better character than Rogue (better than NuRouge maybe, but that is hardly an accomplishment) no matter how hard Marvel would wish it so.

  14. #3074
    Junior Member niconico00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Banana Republic of Italy
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post
    If she absorbs Ms Marvel's powers, she will basically be Old Rogue again. It will be good to see her have them back again, even if it is only for a single issue.
    Rogue used to have Ms Marvel's powers, but that was when Ms Marvel had a different power set. (No energy projection and absorption)
    I don't like threads without scans

  15. #3075
    Senior Member Seccruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pombal, Portugal
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    Marvel doesn't want Rogue to outshine Ms.Marvel by giving back the superstrength that made Rogue iconic. The problem is, Ms. Marvel won't ever be a better character than Rogue (better than NuRouge maybe, but that is hardly an accomplishment) no matter how hard Marvel would wish it so.
    Sad, but true. They both overcame a lot over the years, but Rogue was the one that changed the most, IMHO...
    Join the Uncanny X-Force group

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •