Page 2 of 554 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    For anyone who's missing Rogue, here's a little fix for you.

These statues (16" tall!) went up for pre-order today (including Adam Hughes Artwork)...a slightly cheaper (with no accompanying artwork) version should go up not too far down the road.
    That is ... AWESOME! I want one...must see if my LCS can order it for me...

And seriously, who in their right mind wouldn't love Rogue? She's beyond awesome!!!
    If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning!

For my obsession: Rebel Rogue - for all the latest Rogue news and updates!

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Rogue should get full ontrol of her powers and dump Gambit post haste...that relationship ans ensuing issues was interesting for all of two minutes...She should be flirty and fun loving with the guys (do NOT take this to mean "whoring"...I have the utmost respect for the X-women, and I will take umbrage at anyone esp. in this tread who does so.) but no steady relationship for a long while...on another note...I liked her black and green outfit with the bustier and thigh-high boots...but I also very much love the updated version she's wearing now with the hood and cape, of her classic outfit.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    STORM #1...(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Victor Ibanez. July 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue83 View Post
    Rogue VS Wonder Woman (the fight that should have happened in Marvel Vs DC)
    Yeah, got to agree...I like Rogue but I really don`t think she`s a match for WW (although other than Power Princess, I can`t think of another Marvel female who has a similar powerset) but I do like her much better with her Ms. Marvel powers.
    [Insert signature here ]

Okay, general question:

Gambit Relationship: Disaster or Catastrophy?

Perhaps it is the association with her general chickification after Claremont left, but I have to say that it was pointless melodrama for it's own sake.

HTG

I knew there had to be a Rogue Appreciation thread around here somewhere. I love me some southern belle! The main thing that drew Rogue to my attention was her vibrant personality. It almost seems like it's a personality covering up a depressed and lonely soul. I love Rogue. She's my second favorite X-Woman right next to Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Okay, general question:

Perhaps it is the association with her general chickification after Claremont left, but I have to say that it was pointless melodrama for it's own sake.

HTG
    I would never say it was a disaster and or a Catastrophe, Gambit and Rogue were one of the best couples in comics for a long time. The problem came when the writers didn't no what to do with them, and that caused a few years of really bad writing. Instead of doing the right thing and simply putting them on different teams and hint at them still being together. We were given crappy stories that made both characters look bad. I find it funny when I read some people seem to blame Gambit, in stead of blaming the ones responsible the writers who just didn't no what to do. I say Carey could do a good job writing both and he might even bring back the couple we enjoy.

hi everyone. I love Rogue shes my favorite Female X-Man I personally love Gambit and his relationship with Rogue i do agree that written right thier love would seem ok. What I hope Mike Carey Does in Legecy 220-224 "Salvage"
    is very possibly let Rogue control her powers and be with Gambit IMO and have them become a couple like Reed and sue or how Scott and Jean were where the relationship isnt the main aspect of her appearences. I like the Ms Marvel powers as well however i do wish she wont get them back if only to avoid returning charactors to a previous Status Quo. What did people think of Anna Paquin as Rogue in the X-Men movies, IMO she did ok however i wish the white in her hair had been there the whole time rather then come in at the ending. also i think her accent was needed but they left it out other then that i think she was fine with only her standered power at least in the movieverse.

Hears to Anna Marie/Rogue let her come back to the X-Men proper soon
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

Default Finally!

I've been wondering if a thread like that existed here!So,words are redundant...One of the best powersets a hero/heroine can have,a sweet Southern accent,a warm,sassy and strong personality,a troublesome past...That's Rogue!My favourite comic-book character!

I have faith in Mike Carey and I'm sure he will bring justice to Rogue.Okay,I admit that I'm not ready yet to get used to a Rogue that has ultimately gained full control of her abilities,so I wouldn't like it,if they gave her what she had been always desperately looking for...Nevertheless,she will always be my number #1!

All hail the Sothern Belle! :-D
    Usually it would end with a blast of the "focused totality of my telepathic power"...But that trick got really old,really fast,luv.This solution is much more elegant...Like moi.

Quote Originally Posted by beserkerclaw View Post
    What did people think of Anna Paquin as Rogue in the X-Men movies, IMO she did ok however i wish the white in her hair had been there the whole time rather then come in at the ending. also i think her accent was needed but they left it out other then that i think she was fine with only her standered power at least in the movieverse.
    Rogue's my favorite character, but I've always been a movie Rogue hater until recently. I just rewatched the first two movies. In the first one, she's a little whiny for my taste, but she's the focus of the movie, so how can I hate her?

She's much better in the second movie, she actually uses her powers to save the day, and she gains a little bit of that Rogue sass and edge from the comics. I won't even speak about that other movie.

I really hope what Mike Carey does with Rogue in "Salvage" is new and different and a surprise. I'm very glad she's returning, and it seems like she might even be conscious for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    For anyone who's missing Rogue, here's a little fix for you.

These statues (16" tall!) went up for pre-order today (including Adam Hughes Artwork)...a standard version (with no accompanying artwork) should go up not too far down the road.

At least check out the artwork and photos (14 photos there on the "Gallery" tab from a lot of angles) of the figure for a little Rogue fix! A good looking piece, with the old early/villainy Rogue hoodie costume (and an "effortless" walk through a concrete block wall). I just LOVE the stretchy full-length glove and the high-heeled boots!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=68261

One picture to give you a quick idea of how it looks:

EDIT: Exclusive version (with artwork) now sold out (although wait list may still be available)....sister entry (without artwork) is now up for sale; leaving link to Exclusive version above since the gallery has more pictures in that listing.
    Hn. I ordered this months ago and I'm still waiting for it. Wasn't it supposed to have been ready in October?
    If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning!

For my obsession: Rebel Rogue - for all the latest Rogue news and updates!

Manage The Anger psychic_therapy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Okay, general question:

HTG
    I agree, it was mostly catastrophy. Really pointless to boot.

Rogue by herself or with almost any other guy is awesome though.

I used to love her in the original TV show, but X-Men Evolution Rogue left a bad taste in my mouth. And I don't really like Rogue in Wolverine & X-Men.

I love Rogue, she is relatable and original a the same time
    Her hood outfit is cool, with or without cape and Green just looks good on her
    Glad to see her return in Legacy, feels different without her...

Manage The Anger psychic_therapy's Avatar

Does anyone see Rogue returning to where she rightfully belong (with the X-Men) anytime soon?