Page 5 of 550 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    Fool for Lesser Things Shaid O Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoolshay View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/1108...y-XLegacy.html

Rogue is coming back to the X-men. It's sorta a fact.
    Carey blatantly says it.
    Well, he doesn't really say that. Just that she'll be 'interacting' with them soon. THat could technically be a vid-call from the Outback to San Fran for one ish.

Matter of fact it's deliberately unclear who will even be in the book after Legacy ends. It won't focuson Xavier, but that doesn't mean he isn't in it. He, Rogue and Gambit will be drawn back into what's going on in the X-verse, but that doesn't mean they won't stay a separate group in that new direction-book. But who knows. Just saying it's not exactly clear from the article.

I'm just a little worried about how Rogue is going to come out of this. Too big a makeover is not always a good thing. (Just remembering Psylocke here....:rolleyes: )

Fool for Lesser Things Shaid O Gray's Avatar

Ugh, double-post. I hate that.
    Last edited by Shaid O Gray; 12-17-2008 at 11:46 AM.

yo-ho-yo-ho pirate song
    Did you know there is actually a place off the coast called the McDonald's Islands??

I really hate the way they screwed her over in the X movies. Honestly cmon that is not rogue

The thing I hated most about the movies was her powers. They made it seem like she had to be touching the person to use their powers. How would that benefit her offensively at all?

Rogue was in the movies? You sure? You sure it wasn't some weird creature using that name?

You kno what cracks me, tho----Pacquin;s accent (and everybody else) was horrific to the point of getting rid of them in X2, and yet in that show "True Blood," she uses it to near perfection.

The girl's been practicin'

Quote Originally Posted by CE_Rap View Post
    Rogue was in the movies? You sure? You sure it wasn't some weird creature using that name?

You kno what cracks me, tho----Pacquin;s accent (and everybody else) was horrific to the point of getting rid of them in X2, and yet in that show "True Blood," she uses it to near perfection.

The girl's been practicin'
    her character in true blood is alot like rogue. which is kind of sad because anna could have made a great rogue if it hadnt been for the writers screwing up rogue's personality.
    is there any truth about carey writing a rogue series?

...the girl who lives behind the aura, behind the curtain, behind the burqa.

Rogue's my favorite. I have to say I like the slightly tomboyish Rogue version best since I've noticed she seems to change alot from one writer to the next.

I especially liked when she was kissing any cute enemy every chance she got. She knows how to seize an opportunity! And all the power amalgams she made. It gave the characte style. I disliked when she was whinning about her powers constantly in the 90s. It's a shame they don't use her powers more since she's pretty much unique. While the Ms Marvel powers are dull and generic (though pretty useful!).

Who can forget her chat with Storm in 186? Or more like Storm's lecture to her... That issue rocked my socks in grade school.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Rogue's my favorite. I have to say I like the slightly tomboyish Rogue version best since I've noticed she seems to change alot from one writer to the next.

I especially liked when she was kissing any cute enemy every chance she got. She knows how to seize an opportunity! And all the power amalgams she made. It gave the characte style. I disliked when she was whinning about her powers constantly in the 90s. It's a shame they don't use her powers more since she's pretty much unique. While the Ms Marvel powers are dull and generic (though pretty useful!).

Who can forget her chat with Storm in 186? Or more like Storm's lecture to her... That issue rocked my socks in grade school.
    That "chat" didn't take place in 186.If you're talking about the issue where Rogue runs away to Mississippi and is swimming there in a String Bikini and Storm gets zapped by Forge's neutraliser, that was in UXM#185.186 was was the first Storm/Forge "LifeDeath" story...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaid O Gray View Post
    Well, he doesn't really say that. Just that she'll be 'interacting' with them soon. THat could technically be a vid-call from the Outback to San Fran for one ish.

Matter of fact it's deliberately unclear who will even be in the book after Legacy ends. It won't focuson Xavier, but that doesn't mean he isn't in it. He, Rogue and Gambit will be drawn back into what's going on in the X-verse, but that doesn't mean they won't stay a separate group in that new direction-book. But who knows. Just saying it's not exactly clear from the article.
    Actually,Mike Carey had confirmed that Gambit,Rogue and the Professor are all coming back to the X-Men.
    I'm just a little worried about how Rogue is going to come out of this. Too big a makeover is not always a good thing. (Just remembering Psylocke here....:rolleyes: )
    You mean,the telekinesis crap,huh?I'm worrried about that,too.Although,it's more possible that she will gain full control over her powers,since she said that she's left the X-Men for this reason and Carey also said that this will be a story that will change Rogue forever.
    That "chat" didn't take place in 186.If you're talking about the issue where Rogue runs away to Mississippi and is swimming there in a String Bikini and Storm gets zapped by Forge's neutraliser, that was in UXM#185.186 was was the first Storm/Forge "LifeDeath" story...
    Oh,I adored this issue!

So,what do you guys think?Rogue would be better,if she controlled her power or is it better that she can't do that yet?
    Usually it would end with a blast of the "focused totality of my telepathic power"...But that trick got really old,really fast,luv.This solution is much more elegant...Like moi.

I honestly think it's about time she controlled her powers. Her powers have changed so much in the last few years, but she has never really moved forward. She would still be Rogue; she'd just be happier. And a happy Rogue is a fun Rogue.

I'd like to see her move forward and learn to control her powers. This girl is just to stubborn and strong to not be in control. Come January, I think we'll start to see Rogue doing just that!
    If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning!

For my obsession: Rebel Rogue - for all the latest Rogue news and updates!

No control and no permanent powers. She has to do with what she absorbs. If she absorbs someone with stronger willpower than her, thems the breaks!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    I honestly think it's about time she controlled her powers. Her powers have changed so much in the last few years, but she has never really moved forward. She would still be Rogue; she'd just be happier. And a happy Rogue is a fun Rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkiller View Post
    I'd like to see her move forward and learn to control her powers. This girl is just to stubborn and strong to not be in control. Come January, I think we'll start to see Rogue doing just that!
    I agee! I just wonder if "Salvage man" (Corny name,huh? ) will be able to "recover" Rogue's lost extra powers? ( I feel the powers were never lost but were somehow surpressed! )

I want Rogue to be able to control her powers. Having them out of control was fun for a while, but I feel like it's really time for a change.

In my opinion it's like the same situation as Wolverine and his past. Like it was time for Wolverine to remember everything and stop whining about what he couldn't remember, it's also time for any writer to stop writing Rogue whining about how she can't control her powers. I think Mike Carey giving Rogue the way to control her powers will help Rogue stay a strong character no matter what writer gets ahold of her in the future.

I don't think she should be able to control all the psyche's she aborbes at once though, and I really don't want the Ms. Marvel powers back, to me that'd be like moving Rogue's progress back a few decades and she'd just depend on those powers again and never use her own.