Page 255 of 549 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 8229

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    That's why they need to work the Avengers Annual #10 angle...
    Exactly my dear boy!! I need to find that movie script somewhere...

Rogue deserves to be a bad@ss in this movie. After the embarrassment of losing to a seat-belt twice and then being the only X-men that takes the cure. I mean, it's makes sense and all, but that's no pay off for her fans!

Does rogue still have past absorbed power recall, I would personally love for her to get her strength & invulnerability back the absorbtion thing is just not enough, maybe she can absorb Frenzy power without absorbing her Psyche. I know now she has control of her powers to absorb memories & powers but does she still have to absorb their psyche or no ?

Quote Originally Posted by RoguefanAM View Post
    Rogue deserves to be a bad@ss in this movie. After the embarrassment of losing to a seat-belt twice and then being the only X-men that takes the cure. I mean, it's makes sense and all, but that's no pay off for her fans!
    Here, here!! I hope that Rogue has a better showing in the movie, but I am not holding my breath. Anna Paquin has mentioned before about how she wished she had done more action in the X-Men movies. On a side note, its weird to have her return to this character now that she is so known for playing Sookie on True Blood. It feels kinda like Sookie is coming to the X-Men! Especially since both characters are sassy and southern. It's so post-modern...
    Last edited by jen; 01-28-2013 at 10:06 AM.

I was discussing with my husband this and he totally freaks out bc the Movie-Rogue. He hates (well no hate, but disappointed maybe) her. Im remember him that Anna Paquin plays a really well southern and shes sassy all that. His words "Sookie is a bitch" and mines "but is a really good bitch" XDDDD Then the talk moves to Rogue movie as Marie Sue...i cant discuss that, then I try to explain him the mikeb " Avengers Annual #10 angle thing" but he doesnt believe that really much

I suppose that Movie-Rogue (M-Rogue) will be more mature and a really Rogue, whats the matter of call you Rogue if you dont show your Roguish side?! Mr. Singer attention here please.

I always wondering was what the feeling of the not-comic fans find a Mary Sue called Rogue.... really odd

Yikes! Why do you guys want bad guy Rogue from Avengers Annual #10? She was a murderer, and one that was manipulated into it (and really, what women attacks another women after she's been raped?). I rather have the 90's Rogue! The secure and sassy Rogue that had her own agency, not weak minded and following her crazy Mom's orders. Whether you liked her or not with Gambit, those stories, even when they were in outer space were pretty kick ass.

As to her being a Mary Sue...well, the last couple of years in Legacy she kind of was the John Cena of comics. She'd talk about things being tough but they never were and then just steamroll to victory, and then everyone, friend or foe would love her anyways. Kinda lame especially since Gage is writing Angel (a LOT like Rogue, IMO) fabulously. Just my opinion.

Anyways, maybe we can have a heroic badass Rogue in good stories that shows her ups and downs? That'd be pretty sweet.

And when I get commissioned to draw Rogue at comic shows, it's always this version!
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Pretty pic albone! Very nice. And we don't want bad guy Rogue we want badass Rogue. That means the sassy Rogue that kicks booty and not the powered down cry-baby Rogue from the movies.

I agree. I would have definitely liked a recasting. Nothing against Anna Paquin, but it would be nice to let the average viewer know that Rogue is not a weak, dependent character. Well, at least, when she was written well (which is how I like to remember her characterization).

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Pretty pic albone! Very nice. And we don't want bad guy Rogue we want badass Rogue. That means the sassy Rogue that kicks booty and not the powered down cry-baby Rogue from the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes617 View Post
    I agree. I would have definitely liked a recasting. Nothing against Anna Paquin, but it would be nice to let the average viewer know that Rogue is not a weak, dependent character. Well, at least, when she was written well (which is how I like to remember her characterization).
    Thanks, Jen! Right on to badass Rogue.

I think Anna Paquin is very good too, and she played a good teenage Rogue, but the character needs to grow and not the emo-whiner from the movie. I doubt they'll bring back Rouge/Anna P just to have her be lame.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Looks like Rogue will show up in Young Avengers next week.

I think this will be for the Rogue "completists" only as I think she is probably in that one panel. What do you all think about that hair??

For some reason, I'm getting flashbacks to pre X-men Rogue with that image. Very butch, but I don't mind it.

Is so 80s!!!

Veteran Member

Albone,I think I need to clarify something.The subject was brought up about Rogue being in the DOFP movie.In the Claremont/Byrne story,there was no Rogue.In Avengers Annual #10,Rogue's first appearance,it picks up,as far as what was happening to the Brotherhood,who were caught at the end of DOFP.Avengers Annual #10 is a continuation of 2 stories.One being DOFP,the other being that distastefull Avengers #197-200.

Veteran Member

Double post! :(

I'm glad she shows up in young avengers. I hope she'll get a line or two though.