Page 244 of 550 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Maddiemark View Post
    Magneto drawn as 50? Didn't look that way in Children's Crusade, Legacy, Uncanny X-Men(new Bachalo with the arms hanging out), and most importantly when it all started in the 90s and they were constantly hinting at Rogue nearly leaving the X-Men for him. He was more muscular and fitter than the whole team it seemed in Fatal Attractions.

As for the terrorist thing? So is she. The story makes sense. She sought redemption and got it. It's not about redemption for him...it's about the survival of mutantkind. Rogue always understood and respected that..just like Jean used to but Jean never was having alone moments like in X-Men 25 contemplating if she should fight him because of how much she cared for him like Rogue did.

Rogue never flirted with Magneto. She just seemed to want him to be a better man and definitely cared more about him than she could admit.

Magneto doesn't like strong women? Rogue slaps him around alot. LOL. He never fights her like he does everyone else and she always gets the last word. So I don't get that point of view either.

As for Gambit not being threatened by her strength and how she can handle things? Just read X-Men 45...she begged him for the truth and he basically spit in her face over and over again. If you think him lying and not being man enough to be who he really is with her means they're equals? Well that's a interesting take to have. The Magneto stuff was always more about him not trying to be with Rogue because he's involved in things that are much too serious to turn from for a relationship.
    I'm not saying that they didn't have things in common or that Rogue couldn't empathise with him. I think one of the reasons Mags had endured as a character is because we can all empathise with him to an extent. He's fighting the right fight, just going the wrong way about it and given his past, most people even have sympathy for him, even while recognising that at times he has been as ardently anti-human as the Nazis were anti-Semitic.

He's a great character, but that doesn't change the fact that he has always looked upon Rogue as a child who just didn't "get it". He was always arrogant and condescending towards her, even in their break up issues!

And it should be noted that Rogue, while actually raised by a terrorist, forged her own path as a young teenager and has never gone back to that way of thinking. Magneto has gone back and forth, never seeming to settle on one theology, even though he's a grown man!

And please stop being patronising and telling me to read this or read that issue. I have read them, thanks. I recall that in X-men 45, Gambit offered her the opportunity to adsorb him, I think his words were "become me" so that she could see for herself what he had done. Rogue refused. I hardly call an offer like that "spitting in her face". When she left him to die in Antarctica, he forgive her without a second thought! I don't see Magneto ever forgiving such a betrayal.

They are a screwed up couple, no doubt, but nowhere near as screwed up as Rogue and Magneto.

You can say that again, Gambit78, I thought Peter Milligan did a intentionally bad take on Romy, and you could tell because his run wasn't a good read, IMO.

Anyways, what I like about current Rogue is that she is more a problem solver, having lost her super strength, but damn reading A+X it is clear that she rocks those powers WAY better than Ms. Marvel. It's unforunate because the only reason I believe she continues to not have those powers is because the creative powers doesn't want Ms. Marvel to be overshadowed by Rogue.
    Which is silly since Ms. Marvel will be popular or unpopular based on herself, and Rogue would have very little to do with it.

Rogue fans should never defend Rogneto. It's the worst form of irony. The characters are both more fun to read with other love interests ( ie., tied to a bed post with Remy LeBeau).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post
    I'm not saying that they didn't have things in common or that Rogue couldn't empathise with him. I think one of the reasons Mags had endured as a character is because we can all empathise with him to an extent. He's fighting the right fight, just going the wrong way about it and given his past, most people even have sympathy for him, even while recognising that at times he has been as ardently anti-human as the Nazis were anti-Semitic.

He's a great character, but that doesn't change the fact that he has always looked upon Rogue as a child who just didn't "get it". He was always arrogant and condescending towards her, even in their break up issues!

And it should be noted that Rogue, while actually raised by a terrorist, forged her own path as a young teenager and has never gone back to that way of thinking. Magneto has gone back and forth, never seeming to settle on one theology, even though he's a grown man!

And please stop being patronising and telling me to read this or read that issue. I have read them, thanks. I recall that in X-men 45, Gambit offered her the opportunity to adsorb him, I think his words were "become me" so that she could see for herself what he had done. Rogue refused. I hardly call an offer like that "spitting in her face". When she left him to die in Antarctica, he forgive her without a second thought! I don't see Magneto ever forgiving such a betrayal.

They are a screwed up couple, no doubt, but nowhere near as screwed up as Rogue and Magneto.
    Magneto is anti human for a reason. They killed his daughter and were jealous of his mutant superiority. Isabella died because of that.

I never saw Magneto as condescending towards. He just did things for the bigger picture. Remember that is why he was separated from the X men. Truth is..Magneto isnt no monster or Rogue wouldnt defend him so much. Thats canon.

Gambit forgiving Rogue? Why would that ever matter? Sabretooth had to tell her the truth about that blonde chick and it took a conspiracy in Antartica for the truth to come out. He was lucky Warren didnt kill him. Very loving behavior from a guy who loves to play women like a deck of cards.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post

As far as Ol'Remy allowing Rogue to absorb him in X-Men #45,I think he took a very shred and calculated risk that she would refuse.Why?Because the kiss at the end of Legion Quest had already caused her extreme mental and emotional torment.Why would she want more of what had caused her emotional pain in the first place?Why couldn't Ol'Remy just "man up"and tell Rogue outright what she took from him that was causing her torment?Covering his rear meant more to him than she did?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    As far as Ol'Remy allowing Rogue to absorb him in X-Men #45,I think he took a very shred and calculated risk that she would refuse.Why?Because the kiss at the end of Legion Quest had already caused her extreme mental and emotional torment.Why would she want more of what had caused her emotional pain in the first place?Why couldn't Ol'Remy just "man up"and tell Rogue outright what she took from him that was causing her torment?
    Because he was ashamed. Imagine voluntarily confessing a long term affair to your significant other (ie, before you've been caught). It's not the worst crime in the world, especially compared to what Gambit was hiding, but it's not easy to confess something that 1) you are ashamed of and 2) could lose you the person you love.

I think he made that offer to Rogue because on paper, being a party to murder is pretty bad. At least if she absorbed him, she'd get the whole story (such as that he was an unknowing party to it) and know that he wasn't lying about any of it. Of course as we saw in Antarctica, that didn't exactly work but it was a solid plan.

Okay what are everyone's opinions on the forthcoming Rogue/Thor affair?

Hi, everyone

Let me introduce myself a little bit. I´m a huge Rogue fan since I bought Uncanny X-Men for the first time (in my 13´s or so, now I´m 31) and I totally loved.

I´m currently reading the page 105 of this thread, I wanted to wait until I finished reading everything, but I couldn´t, so here I am.

I been lecture of all you and I feeling that there A LOT of thing that been ignoring about my Southern Godess, my unique excuse is that I been living in the middle of nowhere and find anything there was a titanic mission, now I have internet of course, so I still learning.

I want to comment about UA but first I want to finish, please be gentle with me *continue reading the 105 page*

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    If Rogneto was gross , Roghor will be nasty gross and dirty , i mean how old is Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by xevg View Post
    Hi, everyone

Let me introduce myself a little bit. I´m a huge Rogue fan since I bought Uncanny X-Men for the first time (in my 13´s or so, now I´m 31) and I totally loved.

I´m currently reading the page 105 of this thread, I wanted to wait until I finished reading everything, but I couldn´t, so here I am.

I been lecture of all you and I feeling that there A LOT of thing that been ignoring about my Southern Godess, my unique excuse is that I been living in the middle of nowhere and find anything there was a titanic mission, now I have internet of course, so I still learning.

I want to comment about UA but first I want to finish, please be gentle with me *continue reading the 105 page*
    Welcome :D ! Hope you survive the experience

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Uhhgggh hell no!! Thor is too, how can I see in good words? Unpleasant, disgusting and gross. I like Thor but no with my Rogue, he is too stiff, at least in my opinion. She needs someone with energy, with spark, athletic with a cajun accent ;D

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus
    Welcome :D ! Hope you survive the experience
    Survive? I'm enjoying the experience, actually is being delightful
    Thank you for the welcoming
    Last edited by xevg; 12-03-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Correctin my english

woww! tu eres de Mexico entonces hablas español :D!! , amigo latino soy de Chile ^^

Wow you are form Mexico so you speak Spanish, im form Chile Latin Friend ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    woww! tu eres de Mexico entonces hablas español :D!! , amigo latino soy de Chile ^^

Wow you are form Mexico so you speak Spanish, im form Chile Latin Friend ^^
    I´m a girl. So yes, hablo español, lo escribo mejor de lo que lo hablo lol

Nice to meet a Latinoamerican Rogue fan!

¿Cómo es que consigues todos los comics si vives en Chile? para mi conseguirlos aquí es bastante complicado. De hecho estoy pensando en hacerme de una membresía para leermelos online vía Marvel pero no me sirve de mucho si quiero leer los nuevos :/

I need to translate that?

Quote Originally Posted by xevg View Post
    I´m a girl. So yes, hablo español, lo escribo mejor de lo que lo hablo lol

Nice to meet a Latinoamerican Rogue fan!

¿Cómo es que consigues todos los comics si vives en Chile? para mi conseguirlos aquí es bastante complicado. De hecho estoy pensando en hacerme de una membresía para leermelos online vía Marvel pero no me sirve de mucho si quiero leer los nuevos :/

I need to translate that?
    Si estás en una situación donde es difíciles conseguir libros de cómic, ¿por qué no intentar comixology?

Roguneto fue terrible, Rogue ahora va a ser con Thor porque Marvel le gusta jugar románticas sillas musicales. -_-

Thank Phoenix for Google translate!
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Thanks for the advice, wich is better Comixology or Online Marvel? I only read Marvel.

Rogneto (me cuesta escribirlo) was pretty lame for me, I´m so Romy, but Thor... I say my opinion about the couple already.

How is could be named? Thogue, Rhor?

Genial que alguien más hable español aquí, pero creo que es irrespetuoso el escribir en un idioma que tal vez no te pueda entender la mayoría maybe we could write both non?