Page 243 of 550 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 8245

Im still want a Rogue solo title or Team Book

X-men could be hers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Im still want a Rogue solo title or Team Book

X-men could be hers.
    After what they did to her in Legacy, I'll settle for her being a bit player if it means they stop destroying her character.

I don't think Legion will last long as a central character, so who knows what will happen with Legacy honestly.

the first two arc of X-men Roguacy where great, if a god writter who doesnt want Rogue as a wife write her...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post
    After what they did to her in Legacy, I'll settle for her being a bit player if it means they stop destroying her character.
    Was you reading Rogue before Mike Carey? All of that stupid Gambit angst that was dragging book after book down. Carey finally made her grow up and act like a winner and the fans rebelled against that. Now she needs saving from Remender in 2012 even though the character is 31 years old. That's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddiemark View Post
    Was you reading Rogue before Mike Carey? All of that stupid Gambit angst that was dragging book after book down. Carey finally made her grow up and act like a winner and the fans rebelled against that. Now she needs saving from Remender in 2012 even though the character is 31 years old. That's crazy.
    I'm not good with names of the writers (I'm dyslexic and it's a type of 'blindness' I have). I stopped buying it when Rogue was flirting with both Remy and Magneto, unable to choose between them. I'd rather she hadn't controlled her powers when they have her flirting with a terrorist who's old enough to be her grandfather. I still read review then but I stopped being interested at all when I read she was seeping with Magneto (WTF!). I checked in from time to time but only began buying X-men again when I heard that she dumped Mags in Legacy 274. That was the first issue I'd bought in years, just for the pleasure of seeing Rogue dump Mags, finally!

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Not only that, she and the Widow are on their way to being fast friends. Her social circles are expanding.
    I just hope she doesn't become BFFs with Wanda. She needs an Avengers female to feud with and Carol doesn't seem to hate her anymore.

BANNED

I'm not good with names of the writers (I'm dyslexic and it's a type of 'blindness' I have). I stopped buying it when Rogue was flirting with both Remy and Magneto, unable to choose between them. I'd rather she hadn't controlled her powers when they have her flirting with a terrorist who's old enough to be her grandfather. I still read review then but I stopped being interested at all when I read she was seeping with Magneto (WTF!). I checked in from time to time but only began buying X-men again when I heard that she dumped Mags in Legacy 274. That was the first issue I'd bought in years, just for the pleasure of seeing Rogue dump Mags, finally!
    Magneto is old enough to be her grandfather but Wolverine is old enough to be Magneto's grandfather and he has sex with Dominos and always wanted to bang 25 year old Jean Grey. Physically, Magneto is what? Barely 10 years older than Rogue and she had been wanting him for over 20 years of continuity in one way or another. Not sure if you just started reading Rogue out of the blue or what but the Magneto thing was there when she was most popular.

And now without Magneto to protect her, she's at the mercy of Red Skull and it's only gonna get worse from this point on. But thank goodness the Gambit mayhem is dead.

And now without Magneto to protect her, she's at the mercy of Red Skull
    On a positive note, this got me misty about Gambit #5 where Rogue rescued herself (and perhaps Remy). Nostalgia, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit78 View Post
    On a positive note, this got me misty about Gambit #5 where Rogue rescued herself (and perhaps Remy). Nostalgia, sigh.
    I love that issue. Rogue was so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by RoguefanAM View Post
    I just hope she doesn't become BFFs with Wanda. She needs an Avengers female to feud with and Carol doesn't seem to hate her anymore.
    You know it's going to happen and all that bickering is going to disappear. Sigh.

Magneto is old enough to be her grandfather but Wolverine is old enough to be Magneto's grandfather and he has sex with Dominos and always wanted to bang 25 year old Jean Grey. Physically, Magneto is what? Barely 10 years older than Rogue and she had been wanting him for over 20 years of continuity in one way or another.
    No, she was interested in giving him a second chance, not bonking his brains out. And Mags is drawn to look 50 to 60, easily, while Rogue still looks in her early 20s.

Anyway, i think you missed the point of my rant which is not so much the age gap, as the fact he's a terrorist. I can buy her being interested in redeeming him, in many ways she has always been a bit naive like that, but seeping with him?

Not sure if you just started reading Rogue out of the blue or what but the Magneto thing was there when she was most popular.
    Interested in redeeming him, yes. And she flirts with everyone, she always has so unless you can produce more instances of her being flirtatious with Magneto than with other mutants, I'm just going to have to say, I don't see it.

And now without Magneto to protect her, she's at the mercy of Red Skull and it's only gonna get worse from this point on.
    See that's just it, the Rogue I knew and loved didn't need anyone to protect her. If Avengers can make her self reliant again, then I'll take it.

Also, notice that Magneto is never interested in Rogue unless she's powerless, or without Ms Marvels powers and her own under control? I guess he really doesn't like strong women, which is why they had to totally annihilate her character in order to make that relationship work in any way, shape or form. And even then, it was an abject failure.

You may not like Gambit but he was never threatened by her being stronger than him, he was never driven away by her absorption power, he never had awfully sexist cover art where he's standing over her, three times her size, god-like in his power and stature, with Rogue reaching up to him, like The Creation of Adam. Gambit always treated her as an equal, Magneto always treated her as lesser, a child to his adult, if you will.

Magneto is old enough to be her grandfather but Wolverine is old enough to be Magneto's grandfather and he has sex with Dominos and always wanted to bang 25 year old Jean Grey. Physically, Magneto is what? Barely 10 years older than Rogue and she had been wanting him for over 20 years of continuity in one way or another. Not sure if you just started reading Rogue out of the blue or what but the Magneto thing was there when she was most popular.

And now without Magneto to protect her, she's at the mercy of Red Skull and it's only gonna get worse from this point on. But thank goodness the Gambit mayhem is dead.
    But you have to admit her relationship with Mags was one of the worst written relationships in recent memory. Felt like bad fanfiction to me near the end there. Hell, after Carey stuck the two of them together and jumped ship they didn't appear on panel again until they broke up at the end of Gage's run. It wasn't even worth putting it on panel. Then before that Mags was written so out of character it was painful and Rogue became arguably one of the most boring leads in any ongoing. Her dullness to her indecisiveness were beyond frustrating. Thankfully it seems Remender is taking a piss all over those previous two runs and is making her interesting again.

BANNED

No, she was interested in giving him a second chance, not bonking his brains out. And Mags is drawn to look 50 to 60, easily, while Rogue still looks in her early 20s.

Anyway, i think you missed the point of my rant which is not so much the age gap, as the fact he's a terrorist. I can buy her being interested in redeeming him, in many ways she has always been a bit naive like that, but seeping with him?

Interested in redeeming him, yes. And she flirts with everyone, she always has so unless you can produce more instances of her being flirtatious with Magneto than with other mutants, I'm just going to have to say, I don't see it.

See that's just it, the Rogue I knew and loved didn't need anyone to protect her. If Avengers can make her self reliant again, then I'll take it.

Also, notice that Magneto is never interested in Rogue unless she's powerless, or without Ms Marvels powers and her own under control? I guess he really doesn't like strong women, which is why they had to totally annihilate her character in order to make that relationship work in any way, shape or form. And even then, it was an abject failure.

You may not like Gambit but he was never threatened by her being stronger than him, he was never driven away by her absorption power, he never had awfully sexist cover art where he's standing over her, three times her size, god-like in his power and stature, with Rogue reaching up to him, like The Creation of Adam. Gambit always treated her as an equal, Magneto always treated her as lesser, a child to his adult, if you will.

Magneto drawn as 50? Didn't look that way in Children's Crusade, Legacy, Uncanny X-Men(new Bachalo with the arms hanging out), and most importantly when it all started in the 90s and they were constantly hinting at Rogue nearly leaving the X-Men for him. He was more muscular and fitter than the whole team it seemed in Fatal Attractions.

As for the terrorist thing? So is she. The story makes sense. She sought redemption and got it. It's not about redemption for him...it's about the survival of mutantkind. Rogue always understood and respected that..just like Jean used to but Jean never was having alone moments like in X-Men 25 contemplating if she should fight him because of how much she cared for him like Rogue did.

Rogue never flirted with Magneto. She just seemed to want him to be a better man and definitely cared more about him than she could admit.

Magneto doesn't like strong women? Rogue slaps him around alot. LOL. He never fights her like he does everyone else and she always gets the last word. So I don't get that point of view either.

As for Gambit not being threatened by her strength and how she can handle things? Just read X-Men 45...she begged him for the truth and he basically spit in her face over and over again. If you think him lying and not being man enough to be who he really is with her means they're equals? Well that's a interesting take to have. The Magneto stuff was always more about him not trying to be with Rogue because he's involved in things that are much too serious to turn from for a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou
    But you have to admit her relationship with Mags was one of the worst written relationships in recent memory. Felt like bad fanfiction to me near the end there. Hell, after Carey stuck the two of them together and jumped ship they didn't appear on panel again until they broke up at the end of Gage's run. It wasn't even worth putting it on panel. Then before that Mags was written so out of character it was painful and Rogue became arguably one of the most boring leads in any ongoing. Her dullness to her indecisiveness were beyond frustrating. Thankfully it seems Remender is taking a piss all over those previous two runs and is making her interesting again.
    It was given a lack of detail in it's recent incarnation. All of your criticisms in that rant are more about the writing than anything else. Seems you have a problem with how Gage wrote her but I'll take a wild guess and say that Magneto appearing in Uncanny Avengers next year is gonna be a big deal and it's gonna be because of Rogue and Wanda being on the team.

Well yeah, if anything is written well I will generally like it regardless of how I feel about the characters. When the characters are written badly and out of character while other characters I do actually like are being thrown under the bus to make other characters look better, like in this case, that is a big turnoff. That isn't good writing, and I had a lot more problems with Gage's run than just with how he wrote her. It just wasn't very good.

Also you seem to really like the Mags/Rogue thing, which is fine, but I don't see how you can defend Mags and trash Gambit. Neither is some white knight. Mags has done some very bad things to Rogue and to her friends. You can't just pick and choose and ignore things. That's what bad writers do.

The Magneto stuff was always more about him not trying to be with Rogue because he's involved in things that are much too serious to turn from for a relationship.
    So that means Rogneto is a bad coupledom? Ok.

I'm iffy about utilizing past issues to prove Remy wasn't all that for Rogue (as previous reference to X-Men45) when we could point out awful issues for Mags/Rogue.

Like DarkMagnus also said, writing could have made MagRogue better. Writing could have made Romy better. I do have greater concerns for Rogue. I wouldn't call Uncanny Avengers a flagship. How long could they establish this series? How could it evolve? More XFolks joining? I went to another board I hadn't seen in years and Rogue is getting the least number of posts in her thread. I've never heard of a falling character rising back to the top. Is this it?