Page 1 of 550 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Default Rogue Appreciation

Rogue Fans Only!

I apologize in advance if I'm not supposed to make a specific character thread but this could be a place to discuss all things past/present/future of our favorite Southern Belle.

So I hated how she was treated in Xtreme Xmen towards the end. Like what Mike Carey's done with her lately. Miss the Ms. Marvel powers, but excited for possible changes in the future... (lets hope she loses sunfire's lame ass powers)

How do you guys feel about Rogue absorbing individuals' powers as they die so their abilities, which could be important, are not lost forever? Especially with the Endangered Species event coming up.

Other random off-the-wall thoughts...

Rogue absorbing/assuming the Witchblade?

Rogue VS Wonder Woman (the fight that should have happened in Marvel Vs DC)

Rogue absorbing the phoenix force?

Rogue actually having total control over her powers someday? Would it make her less interesting?

Who should be her love interest? Gambit? Iceman? Colossus? Pulse? No one?

Yay, first post!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue83
    How do you guys feel about Rogue absorbing individuals' powers as they die so their abilities, which could be important, are not lost forever? Especially with the Endangered Species event coming up.
    That's kinda hard to incorporate into a story, is it not? I mean, the way the X-men die are rather extravagant, wouldn't you say? What with people exploding, being sent into other dimensions, etc… Besides, it not like the X-men plan their deaths - they just happen (at least, in the story) - so I don't see many opportunities for Rogue to touch any individuals lingering near death for her to get their powers. Not that, that idea hasn't already been used anyway. Just look at her Sunfire powers, how do you think she got them? ;)

Other random off-the-wall thoughts...

Rogue absorbing/assuming the Witchblade?
    What!? Ick, heck no. Never have been a Witchblade fan, so...just no.

Totally, although I've got to say, WW would take that match-up quite handily. She's just too much for Rogue, unless Rogue's got her recall ability – without it she wouldn't have much of chance. There's just too big of a gap in terms of speed, durability, and strength for the battle to last anymore than a couple of seconds.

Rogue absorbing the phoenix force?
    Eh, I guess I could see it happening...although the odds don't look to good that Rogue would come out of absorption with a positive future if she ever did absorb it. Either she turns mad from the amount of power at her disposal...or a writer sends her off into limbo because she's too powerful.

Rogue actually having total control over her powers someday? Would it make her less interesting?
    No, I don't think Rogue gaining control over her power would make her less interesting. The only 'interesting' thing about her not having control of her powers I can see would be the drama it adds to her relationships - specially her relationship w/ Gambit. But really, I'm not a fan of that particular coupling: it hurts the characters too much and makes them dull, IMO.

No one. I wouldn't mind it if writer's didn't focus their attention so much on the inner workings of the relationships, and more on the action that a superhero comic should provide. I don't mind drama now and again, but typically the writer’s go overboard with that stuff and turn the comic into a soap opera.

Long-standing relationships like Susan’s and Richards I don’t mind much, because their relationships been explored a lot already and they tend not to take as much panel time as newer couples. But for Rogue you know that any relationships she get’s in is gonna be complicated and take a lot of panel space so I rather not see her in one at all.

In case you couldn't tell, I like my comic books to have more smashy-smashy than lovey-doveyness. ;)

Totally, although I've got to say, WW would take that match-up quite handily. She's just too much for Rogue, unless Rogue's got her recall ability – without it she wouldn't have much of chance. There's just too big of a gap in terms of speed, durability, and strength for the battle to last anymore than a couple of seconds.
    You got a good point here. However, I think it would be a near even match if she still had her Ms. Marvel powers. Without them, WW is faster, stronger, and more durable than Rogue. Yet all Rogue really needs is one could long touch and she wins. It'd be an interesting fight.

No, I don't think Rogue gaining control over her power would make her less interesting. The only 'interesting' thing about her not having control of her powers I can see would be the drama it adds to her relationships - specially her relationship w/ Gambit. But really, I'm not a fan of that particular coupling: it hurts the characters too much and makes them dull, IMO
    I agree with you about Gambit. He needs to hit up Bella Donna and make it official again.
    I think it would add a new level of trust/danger to Rogue's character if she could control her absorbtion powers. She could no longer use the excuse that it was reflex, and all characters everywhere would have to trust her when they decided to touch her.

I love how Mike Carey has given Rogue a renaissance. He has left out the romantic angles for now, and I think he will handle any in the future excellently. My only fear/concern is that when/if he leaves the Xbook is how the new writer will treat Rogue. I suppose I could deal if she took more of a backseat, but if anyone ever retcons any of the current stuff I'll be livid! I am SO glad that Grant Morrison didn't get her for New Xmen because he was going to kill her off!

Quote Originally Posted by RoguefanAM View Post
    Yay, first post!!! :D
    Congrats!
    I don't know how you did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Flight
    Congrats!
    I don't know how you did it!
    Awwww, why thank you Flight. It's a pleasure to see how nice and courteous the members here at CBR are!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue83
    You got a good point here. However, I think it would be a near even match if she still had her Ms. Marvel powers. Without them, WW is faster, stronger, and more durable than Rogue. Yet all Rogue really needs is one could long touch and she wins. It'd be an interesting fight.
    Actually, when I said there was a huge gap in strength, durability, and speed levels I was comparing her to Rogue w/ her Ms. Marvel powers. WW's able to lift thousands of tons, flies at near light-speed, and has enough durability to withstand blows from Superman - whose even stronger than she is. Rogue's good, but she can't take multiple blows from a person who can punch the light's out of Thor-level people. If WW was slower, she'd stand a chance, but as it is...Rogue wouldn't even get the chance to absorb her before WW punch's Rogue's head off clean off her shoulders.

I agree with you about Gambit. He needs to hit up Bella Donna and make it official again.
    I think it would add a new level of trust/danger to Rogue's character if she could control her absorbtion powers. She could no longer use the excuse that it was reflex, and all characters everywhere would have to trust her when they decided to touch her.

I love how Mike Carey has given Rogue a renaissance. He has left out the romantic angles for now, and I think he will handle any in the future excellently. My only fear/concern is that when/if he leaves the Xbook is how the new writer will treat Rogue. I suppose I could deal if she took more of a backseat, but if anyone ever retcons any of the current stuff I'll be livid! I am SO glad that Grant Morrison didn't get her for New Xmen because he was going to kill her off!
    I know your fear! Hopefully, after Carey's gone, we'll get a writer who won't just stick Rogue back together with Gambit.
    Last edited by RoguefanAM; 06-03-2007 at 03:08 PM.

YEY! ROGUE FANSSSS HOOOOO!!!! wait, that didnt sound right :D . it sounded much better with the thundercats.

I'll post more when i have can think of something longer to say. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue83 View Post
    Rogue Fans Only!

So I hated how she was treated in Xtreme Xmen towards the end. Like what Mike Carey's done with her lately. Miss the Ms. Marvel powers, but excited for possible changes in the future... (lets hope she loses sunfire's lame ass powers)?
    Rogue was at her best w/ the M. Marvel powers. I want to see her get into brawls with hulking super-villains that end up demolishing neighborhoods like she used to, and I'm tired of seeing her get her butt kicked, the sunfire powers haven't served her well.

Rogue absorbing/assuming the Witchblade??
    No! why cover up that pretty face with all that withcblade crap.

I would have loved to see Rogue beat up on WW.
    WW's got the strength and speed, but w/ her high durability Rogue could endure a beating long enough to pull off the power drain, (as long as WW isn't aware of that trick anyway).

Rogue actually having total control over her powers someday? Would it make her less interesting? ?
    Partial control would be better. But total control would end the relationship problems, the angst filled gambit relationship grew very tiresome.

No one. I liked her flirty w/ all the guys.

I haven't been following X-Men for the past few years, and just recently jumped back into the X-universe. I didn't even know that Rogue had lost her Ms. Marvel powers or that she had Sunfire's powers. I loved that Rogue was super strong, well nigh invincible, and could fly. I hope that she can get them back somehow, because as much as her absorption power, they too were a part of her.

I do like what Carey is doing with her, making her darker and more angsty. Her new abilities to kill with a touch are thrilling and scary and I hope that they don't scar her too badly.

I'm looking forward to what happens with Rogue with the next issue and how the death affects her.

A

You were saying? Vegetarian Goat's Avatar

I didn't even know there was one of these threads.

In conclusion, Rogue is awesome.
    Check out Comic Book Dude & Vegetarian Girl at http://www.veggiegoatcomics.com!

Rogue IS awesome, especially when she's conscious, hopefully we'll see her like that again soon.

Thank you so much for making this thread. I have plenty of Rogue scans I can provide. I love her :D

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Rogue was at her best w/ the M. Marvel powers. I want to see her get into brawls with hulking super-villains that end up demolishing neighborhoods like she used to, and I'm tired of seeing her get her butt kicked, the sunfire powers haven't served her well.

No! why cover up that pretty face with all that withcblade crap.

I would have loved to see Rogue beat up on WW.
    WW's got the strength and speed, but w/ her high durability Rogue could endure a beating long enough to pull off the power drain, (as long as WW isn't aware of that trick anyway).

Partial control would be better. But total control would end the relationship problems, the angst filled gambit relationship grew very tiresome.

No one. I liked her flirty w/ all the guys.

As a rogue fan, I'd like her to maintain that level of inability to control her absorption powers, it gave her a little drama and spice to her whole life, and i wouldnt want to change that. Also, I wish rogue had no real name, her current real name sucks imo. IF she does get back the ms. marvel powers, i'd like some subtle alterations/changes to those abilities, but i will leave that up to the fertile imagination of the writer who will write her (and hope he/she does a good job).

Let's see some pictures people!!!! i love this portrait of the xladies i posted a couple of threads back (and my all time fav rogue costume)

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh! There you are!?! KittyPryde's Avatar

For anyone who's missing Rogue, here's a little fix for you.

These statues (16" tall!) went up for pre-order today (including Adam Hughes Artwork)...a standard version (with no accompanying artwork) should go up not too far down the road.

At least check out the artwork and photos (14 photos there on the "Gallery" tab from a lot of angles) of the figure for a little Rogue fix! A good looking piece, with the old early/villainy Rogue hoodie costume (and an "effortless" walk through a concrete block wall). I just LOVE the stretchy full-length glove and the high-heeled boots!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=68261

One picture to give you a quick idea of how it looks:

EDIT: Exclusive version (with artwork) now sold out (although wait list may still be available)....sister entry (without artwork) is now up for sale; leaving link to Exclusive version above since the gallery has more pictures in that listing.
    Last edited by KittyPryde; 05-03-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The White-Spider View Post
    ...You're like the Wendy to our pirate battling lost boys. Genteel enough to bring an air of sophistication to our character wars, nice enough to set an example for forging alliances, and tough enough to kick butt when the situation demands.
    "Professor Xavier is a jerk!"
    http://mvn.com/nhl-thrashers/

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPryde View Post
    For anyone who's missing Rogue, here's a little fix for you.

These statues (16" tall!) went up for pre-order today (including Adam Hughes Artwork)...a slightly cheaper (with no accompanying artwork) version should go up not too far down the road

At least check out the artwork and photos (14 photos there on the "Gallery" tab from a lot of angles) of the figure for a little Rogue fix! A good looking piece, with the old eary/villainy Rogue hoodie costume (and an "effortless" walk through a concrete block wall). I just LOVE the stretchy full-length glove and the high-heeled boots!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=68261

One picture to give you a quick idea of how it looks:

That is really hot. I want one now.