Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Hello T51R, you there? Is Seicross still in?
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

WAAAAAAAAHAHHAHHA LAST PRESENTATION OF THE SEMESTER TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

Oh yer, Seicross is definitely in; he's one of the Principal Cast. And his FAX MACHINE OF DOOM will, as always, be hungry.:D
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Not Left-Handed Lord of Nonsensical Crap's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    WAAAAAAAAHAHHAHHA LAST PRESENTATION OF THE SEMESTER TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

Oh yer, Seicross is definitely in; he's one of the Principal Cast. And his FAX MACHINE OF DOOM will, as always, be hungry.:D

WAAAAHAHAHAHAAA THAT'S AWESOME! It's made all the more awesome by the fact that my essay will be done today, which means we can finally revitalise Mugen.

Looking forward to the next batch of pics, as always. In the meantime....because I am completely insane, I might try drawing (albeit badly) some Mugen moments of my own.

As soon as I find a scanner.
    "You see, I have been called whore-son on so many occasions by, well, everyone, that I am inclined to believe this. And the fact of the matter is, you look you have too big a stick up your ass to ever be with a lady o' the night, so you can't, in fact, be my good ol' papa."

The Emperor sighed, "I'll give you a ship."

"Wha'?"

"One that flies. Like the one I came in."

"Paint it black and you got yourself a deal."

Won the internet.

Hehehe my last essay was deivered TODAY!:D :D :D And yer we really need to get MUGEN kickstarted again, end-of-semester tribulatiosn always slowed it down eh?

I'll be doing a slight character revamp, as well as putting in development sketches from this point onwards for NODES:Web.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

A few questions.
    1. You imply that there will be camoes from other fictional works in NODES is that true?

2. What's the minimum power level you need to be to go to the City of Dreams?
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Not Left-Handed Lord of Nonsensical Crap's Avatar

Some other questions:

1. NODES:Web, canonically, is taking place after the events of Mugen Tournament, right? If so, as per FFR's question, will we be seeing cameos by Mugen characters?
    "You see, I have been called whore-son on so many occasions by, well, everyone, that I am inclined to believe this. And the fact of the matter is, you look you have too big a stick up your ass to ever be with a lady o' the night, so you can't, in fact, be my good ol' papa."

The Emperor sighed, "I'll give you a ship."

"Wha'?"

"One that flies. Like the one I came in."

"Paint it black and you got yourself a deal."

Won the internet.

1. You imply that there will be camoes from other fictional works in NODES is that true?
    Apart from being a comedy/drama/blood-and-gore work, there will also be cases of neurotic insanity, binge drinking, reckless driving and failed attempts to get boyfriends/girlfriends being spread to other Creations. Hair-pulling, frustration-induced-overdosing knows no limits.. :D

What's the minimum power level you need to be to go to the City of Dreams?
    See the sample on Page 1, where Heion professes what he thinks is "child-like." Heion himself doesn't/cannot comprehend that The City is there. The extent of Heion's power will be shown, and its mind-boggling to conceptual beings, standard-case Abstracts and top-level God/esses.

NODES:Web, canonically, is taking place after the events of Mugen Tournament, right? If so, as per FFR's question, will we be seeing cameos by Mugen characters?
    The "timestream" works very differently on both the NODES Plane and in The City; the events of MUGEN could have happened at any time. But we will see the purebred insanity spreading to other places. For instance, in Nodes:Zero, you will see the Planet Houston Universe. Could it go any further? Depends if there's enough potential for fun in it; I don't want to do any dark-and-gritty stuff just yet even though there will be some heart-rending installments. So I'd like to have something that will make everyone at least smile for an hour or two. Helps if they start laughing uncontrollably for no reason later on though. :D

Heion himself doesn't/cannot comprehend that The City is there.
    Does that mean everyone there is more powerful than a Disark Lord?

Also does other CoD entities need platforms to interact with lower realities like NODES do?

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

The "timestream" works very differently on both the NODES Plane and in The City; the events of MUGEN could have happened at any time. But we will see the purebred insanity spreading to other places. For instance, in Nodes:Zero, you will see the Planet Houston Universe. Could it go any further? Depends if there's enough potential for fun in it; I don't want to do any dark-and-gritty stuff just yet even though there will be some heart-rending installments. So I'd like to have something that will make everyone at least smile for an hour or two. Helps if they start laughing uncontrollably for no reason later on though. :D
    Hey, Mech. Can you explain to the people a little bit about the way Nodes:Zero will work. After all, it is MY universe you are covering in this issue.

Besides, I'd like to see one more page that you got done :D.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Valencia, Venezuela, feeling rather sucky. Or ducky.

The "timestream" works very differently on both the NODES Plane and in The City; the events of MUGEN could have happened at any time. But we will see the purebred insanity spreading to other places.
    Huh, I thought NODES Web and MUGEN would be two separate, alternate continuities...

Just like the lemon, LOL.

But anyway, guys, I'd say there's no need to make T51R to put in characters from any other continuities in this dream work of his if it detracts from the main NODE cast. OK, the Planet Houston crossover may be a good exception, but I'd suggest to let that world to develop itself fully before we see any more crossovers.

Does that mean everyone there is more powerful than a Disark Lord?

Also does other CoD entities need platforms to interact with lower realities like NODES do?
    Generally, yes. The Disark themselves did not know/think that The City simply was. Other people interact in their own way, each finds their own solutions. Again, there are no limits. So expect some wierd shit. :D

Hey, Mech. Can you explain to the people a little bit about the way Nodes:Zero will work. After all, it is MY universe you are covering in this issue.

Besides, I'd like to see one more page that you got done
    M8, its better not to tell the plot before the book is out.:p But I will say that Tiffany will have one of her innermost questions answered. And its the same question that many people ask.

Huh, I thought NODES Web and MUGEN would be two separate, alternate continuities...
    NODE units can and do operate in different and seperate Continuities simultaneously, or partially "out of phase" with them(hence "Phase Shifting" and also why they are equiped with weapons like the TSC, or Transcontinual Singularity Collapse) This is an advantage of the "Platform System" which makes it impossible for targets to escape, even if they run to disparate Creations, try to create "partitions" or generate new Creations to escape into altogether. So in truth, there are no alternate timelines or alternate universes/dimensions that are the norm in other fictional works. Expect crazier sh*t to happen because of this particular system. Especially for Yuuri. :D

As for the inclusion of trips to other continuities, note that there will be none of the "hero meets hero, gratitious fight between heroes, heroes team up and kick baddies' arse" stuff. It has been done to death, and N:Web is not a superhero comic or an action-adventure strip. It's about everyday life, so expect any crossovers to be about more daily and/or normal matters(ie. trying like mad to get Rave tickets, trying to find a good vacation spot, searching for the ultimate bungee jump, etc etc etc.) Remember, units can only intervene at the top level. But there's nothing to say they can't get(or steal, or beg) a daypass out of the resident OAA in order to grab some time off. (Which leads to many a OAA doing a Pedro:D )
    Last edited by T51R; 06-08-2007 at 04:16 AM.

Some sketches from development:

Meet Kouhii, Yuuri's ARAMUS unit(Angel) He's a sattellite type, and has a bad case of stuttering. :p Yes, he does have legs, but they're usually contained in the sphere in his sattellite form. Yes, he CAN merge with the parts around him, using them as heavy armour. Kouhii is the only ARAMUS to feature dual-modes: a medium-long range heavy strike, mode and a heavily armoured meelee combat mode. Likewise, the various parts can become different things.

M8, its better not to tell the plot before the book is out.:p But I will say that Tiffany will have one of her innermost questions answered. And its the same question that many people ask.
    [/SIZE]
    Man, it's just that I can't wait to see the inagural issue! The anxiety is killin' me. But I think I can enjoy it more if I didn't know how it's all going to turn out in the end.

At least can you PM me a Sayeka/Tiffany page once you make it to preview?
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa

Quote Originally Posted by J Dog View Post
    Man, it's just that I can't wait to see the inagural issue! The anxiety is killin' me. But I think I can enjoy it more if I didn't know how it's all going to turn out in the end.

At least can you PM me a Sayeka/Tiffany page once you make it to preview?
    Yer no probs with that! I'll also PM you the storyline background ince it's getting to tose pages and I eed to get your OK for the portrayels of your characters.

Yer no probs with that! I'll also PM you the storyline background ince it's getting to tose pages and I eed to get your OK for the portrayels of your characters.
    Yeah, you do that. I mean, I want you to do my chars correctly, so I appreciate that. Let's get started as soon as possible, 'k?
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa