Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

I do not mean to bump up this thread, but I am glad that you are still drawing NODES, Mech. I apoligize for not being in regular contact, but I had felt that given all of the stuff you were dealing with that NODES would've been put on the shelf.

I'm really happy the comic is still going on.

Hey man, good to see you again. Yer, I thought so too but the comic's really helping to help me deal with things as they are right now. I have to admit though, I really underestimated what it would take to produce a webcomic if I wanted to do it properly, with acceptable art and story/page flow. I don't want to imagine what it would take to publish in hardcopy!

I think I have some idea now why it takes people so much time to get good at this. Five, six years now since concept for just this work?
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Hey man, good to see you again. Yer, I thought so too but the comic's really helping to help me deal with things as they are right now. I have to admit though, I really underestimated what it would take to produce a webcomic if I wanted to do it properly, with acceptable art and story/page flow. I don't want to imagine what it would take to publish in hardcopy!

I think I have some idea now why it takes people so much time to get good at this. Five, six years now since concept for just this work?
    To achieve perfection, or at least maintaining a great product, requires a lot of time and effort. I think you just didn't realize the task needed to work on the comic. However, the fact that you're doing this and you're going to try and maintain this on a consistant basis shows just how much you care about the comic.

Well, to be fair, a lot of ideas take many years to achieve (such as my own comic, as you're familiar with), and I do look forward to you being able to get into a rhythm so you can work at this level and produce an entire issue in a smaller window of time (maybe one issue every two or three months early on). I'm just happy that NODES is helping you out the way it is. :)

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I think you just didn't realize the task needed to work on the comic.
    Yer, you hit the nail on the head right there. I realize, now, that it's so, so much more than just being able to draw. But, I started this, and I'll damned well finish.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Yer, you hit the nail on the head right there. I realize, now, that it's so, so much more than just being able to draw. But, I started this, and I'll damned well finish.
    You better!

But, seriously, there is no greater sense of accomplishment than completing a long-desired task, no matter how Herculean.

Page 8. Beginning the "back-forth within the context" testing... Sorry about the "testing programme" mentality, its become a habit. I learned the hard way to test things before release(read: rather expensive engine went "boom.")
    Last edited by T51R; 03-14-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Page 9. Hmm, I don't think I'm very satisfied with the layout and the resulting conveyance of the visual message. Need to work on that some more.

Page 10.

Technical question: how hard was it to design all of those memory "cubes"? I know they were simple to draw, but as far as coming up with ideas as to how her personal memories could be depicted.

Replied in PM.

Page 11. Changed dialogue font. Legibility issues at this scale.

PAGE 12.
    Font formatting changed slightly. Previous one better it looks like.

At least you now are getting into the groove. I do look forward to what'll be a basic Q&A session that may go into something more... deep and pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    At least you now are getting into the groove. I do look forward to what'll be a basic Q&A session that may go into something more... deep and pronounced.
    Well, to be fair to the owners of this site(Jonah, I think it is) I feel that anything to do with the comic proper should be contained within the site dedicated to the comic proper. So yer, anything to do with NODES: Web will be addressed wherever its hosted, I think it should be this way. I hope that this thread will keep going post-launch though. It would be a good place to put up all the failed stuff or the things that didn't pass QA. OR the things that just didn't make it.

Its getting there groove-wise, definitely. But there's areas I still want to improve, especially in delivery. Its almost there though. Its taken a long while but I feel alright that I can visually deliver what's in my head now, and tell a story with it.

Well, to be fair to the owners of this site(Jonah, I think it is) I feel that anything to do with the comic proper should be contained within the site dedicated to the comic proper. So yer, anything to do with NODES: Web will be addressed wherever its hosted, I think it should be this way. I hope that this thread will keep going post-launch though. It would be a good place to put up all the failed stuff or the things that didn't pass QA. OR the things that just didn't make it.

Its getting there groove-wise, definitely. But there's areas I still want to improve, especially in delivery. Its almost there though. Its taken a long while but I feel alright that I can visually deliver what's in my head now, and tell a story with it.
    Well, I really meant to refer to the duo starting to converse into a large-scale conversation. I really didn't mean it like that way.

And, to be fair, I'm the same way with Planet Houston. I'm happy with what I got, but I can improve on designing a locale or character, or changing the script to improve on the delivery. So, I'm like you as far as trying to find that groove.