Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default NODES: Web pre-production Thread[Artwork]

Well, since things are on the way and the artwork is progressing well(albeit slowly, due to the quality that I want) I decided to make a progress thread that moves towards the launch date. Now, I know I wanted to webcast by April, but I fatally underestimated how much time it takes to design and build up pages that would make readers happy(and not scorch their eyes out with information overload) So, here's a small cover-story from an earlier thread on Rumbles:

Title: NODES:Web
    Genre: Comedy/drama/blood and gore

General overview: Think "Friends," add in a dash of "Felicity," then a pinch of "Desperate Housewives." Bring to a boil. Add two spoonfuls of "Ah! My Goddess" and a cup of "Fist of the North Star." Then toss in a shitload of "Jackass" and bring to a boil. Serve in a bowl of exploding multiple-omniverse with lawsuits filed by their related and/or Creator deities sprinkled on top. Welcome to the world of NODES:web. "Over-power" will never be the same again. :D

About: What's a guy or girl to do when time doesn't exist? Where to go for a good cup of coffee or pancakes when the place you're in has no end? Where's a good spot for a barbecue when you exist in a place where dimensions are irrelevant things, and people use omniverses for deco, golf balls and explosives for digging a pool? How do you react when you find the universe wedged in your neighbour's nostril has choked him to death overnight, together with the hamster lodged in his throat? Is there anything to look forward to when Death cannot exist where you are, because it is a place of infinites?

And why are there two homelss Djinn knocking at your door, trying to sell you wishes that could make you, literally, God? They grab you on your way out. One of them snaps your leg while trying to sell you a multiverse full of catgirls. The other snaps your neck while saying they need a couple bucks for breakfast. Of course, you hand them ten bucks. You get three multiverses for the price of one.

Welcome to the City of Dreams. Take a shower, gel up that hair, put on some clean boxers and don't spare the deodourant. It's a special day, and someone's waiting for you outside the Gate. Get in the Mustang, start her up and peel out of the driveway while the guy next door yells "Keep it down" so loud it knocks the 'Verses off his porch. It doesn't even scratch your paint. Stop by the diner for enough time to grab a sandwich, coffee and a pack of ciggies. Tell Misha you'll pay her in the evening. While you were dead one of the Djinn stole your wallet. Back in the 'Stang; time's a wasting. Run the lights, Phase Shift through the traffic while the Angel hanging out of your back is yelling at everyone to get out of the way in every language except the one everyone understands.

Get to the lot, spend the time looking for a spot eating breakfast. Choke. Die. Come back just in time for someone to fill the spot you were looking at. Double park. Catch the train. After falling onto the track and getting dragged along under it to the pint you disintegrate. Come back again, jump off at the last station and hop on the bus. But watch the door. Too late. It clipped your head off. Come back, find yourself a seat. Least you still have your bus-pass.

Make it to the Gate ten minutes late. The kid outside's crying his head off. Shift through. He panics the second he sees you, and blows a hole in your chest with a blast that's enough to fry half a million dimensions. With a bazooka. Crap. Come back from that, get him to stop crying, and bring him in. Shift both him and you past the infinity theshold a few times over. You're at the Citadel. Take him inside. The Fates will find him a place to grow up, with people who will love him. "You can go now," Obsidian says. You ask her out. Again. She shoots you in the head with a 50cal, loaded with a bullet that's specially designed to trans-reality snipe hyper-dimensional cores. Well, at least it wasn't her sister. She deals with high explosives.

Get back to the lot after a hell of a train ride. Doesnt help that a cannibalistic foreign student ate your brain on the bus. Find that your car has been towed.

You're stuck. No money, no ride, a bus pass in your pocket and your ARAMUS unit's getting hungry. You look up. The suns are barely over the horizon. Good morning, Nudoru. It's going to be another one of those days.

:D

(c) NODES:Web, its characters and all associated elements are the intellectual property and Copyright of Sherwyn Tan, 2006

Sample page from NODES:Zero:

I'll be putting up character art with revamps, story progressions as well as the background stuff as it gets generated.

Please, enjoy!:)
    Last edited by T51R; 06-03-2007 at 12:37 AM.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Yay NODES! Is that Nudoru saying peekaboo?
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Nah, NODES: Zero features Sayaka and Kosei. Nudoru and Miso will feature in the origin arc, after Zero.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Previously posted artwork:

^^^Kanraku(Kan)

^^^Yuuri

Not Left-Handed Lord of Nonsensical Crap's Avatar

Awesomness, T51R. Pure, badass awesomeness. I'm definitely looking forward to more drawn NODES:Web stuff.
    "You see, I have been called whore-son on so many occasions by, well, everyone, that I am inclined to believe this. And the fact of the matter is, you look you have too big a stick up your ass to ever be with a lady o' the night, so you can't, in fact, be my good ol' papa."

The Emperor sighed, "I'll give you a ship."

"Wha'?"

"One that flies. Like the one I came in."

"Paint it black and you got yourself a deal."

Won the internet.

Thanks for that m8, here's something a bit older:

Oh yeah, I remember that little promo. I actually once wrote a teaser trailer for Mugen tournament based on it.
    "You see, I have been called whore-son on so many occasions by, well, everyone, that I am inclined to believe this. And the fact of the matter is, you look you have too big a stick up your ass to ever be with a lady o' the night, so you can't, in fact, be my good ol' papa."

"Wha'?"

Won the internet.

Talking

I just hope the internet can handle all this Power and Win.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Oh yeah, I remember that little promo. I actually once wrote a teaser trailer for Mugen tournament based on it.
    Yer I remember that one, was pretty long ago wasn't it?

I just hope the internet can handle all this Power and Win.
    In the (slightly bastardized) words of Tetsuo Hara, "Next: its the stoopidest trip to the movies ever, IT'S YOU WHO WILL DIE!" :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Yer I remember that one, was pretty long ago wasn't it?

In the (slightly bastardized) words of Tetsuo Hara, "Next: its the stoopidest trip to the movies ever, IT'S YOU WHO WILL DIE!" :D :D :D
    That trailer was for a "Make your own trailers" thread on rumbles, which was...maybe 4 months ago. I can't remember.

"Wha'?"

Won the internet.

Question, how many NODES are their? And will you be showing all of them or just some?

There's a principal cast, but there is an indefinite number of them. How many more get developed further will depend on the needs. The primary cast also includes a further 32 characters.

In the City of Dreams, mathematical concepts do not apply. :evilsmile

In the City of Dreams, mathematical concepts do not apply.
    The other snaps your neck while saying they need a couple bucks for breakfast. Of course, you hand them ten bucks. You get three multiverses for the price of one.
    I don't know that sounds like alot of concepts to me;).

Thanks for spotting that m8! .:) :) :) Guess that's what the thread's about; finalizing stuff and ironing out the inconsistancies [wish it could help finalize my last assignments though]

Thanks for spotting that m8! . Guess that's what the thread's about; finalizing stuff and ironing out the inconsistancies [wish it could help finalize my last assignments though]
    You were serious?

At any rate i hope one of those 32 badassess is Seicross.

Edit: Seicross is still in isn't he?
    Last edited by Farealmer; 06-05-2007 at 12:14 PM.