Page 1 of 111 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default JLAvengersLeague 2007 Sign-up and questions

Welcome eveyone to the newest League. It is the JLAvengers LEague and it is just like the Marvel, DC and Mutant leagues, but different at the same time. This is will be a mega event for years to come. ANd it will be a lot of fun. Here's how it will work 16 people (you people) will pm me or post in the thread that you want to join up. Next week sometime the draft will be begin. In random order, you will chose 1 character from the draft list which is from Marvel and DC. Each rd will either be a Marvel or DC round only. The characters will join your team. After all the teams have been chosen, a schedule will be set and the teams will begin to battle.

Each team will get 7 characters, no point. Three have to be from Marvel and Three from DC. And the 7th will be a twist. These requirements have to be met. Only characters that were in the JLA/Avengers crossover are allowed even if it was a cameo. Unless they are too powerful Galactus, Krona, Spectre, Kismet, Odin, etc and The Flashes will be limited. To see all the rules go to the JLAvengers League website at

http://rondre26.bravehost.com.

This is a different type of league in some ways I hope everyone gives it a try.

The battles will be won by submitting a strategy on how you will defeat the other team.

I have to Thank some people Brian Cronin for letting me run the LEague on this forum.

mattbib for letting me run the league in the summer instead of the Avengers League.

Jessica Drew for helping me run the league and giving me ideas.

And also Sean Whitmore for also helping run the League.

If you have any questions be free to ask me or PM me.

If you can't get in contact with me talk to either Jessica Drew or Sean Whitmore.

If you have complaint or request also let me know.

What are you waiting for sign-up? You will not regret it.

Draft list and order

1 Schornforce-Martian Manhunter, Dr. Doom, Impulse, Agent Smith

2 Lex-Hour Man Android, Awesome Android, Captain Marvel (DC)

3 Tommy-zantanna, Sersi, Darkseid

4 Jared_Humphery-Cyborg Superman, Molecule Man, The Eradicator, Psimon

5 Sophisticated Gamer-Dr. Fate, Quicksilver, Doomsday, Mumm-Ra

6 Dark Soul #7-General Eiling,

7 Mike Smash/ragnorak_2012-Sinestro, Professor Hulk, Felix Faust, Black Alice, Namor

8 Kara Zor El-Power Ring, Spider-man, The Fury, Skeletor, Fin Fang Foom

9 element13-Power Girl, Photon, Starfire, Hot Rod, Moondragon

10 Froggy-The Flash(Wally West), Hyperion, Coldcast, Gladitor

11 Joe Acro-Hal Jordan, Dr Strange, Red Tornado, Predator

12 Spidey-kid 1-Solomon Grundy,

13 Mikl C-Silver Banshee, Thor, Mongul, Shao Kahn, Firestar

14 Rondre Sleaze-Firestorm, Beta Ray Bill, John Stewart, Jean Grey, Super Skrull

15 Dipset Byrd Gang-Kilowog, Magneto, Lion-O, Warbird, Ultra Man

16 Sean Whitmore/Jessica Drew-Electric Superman, Exodus, Mandarin, Scarlett Witch Kyle Raynor
    Last edited by rondre sleazde; 06-04-2007 at 05:18 PM.

This is bad comedy. Schornforce's Avatar

I'm in. :)

Any chance of posting a list of eligible characters? I only have JLA/Avengers #1.
    Last edited by Schornforce; 05-24-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I'm in........
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

I'll do it.

Just don't scratch it. Jessica Drew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    I'm in. :)

Any chance of posting a list of eligible characters? I only have JLA/Avengers #1.
    The list of characters can be found on the "draft list" part of the menu at the site in the link in the first post.
    2005 DC League Champion: Superboy, Troia, Guy Gardner, Brainwave II, Brainiac 5, and Scarecrow

I'm definately in.

This sounds like a fun and challenging League. I like the capture the flag element. That opens up a lot of potential for creativity.

When I first heard about this League, I was worried that it would be limited to JLA and Avengers members. But I like that we can also choose the heroes and villains that showed up in the JLA/Avengers mini. That gives us a lot of options. I was just looking through the 3rd and 4th issues, and there is a huge ammount of characters that appear. I saw New Warriors, Teen Titans, Defenders, Infinity Inc. memeber, etc. And tons of villains.

I also like that the battle locations can add some challenges. I imagine that if one of the locals is Monster Island, we'll have to watch out for Fin Fang Foom.

This should be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to playing.

Oh, I just saw the draft lists. Interesting. Does it mean anything that the lists are split into two sections? And it seems like you guys might have missed a few characters, but that's understandable with how fast and furious they were throwing in cameos.

And I'm not sure I like the twist characters. The ones that fit into a superhero scenario, like Captain Planet, are fine. But Transformers? And whatever Akuma is? I don't know about that.

the split means nothing it is just the way that the website is.

Transformers and Akuma are all comic book characters.

I will take care of you trust you. :D

What characters are we missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Drew View Post
    The list of characters can be found on the "draft list" part of the menu at the site in the link in the first post.
    LOL I had looked at only the links in blue at top and completely passed over the grey links. Thanks.

Okay, I'll give the twist characters a chance. It could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipset Byrd Gang View Post
    What characters are we missing.
    It looks like you've got all the important cameo characters. I just enjoy playing the really obscure characters in these tounaments. You saw me in the DC League. I picked Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man over many more-well-known characters. So for normal people your list is perfectly fine, but for a freak like me I spotted several glaring omissions.

But I think you guys caught most of the Marvel characters.

DC

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
    Vixen
    Steel (Hank Heywood)
    Vibe
    Ice
    Icemaiden
    Icicle
    Captain Cold
    Heatwave
    Shadow Thief
    Big Sir
    Clock King
    Cluemaster
    Major Disaster
    Multi-Man
    Maya
    Tomorrow Woman
    Halo
    Jericho
    Prysm
    Risk
    Fury
    Nuklon
    Star-Spangled Kid
    Shrapnel (You mislabelled him "Metallo")
    Silver Swan
    Bloodsport
    Mammoth
    Royal Flush Gang: Ten, Jack, Queen, King, Ace
    G'Nort
    Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)
    Dr. Light (Kimyo Hoshi)
    Weapons Master
    Blue Jay
    Gorgon
    Tracer
    Lord Havok
    Dreamslayer
    Doctor Diehard
    Solomon Grundy
    Obsidian
    Faceless Hunter from Saturn
    Hyena
    Ibac
    Rampage
    Black Condor
    Dr. Spectro
    Killer Moth

Marvel

Awesome Android
    Gargoyle
    Silverclaw
    Stingray
    Crimson Dynamo
    Nebula
    Baron Zemo
    Shocker
    Big Bertha
    Human Torch (Jim Hammond)
    Demolition Man
    Machine Man
    Hobgoblin

After looking at the list, I think the following may be too powerful:

29. Darkseid- I guess he might be okay, since Superman's beat him twice, but really, he's a very high level threat to an entire team by himself. Putting him with 6 others seems like overkill. Plus the omega effect is often a one shot disintegration attack that homes in on its target. Also, depending on who you talk to, low end description is that it's an uber-powerful energy blast, high end, it erases someone's existence throughout time or something.

14. Doomsday- is he 'brainless' always enraged uber-Doomsday here? The one who can adapt to ANYTHING? Or is he the weaker, but far more nebulous in terms of powers current smarter one?

43. Phantom Stranger- you say in the sidebar he's too powerful, but he's on the list.

Phantom Stranger is out. I don't know about Doomsday or Jobberseid.

Let me get back to you.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Doomsday as he is currently doesn't seem like he's too powerful for the draft. Superman dusted him rather handily the last time they fought solo, and two Supermen took him down without breaking a sweat. For all intents and purposes, he seems to be at "Hulk" level now.

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    Doomsday as he is currently doesn't seem like he's too powerful for the draft. Superman dusted him rather handily the last time they fought solo, and two Supermen took him down without breaking a sweat. For all intents and purposes, he seems to be at "Hulk" level now.

SEAN
    Okey dokey, so he doesn't have the deus ex machina "that doesn't affect me HAHA! I've adapted!" power anymore, correct? i.e. GL's ring, magic, telepathy etc. should affect him like any major brick now, right?

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    Okey dokey, so he doesn't have the deus ex machina "that doesn't affect me HAHA! I've adapted!" power anymore, correct? i.e. GL's ring, magic, telepathy etc. should affect him like any major brick now, right?
    I would have to assume so, though I can't be certain. DBG?

He hasn't figured out how to adapt to being beaten unconscious, I know that. :)

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.