Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Comics Solicitations for Product Shipping August, 2007

DC Comics has released their solicitation text and cover images for comics shipping August, 2007 and we've got the full listing for ya.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10619

Wow for once DC has me excited. I'm a little surprised how much more attention the Amazon Attacks story is actually getting with tie ins and all. I might have to jump on this again. Thing I look forward to the most though has got to be the outsiders specials. Totally cool and flash looks good. Oh what do you know the least exciting looking thing is countdown. no surprise there.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS?!?!?!?!?!

The Showcase collection (which started yesterday because one of my friends gave me Aquaman, Phantom Stranger, COTU and Green Arrow) continues!!!!!!! :D

Lets see, Tony Bedard is having a busy month, isn't he?

First he is killing off Sin in the Black Canary series, and then he is killing off a New God, probably Barda, over in Birds of Prey.

Quote Originally Posted by TCJohnson View Post

First he is killing off Sin in the Black Canary series, and then he is killing off a New God, probably Barda, over in Birds of Prey.
    Kids in comics dont die.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

I'll give Booster Gold a try, sounds interesting.

I'm definitely excited for the Metal Men.

I'll probably pick up those Outsiders one-shots. I think we should get to vote for which one-shot writer gets to replace Judd Winnick on the main book, American Idol-style, afterwards. :p

I plan to get the Dr. Thirteen TPB as well.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Quote Originally Posted by TCJohnson View Post

He's the Chris Yost of DC. :p

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Kids in comics dont die.
    Tell that to Geoff Johns and Will Pfeifer.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Default the hell???

Superman # 666...MWAH- HAHAHAHAHAHAAA...
    Detective Comics squandered a great oppurtunity when it hit that number during the Knightfall arc several years ago...Pretty cool to see Supes will be having a hell of a time!:evilsmile

Countdown to Adventure
    "... in the 8-page backup, from the pages of COUNTDOWN, it's a tale of Forerunner! Find out more about this awesome new character and her relationship with the Monitors." Forerunner is an antonym for Harbinger. Oh god, are we counting down to Crisis 3? Crisis In Multiple Universes?

Adam Hughes needs to do a monthly book. His art is too gorgeous to restrict to covers!

Booster Gold might be worth a look--anyone else notice the E2 Robin(LOVE that costume!) and Dark Knight Carrie Kelley on the cover? Awesome.

I HATE LOBO....That tool is in too many comics this month(two is WAY too many).

The armored JLA from Justice looks totally badass...can't wait to see toys of them!

Alex Ross' Power Girl cover needs to be made into a poster STAT!*drools* Wonder who his model for it was? Is Kara going to return to E2? Can't wait to see.

That Kid Amazo series was supposed to come out years ago! I wonder what the hold up was?

METAL MEN! HELL YEAH! Wait, it's only an 8-issue mini??? *groan* Come on DC, give us monthly metal!And bring back the Gas Gang! "Sodium, fizz them to death!" Gotta say, I don't like the new design for Lead--he looks dim-witted.

Sword of the Atom is going to trade? Yeah buddy! I am so there! I had the special, but lost it when I moved. Can't wait to see that groovy Gil Kane art!
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 05-21-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: strictly for my ninjas
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Captain Carrot Showcase? Keen.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Default What the?!?

Captain carrot???? Batman &The Outsiders???? These are the choices DC has made to decide which books the fans are clamoring for in collected format??? What the????
    There are WAAAYYYY more books out there that should be collected before these two collections. What ever happened to the Showcase version of Who's Who? DC are you just trying to package whatever you had lying around collecting dust? I would love to know what specifically is your criteria for chosing the Showcase collections or even the TPB's. Sword of the Atom?!?
    I do not get it at all.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

With McKeever on Teen Titans it is going into my pull-list.
    I might also going to try out the four horsemen thing, seems cool.

It's interesting they are reprinting Power Of The Atom to tie into Countdown. It'd be nice if that prompted them also to collect the entire run of Walt Simonson's Orion.

Correctly colored Countdown cover

Should get back to work. RichStanz's Avatar

May pick up Superman #666. It sounds too fun, too crazy to pass up.

Def. getting: Sword of the Atom, Captain Carrot, and the Dr. 13 collections.

Glad to see Teen Titans and Blue Beetle getting some love. Lobo will be a fun foil.

Keith Giffen - new ongoing writer for Midnighter - hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Kids in comics dont die.
    HAHAHAHA

Tell that to Deadshot's raped son.