Now that spoilt, rich girl, Paris Hilton is going to jail, I've been wondering if there is a consistent theme of beautiful, rich girl, which many of us find attractive.
Consider these examples:
1) Veronica Cartwright, Archie's perennial girlfriend, is a spolt rich girl, and Archie prefers her to blonde Betty;
2) In Cheers, Woody's character gets married to blonde, rich girlfriend, who doesn't come across as a genius by any stretch of the imagination;
3) Hal Jordan, who is Green Lantern, had his love affair with Carol Ferris, the rich heiress, and his alter-ego was forever being chased by Star Sapphire (a constant theme a couple of decades before COIE);
4) The 1970's TV series, Buck Rogers, had Princess Ardala forever trying to nab him. And a princess is presumably very wealthy.
Contrast this to the girls of working class background:
1) Lois Lane is Superman's girlfriend and is presumably working class;
2) Lana Lang from Smallville is also working class;
3) Gwen Stacey, Spiderman's first, deceased girlfriend, was from a working class - her father was a police officer
4) Mary Jane Watson is also from a working class family.
With these two contrary themes, can we draw any distinction as to whether we prefer the Paris Hilton's to the Mary Jane Watson's ... or vice versa?