Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolfman #1

Default Wolfman #1

Anyone like it? Im not hooked but I am going to give it a shot because Kirkman made it. I love the idea of a horror/hero book but the drawing really is not my style. I like more detailed drawing.

BANNED

Iam hooked I dont know why probally cause kirkman is really drawing towards this book. cause there are so many cool possiblitys that he can use with it.

I thought it was a great start, and it being free should give the book a good start. Mr.Kirkman continues his monthy quest to make my wallet lighter. :evilangry

My only problem with it is that it was over too soon.

I can never buy single issues when it comes to Kirkman's work - I always want more. I'll wait for the trades (or hardcovers?) with this one like I do with Invincible.

If you really want this book to continue you might want to fork over the money for the single issues. A book like this is going to have a hard start if people are going to wait for the trades.

I enjoyed the hell out of this book. What makes it even better was that it was FREE! It is going on my pull list next time I go to the shop. I really liked the art as well.

Fine book.

One thing,however.aren't Kirkman and Howard afraid of a lawsuit from Universal Pictures?
    Show me a bitter nazi and I'll show you a sour kraut.

Check out my gallery at :http://r-gonz.deviantart.com/

I liked it quite a bit. I love me some werewolves and we'll be picking up the next issue.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Iam hooked I dont know why probally cause kirkman is really drawing towards this book. cause there are so many cool possiblitys that he can use with it.
    I have to Totaly agree with you

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

really enjoyed this. I like the artstyle, kinda like Balthazar's werewolf boy (sorry, can NOT recall the proper title) which is what drew me to it, initially, with Kirkman's writing making it a positive for preordering. Glad to see it in the FCBD edition, which confirmed my choice (whew). Looking forward to this story. Used to be a werewolf cop in... Astro City?.. which worked really well as a 'monster/superhero' story.

Matt
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

It's plenty good for a free book, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Walking Dead is special because it's unlike any other zombie story out there. But what's unique about Wolfman? Nothing. It's the same stuff we've seen over and over again.

What happens if you missed out on Saturday? Do you have to pay for it? Is it the same copy? Or was it only available free for one day?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
    What happens if you missed out on Saturday? Do you have to pay for it? Is it the same copy? Or was it only available free for one day?
    No if you missed out on the Issue you cant get it again that is what Kirkman wanted. Your best bet is either Ebay or wait for the Trade to come out..........you should of gotten to Free Comic Book Day earlier;)
    Last edited by TheKerrMan; 05-07-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: ddd

Quote Originally Posted by TheKerrMan View Post
    No if you missed out on the Issue you cant get it again that is what Kirkman wanted. Your best bet is either Ebay or wait for the Trade to come out..........you should of gotten to Free Comic Book Day earlier;)
    Damn Thing is, it's a lot easier for some people to get to shops involved in FCBD than others. Anyway, I don't like jumping in a series part way through, so I won't buy the others. You listening Kirkman? :p

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
    A directors cut version will be available for purchase, so you don't have to wait for the trade but you do have to buy it.