Default Taskmaster VS Mister X: no holds barred.

Mister X: an enemy of wolverine
    his powers Mister X possesses minor telepathic abilities that he is able to use in order to predict the fighting moves of any opponent he engages. These abilities allow him to "see" what his opponent will do to the point that he is already several steps ahead of them. The combination of his skills and these psionic powers was sufficient for X to defeat the Taskmaster, who is one of the finest combatants on Earth, and make it look easy.

X possesses the physical capabilities of a man that is in the peak of physical condition. His physical abilities of strength, speed, stamina, agility, and reaction time are on par with those of Captain America. X is a master of many different forms of combat, including various martial arts from Africa, Asia, and the Americas. X is also highly proficient with a variety of weaponry including swords, knives, staffs, and firearms. He also has an uncanny tolerance for physical pain and may be a masochist

Taskmaster:
    Taskmaster possesses a mutant power which is a unique form of photographic memory that ties directly into his muscle memory, giving him an ability he refers to as "photographic reflexes." This ability enables him to watch another person's physical movements and duplicate them without practice as long as it is physically possible for an ordinary human to accomplish. This powers is only limited by its inability to mimic the superhuman powers of others, and by the fact that the Taskmaster does not have superhuman strength or other superhuman attributes. He is capable of emulating the styles of, among others, Daredevil, Wolverine, Captain America, Elektra, Spider-Man, the Punisher, and Deadpool. In addition, he is a very capable marksman, able to emulate Bullseye's perfect aim, as well as that of the Punisher and Hawkeye.

Taskmaster's power to duplicate the abilities of others is purely dependent on sight, and restricted to physical motions. For example, he could copy a virtuoso pianist's performance by watching him play, but would not gain the ability to read sheet music. As a child, he almost drowned when he perfectly duplicated another swimmer's dive, forgetting that he had not yet learned how to swim once he hit the water.

Once Taskmaster has assimilated another fighter's style, he is often able to predict his opponent's next move. However, this advantage can be negated by a fighters who are unpredictable, such as Deadpool and Wolverine.

Taskmaster has had his scientists duplicate versions of a variety of weapons used by Marvel characters, which he can use with nearly as great facility as their respective owners. In the past, he carried duplicates of Daredevil's billy club, Hawkeye's trick arrows and bow, and Captain America's shield. He also carried a sword, a lasso, and a Colt .45 semi-automatic pistol. He has recently been seen throwing "crescent darts" during his bout with Moon Knight, in imitation of Moon Knight's fighting methods (However, Taskmaster has said he prefers not to use Moon Knight's style, since Moon Knight would rather take a punch than dodge it).

Taskmaster's character was considerably revised in a 2002 UDON-created miniseries, which itself led into repeated appearances in the UDON drawn series', Deadpool and Agent X. Most visibly, he wore a costume apparently modeled after tactical body armor, with the addition of a skull mask, replacing his pirate-themed garb. (In his recent appearances in Moon Knight and Civil War, Taskmaster has returned to his old costume.) Taskmaster also ceased carrying an arsenal of duplicate weapons. Instead, his armament now consists primarily of a pair of semi-automatic handguns and a katana, which he wields with the fighting style of the Silver Samurai. He also carries a prototype wrist-mounted device, stolen from S.H.I.E.L.D., which can spontaneously create simple shapes out of solid energy, saving him the trouble of weighing himself down with many weapons. He is fond of using the device to create copies of Captain America's shield and Spider-Man's webbing. Taskmaster also used a holographic device to disguise his appearance and impersonate others.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Didn't Mister X already defeat Taskmaster in a comic?

Taskmaster has displayed bullet-time reflexes and speed in the past. However, his ability to mimic and to 'predict' (based on his assimulation of his opponant's skillset) is largely nullified by the fact that Mr. X will be altering his own attacks based on what he KNOWS Taskmaster will do (due to his telepathy).

Mr. X has the superior ability - Taskmaster has superior speed, which has been demonstrated to burn him out quickly (he's a short-term bullet-timer). At present, I want to see what others have to say - I'm not an expert on either character.

BANNED

Mr. X has the superior ability - Taskmaster has superior speed, which has been demonstrated to burn him out quickly (he's a short-term bullet-timer). At present, I want to see what others have to say - I'm not an expert on either character.
    You are correct about taskmaster's bullet time speed. However, it should be noted that when he performed the bullet catching, he was not using the double time feature. I'm of the opinion that tasky is a low level bullet timer without using double time, but the official ruling says otherwise as of right now.

It should also be noted that he was able to effectively blitz a bullet timer(Isley) using his double time. Isley said: "Impossible! No man can move that fast", after tasky rocked him a few in the face. Given that feat, I'd say his double time speed is little bit above that of your average bullet timer.

GS still hasn't gotten back to me regarding whether or not taskmaster in non double time mode is a bullet timer.

It's a bit of a ruling in progress. As are some other subjects I've laid at GS's feet.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsdacat View Post
    You are correct about taskmaster's bullet time speed. However, it should be noted that when he performed the bullet catching, he was not using the double time feature. I'm of the opinion that tasky is a low level bullet timer without using double time, but the official ruling says otherwise as of right now.
    Hang on - I recall him doing the bullet catching after he said he went back and watched his tapes at double speed. If I'm incorrect, then I'll have to change my stance on this fight.

Would it be possible to get the scans posted again? I'd like to see the feat again, and check out the blitzing. :)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hang on - I recall him doing the bullet catching after he said he went back and watched his tapes at double speed. If I'm incorrect, then I'll have to change my stance on this fight.

Would it be possible to get the scans posted again? I'd like to see the feat again, and check out the blitzing. :)
    He may have watched the tapes at double time, I don't know, but he wasn't using his double time. I'm basing this off of how tasky's double time is depicted when he actually uses it. There's an afterimage of sorts when he uses his double time.

See the blur effect?

Now look at this:

There is no blur effect at all here. It seems to me that he's doing nothing more than reacting. I could be wrong though. Was tasky in fact using his double time? I really don't think so, but if you know please tell me. I want to be accurate here. :D

Sorry sharp I don't have the whole fight. It's quite clear to me at least, that tasky was moving a fair bit faster than Isley, who is also a bullet timer. Tasky didn't seem to be especially tired either, not that I deny his double time ability affecting his person tremendously. Also, I don't think tasky can blitz someone and put them down, I think he can blitz just to gain the upperhand in a fight, if that makes sense.

Upon further inspection tasky makes a note during his bout with Isley that had he not reviewed his reference material in double time, which I assume is Isley himself, he would be eating his own teeth. So perhaps he was using double time to catch the bullet. Hmmm....
    Last edited by biggsdacat; 04-30-2007 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks! Good scans. I have the more of the fight somewhere, but it's at home.

Here's my take on the scans:

Given that the double-time reference comes BEFORE he catches the bullet, I'd say that the blurring is special effects only, and he's still in double-time at the point of catching the darned things. That's my best guess. Isley stunned him with his speed before, in catching the bullet. He comes back later, double-times Isley, then catches the bullet. There's no reason to believe his speed would have dropped down to 'normal' levels between him duking it out with Isley, and him catching the bullet.

Milage may vary. :)

Still, it does indicate that he's a fair bit faster than Isley. Perhaps mid- to high-end bullet timer (as if we can quantify such thing! :).

Given his peak-human stats, I suspect that Tasky can quite easily blitz another peak human and give them quite a beatdown, especially if employing Daredevil-type skills.

At present, if Tasky is going Double-Speed, I would give him 7/10 against Mr. X. The other 3/10 comes from X's telepathy giving him enough defense against Tasky's attacks to survive long enough for Tasky to start to tire (other posters have posted regarding the fact that Taskmaster gets tired quickly in Double-time...I'd like to see scans, but I can believe it, if it's not his normal speed).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Thanks! Good scans. I have the more of the fight somewhere, but it's at home.

Here's my take on the scans:

Given that the double-time reference comes BEFORE he catches the bullet, I'd say that the blurring is special effects only, and he's still in double-time at the point of catching the darned things. That's my best guess. Isley stunned him with his speed before, in catching the bullet. He comes back later, double-times Isley, then catches the bullet. There's no reason to believe his speed would have dropped down to 'normal' levels between him duking it out with Isley, and him catching the bullet.

Milage may vary. :)

Still, it does indicate that he's a fair bit faster than Isley. Perhaps mid- to high-end bullet timer (as if we can quantify such thing! :).

Given his peak-human stats, I suspect that Tasky can quite easily blitz another peak human and give them quite a beatdown, especially if employing Daredevil-type skills.

At present, if Tasky is going Double-Speed, I would give him 7/10 against Mr. X. The other 3/10 comes from X's telepathy giving him enough defense against Tasky's attacks to survive long enough for Tasky to start to tire (other posters have posted regarding the fact that Taskmaster gets tired quickly in Double-time...I'd like to see scans, but I can believe it, if it's not his normal speed).
    That sounds reasonable. I can totally buy that. The explanation regarding tasky's speed that is.

I really can't speak too much on the fight though.

Here's Isley catching the bullet(I just felt like posting this, in case people were wondering what the original move looked like):

i like tasky but he gos down hard what can you do when your oponent gnovs you move befor you do, only way tasky wins if he can go loco like wade or logan.

Veteran Member

It should also be noted that he was able to effectively blitz a bullet timer(Isley) using his double time. Isley said: "Impossible! No man can move that fast", after tasky rocked him a few in the face. Given that feat, I'd say his double time speed is little bit above that of your average bullet timer.

GS still hasn't gotten back to me regarding whether or not taskmaster in non double time mode is a bullet timer.

It's a bit of a ruling in progress. As are some other subjects I've laid at GS's feet.

Sorry for the delay. My apologies. As far as this matter goes, I just don't think we have enough information to judge whether or not the double-timing feat is essential to his bullet-timing. I think we need at least a couple more incidents before we could make a final determination on that. My opinion trends in the direction you suggest, but I just want to see it shored up a bit more, is all.

Just reviewed all the posts, is this match still undecided guys?

Thanks for your responces!!!!:)

Grievous
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

I see two outcomes, depending on Tasky's BT status:

1. Taskmaster is a low-level bullet-timer, who can amp himself up further with Double Speed. In this case, Mr. X gets smoked by the high-speed, well-armed Taskmaster.

2. Taskmaster is Peak Human, who can amp himself up to BT status with Double Speed. Here, I feel Mr. X survives the initial blitz in good enough condition to take advantage of Taskmaster's subsequent exhaustion about 3/10 times.

Either way, I don't see Mr. X winning this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Smith View Post
    Sorry for the delay. My apologies. As far as this matter goes, I just don't think we have enough information to judge whether or not the double-timing feat is essential to his bullet-timing. I think we need at least a couple more incidents before we could make a final determination on that. My opinion trends in the direction you suggest, but I just want to see it shored up a bit more, is all.
    No worries GS, I wasn't trying to complain or anything, I just wanted to let other poeple know that you were thinking it over, and the ruling wasn't exactly set in stone.

Thanks for getting back to me though, I appreciate it.

As for the ruling, that makes total sense. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

I see two outcomes, depending on Tasky's BT status:

1. Taskmaster is a low-level bullet-timer, who can amp himself up further with Double Speed. In this case, Mr. X gets smoked by the high-speed, well-armed Taskmaster.

2. Taskmaster is Peak Human, who can amp himself up to BT status with Double Speed. Here, I feel Mr. X survives the initial blitz in good enough condition to take advantage of Taskmaster's subsequent exhaustion about 3/10 times.

Either way, I don't see Mr. X winning this one.
    I'd love for # 1 to be the case in regard to tasky's speed. As of right now though, he's peak human who can amp himself to BT status, due to the ruling about his speed. We'll need more proof for tasky not needing his double time to bullet time, before the ruling can be changed.

Help me out if you can. :)

I'd love for # 1 to be the case in regard to tasky's speed. As of right now though, he's peak human who can amp himself to BT status, due to the ruling about his speed. We'll need more proof for tasky not needing his double time to bullet time, before the ruling can be changed.
    Gotcha. To do that, the best thing would be Bullet Time feats from BEFORE that fight with Isley.

Help me out if you can. :)
    You know it. I'll see what I have in my files tonight.

...I'm still looking for Shiva info, if you stumble across it. I think I'm one solid feat away from it, no more.