Page 30 of 112 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    I'm not sure how much changed from Zak Penn (writer of the movie) to Norton (screenplay), but wouldn't that make Norton about 1/3 of the artistic vision?

Not only that, but the weakest of the 1/3rd, since the movie "vision" is more up to the director, in this case, Louis Leterrier?

Let alone the studio and producers (none of which, again, are Norton)?

Sure, he's the "star" (or are people going to see the Hulk himself?), but I can't imagine him having THAT much power, can he? Beyond the politics of the business?
    Love it or hate it, ( I love it ) its a miracle something like Ang Lee's Hulk got made.

Well just being the star gives him a certain power, people do wierd things after about two thirds of a movie has been shot and they know it can't be recast ( I have some hilarious stories to tell somewhere one day, not that i'm speaking from bitter experience or anything ;) ).

The politics of the business, they often contradict the word business, imagine telling your manager you aren't showing up for work unless they re-arrange your desk to your liking, with the colour scheme you want...."and where is that Danish " ?

I am pretty sure Norton is out of line here, but he seems to be a smart guy, so he probably has a point to his qualms.

The Pecking order. ( parody .....right )

Actor "I don't think my character would act that way and I don't want to look stupid" ....

Writer "urrrrrm your character" ?

Actor "yeah, you got a problem with that poindexter ? my character"

Director "My character you mean ? i'm the director its my opening weekend that could bomb, if you don't play this how I need you too"

Producer "I think you mean MY opening weekend"

Actor, Writer, Director "Sorry Sir"
    Last edited by Captain_Video; 03-11-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    I'm not sure how much changed from Zak Penn (writer of the movie) to Norton (screenplay), but wouldn't that make Norton about 1/3 of the artistic vision?
    It's funny, I just looked at Penn's writing credits, and he's done a lot less than I would have thought given how often I hear his name.

And I can't get a bead on his talent, either. He was given a "story" credit for X2, and a "written by" credit for X3. Which screenplay should I be judging him by?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Video View Post
    Well just being the star gives him a certain power, people do wierd things after about two thirds of a movie has been shot and they know it can't be recast
    It's not just this movie they're worried about either; it's the next five movies they want Ed Norton in (or whoever the actor is in a given situation).

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Moe 99 View Post
    They have a leaked trailer for the sequel or remake or whatever it is(the trailer doesn't really make it clear wither :( ) to the new hulk movie on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUbkGKvWMc

That director had the makeup lady do some weird things to Ed Norton's face though...
    Thanks for wasting my time.

That was stupid.
    P-Man "Does no one remember the NES? Flashing grey screens? Hmmm? Cartridges you had to blow so much that you expected there to be a fifty dollar bill on the nightstand in the morning?"

Wannabe "It worked better if you slightly licked the game. I know it sounds odd, but it works really really well. At least on N64."

http://entretenimiento.prodigy.msn.c...mentid=6483468

El Hombre Increible'

There you go, first posted on AICN.

Its a bit.....underwhelming to be honest, I know I am a shameless Ang Lee apologist and fan of his take on Hulk, but this seems like it needs something.

Probably as more footage appears the picture will be clearer, I love The Hulk so I want to give it a chance, I love the Bixby homages...urm...yeah.
    Last edited by Captain_Video; 03-12-2008 at 03:47 PM.

I'm sorry. I love you. Scott Evil's Avatar

HOLY CRAP.

Awesome trailer - awesome nod to Ultimates to summon the Hulk out of Banner. Hurt looks & sounds great as Gen. Ross, Liv Tyler is always great nerd eye candy - I can't wait.

I'm buying tix to the Arclight now...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Evil View Post
    HOLY CRAP.

Awesome trailer - awesome nod to Ultimates to summon the Hulk out of Banner. Hurt looks & sounds great as Gen. Ross, Liv Tyler is always great nerd eye candy - I can't wait.

I'm buying tix to the Arclight now...
    Holy Crap is right and with Tim Roth as The Abomination... This might be a great year for Marvel movies.:D
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whisky, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

I'm sorry. I love you. Scott Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    Holy Crap is right and with Tim Roth as The Abomination... This might be a great year for Marvel movies.:D
    Hells yeay ABOMINATION! I haven't read the last 30 odd pages, but I'm sure there's already talk about the movie interpretation.. but to be honest - I LOVE ZOMBIE ABOMINATION.

Maybe they could've slapped on a tail like Ultimate Abomination, but I'm happy w/ this version.

This'll be a great summer for comic book movies, period.

Did.......not.........blink..........

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

http://entretenimiento.prodigy.msn.c...mentid=6483468

El Hombre Increible'

There you go, first posted on AICN.

Its a bit.....underwhelming to be honest, I know I am a shameless Ang Lee apologist and fan of his take on Hulk, but this seems like it needs something.

Probably as more footage appears the picture will be clearer, I love The Hulk so I want to give it a chance, I love the Bixby homages...urm...yeah.
    Judging from the trailer only, it looks to be missing the heart that Ang Lee brings to his films be they good or bad. I think Marvel wanted to ensure the fans that there was going to be a good amount of smashy-smashy in this, and I can't blame them after the bashing the first film received.

The trailer didn't suck, in my opinion, but the flick is one of those that I'm going to see and judge for myself. I dug Ang Lee's Hulk, I dig Ed Norton and Tim Roth; I'm looking forward to it.
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

Of the line of Krefayle Enigmanaut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jettison View Post
    Did.......not.........blink..........
    Well sure... I mean, Blink and your dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your head, Don't look away and Don't Blink!

Good luck.

;)

Just ignore me.
    "The beginning needn't be rational, just so long as the end is."
    --Nathan Spring

"This is my Timey-Wimey Detector. It goes "bing" when there's stuff." --The Doctor.

Some art I threw together.

BANNED

The Ultimates nod with the helicopter was nice.

Hulk looked awesome.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by DWEarhart View Post
    Judging from the trailer only, it looks to be missing the heart that Ang Lee brings to his films be they good or bad.
    I don't recall a lot of "heart" in the trailer for the last Hulk. Not sure what to make of it. I like the cast and I expect them to finesse the CG some more (I guess that was the major hold up for the trailer).

Cheering the apocalypse DWEarhart's Avatar

I got a Bruce Lee vibe from this Hulk. It was the hair, definitely the hair. I've seen other models that made him look like an emo kid pissed and bent that the new Bright Eyes album was delayed, so it was good to see Hulk move around a bit. Looked better than I'd hoped.
    For what's on my mind: Destination Yes (back with a vengeance)

"Opinions, assholes, and elbows..."

"The internet is the greatest invention for schizophrenics everywhere." - DWEarhart

"Well that was back in the day, and if you weren't there, it doesn't matter anyway because you wouldn't understand." - Megadeth.

"You need people like me. We do the jobs you :rolleyes: morally significant refuse to do."

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Incredible Hulk" Trailer Debuts

MTv has posted "The Incredible Hulk" trailer featuring our first good look at the Edward Norton fueled film. We've go the screen grabs of Hulk vs. Abomination for ya.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=13339

^^^
    Why do these sites always block outside of the US?

Here's another link:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/03/12/...movie-trailer/