Default Talking (Spider) Sense with the cast and crew of "Spider-Man 3"

As part of our ongoing coverage of "Spider-Man 3," CBR News interviewed director Sam Raimi about the highly anticipated superhero sequel, not to mention a certain fantasy-themed prequel.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10374

This is why Sam's Spider-Man movies are good. It's what he gets right. Small things like what elements of comics should inspire in film and what can be ignored. For instance, I really like the organic webshooter idea he went with in the Spider-Man films. It makes more sense for the movie. In the comics, hardcore comic book fans would be aghast if the comics were to translate it to organice web-shooters and it makes sense that that would be so, as the mechanical web-shooters are an established part of Spider-Man's history.

I really do hope to see more comic book movies to have the same sensibilities of the Spider-Man movies, where the comics don't dictate every aspect of the movie, but does work to inspire what makes the movie good.

Avi Arad Thinks He Knows What I Like!

All Spider-Man readers love Venom.
    Well, no. Not all. But I'm prepared to wait and see what they do with the character in the movie. Hopefully they'll avoid the over-the-top 90s bullshit with the fangs and the tongue.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 04-24-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Well, no. Not all. But I'm prepared to wait and see what they do with the character in the movie. Hopefully they'll avoid the over-the-top 90s bullshit with the fangs and the tongue.
    Did you not see the trailer?

*watches again*

Hrm.

Well, we'll see.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

*watches again*

Hrm.

Well, we'll see.
    It definitely has the teeth, but no telling if the tongue will be there. I wouldn't mind one wild tongue shot, but I don't want to see it like it is in the comics and always drooling.

We continue our coverage of "Spider-Man 3" in a chat with actor Tobey Maguire.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10395
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

by Spidey

After reading this interview with Sam, I see where the potential problems with this movie came from... THE PRODUCERS!

I am once again VERY impressed with Sam's instincts concerning this movie. He had it right and then Arad and Ziskin meddled. They were the ones that suggested ALL the ideas that raised my eyebrows and my concerns...

All along, as I read about the movie's progress, I kept hearing about things that made me WORRY. Like multiple villians, PLUS Venom's story, and introducing Gwen, (whose story was smartly skipped and should have stayed that way)...

I kept saying... well, Sam is good and he knows the character, so if this is where he is going, I'll keep an open mind... But, ah ha! He had the same worries and was basically TOLD to use Venom and Gwen.

I think from reviews I've read that my worries may be founded... the movie tries to do too much and some of the depth and magic that SM2 had was lost because of it. All because of a few stupid noisy fans and 2nd-guessing producers...

But if anyone can make ALL that into a halfway decent film, it's Sam... and this gal is going to be there in a Spidey t-shirt to watch it next Friday!

We already have tickets to a midnight and 7p.m. IMAX show. :)

Default Talking (Spider) Sense with Thomas Haden Church

As part of our ongoing coverage of "Spider-Man 3," CBR News interviewed actor Thomas Haden Church about the highly anticipated superhero sequel and why he was so astonished by the film.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10403

Quote Originally Posted by Captivated View Post
    After reading this interview with Sam, I see where the potential problems with this movie came from... THE PRODUCERS!

I am once again VERY impressed with Sam's instincts concerning this movie. He had it right and then Arad and Ziskin meddled. They were the ones that suggested ALL the ideas that raised my eyebrows and my concerns...

All along, as I read about the movie's progress, I kept hearing about things that made me WORRY. Like multiple villians, PLUS Venom's story, and introducing Gwen, (whose story was smartly skipped and should have stayed that way)...

I kept saying... well, Sam is good and he knows the character, so if this is where he is going, I'll keep an open mind... But, ah ha! He had the same worries and was basically TOLD to use Venom and Gwen.
    Yeah, reading between the lines, it's obvious that he was pretty much ordered to shoehorn Venom into the movie any way he possibly could.

Default Talking (Spider) Sense with "Spider-Man 3" actor James Franco

As part of our ongoing coverage of "Spider-Man 3," CBR News interviewed actor James Franco about the highly anticipated superhero sequel and why he was so astonished by the film. SPOILER WARNING.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10412

What the...?

Yeah, reading between the lines, it's obvious that he was pretty much ordered to shoehorn Venom into the movie any way he possibly could.
    As someone is not a Venom fan it doesn't bother me but I can see how the fans might be upset. I do get the feeling it's not going to be as good as the last one (considering I think Spider-man 2 is best superhero movie ever made it's going to be hard to top).