Default sketch update! TIMES TWO!!!... 4.24.07 WONDER WOMAN... CATWOMAN!

While at the conventions I do a lot of sketches that don't see print anywhere! They are drawn on the spot and whisked away to a private collection. I love it that these pieces are given a loving home, but they also need to be shared and enjoyed by everyone!
    THAT'S WHAT THIS POST IS ALL ABOUT!
    Every two weeks I"ll update the link below to display a different convention drawing! If you have one of my convention sketches, or even a full blown commission, send me a scan and I'll be sure share!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

What can I say.. I'm behind on my sketch postings!.. sorry .. so sorry!.. but I have an excuse.. I was at the Small Press Alternative Comics Expo this weekend and im going to be at the Pittsburgh comic con next weekend... No rest for the wicked... Since I know I've been keeping you waiting this weeks posting is all gold!.. Two pin ups for the price of one!
    the first is a nice shot of wonder woman that a li'l while back.. the original for this is big.. 14x17!.. I'm pretty happy with this piece, but something is missing.. how about some color!.. Tell me gang, would this one look sharp as a print.. hmmm...?

O.K.. Just in case the wonder woman piece wasn't enough, I've attached an UNFINISHED pic of catwoman... Yes , Yes I know.. I've had some fun with the costume.. Her mask doesn't look like that yeah, yeah.. I'll tell you this much right now and I mean it.. ANYTHING is better than those stinky goggles and army boots!.. Adam Hughes is doing a great job on the covers, but c'mon.. don't we all wish that she was looking a bit more like Julie Newmar..?
    Like I said.. this Catwoman piece isn't quite finished yet... When she is, I think that she could end up fighting for collector's attention on Ebay... More to come!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

love that Wonder Woman! and just like the last WW piece, the ricochet is fantastic. i can't wait to see your colors.. this piece looks a lot tighter than your previous work.

of course i adore the Catwoman one. i love the shine on her upper thigh!
    have you ever done a piece using the exact Newmar costume? that'd be oh so wonderful.

(any word on those sketchbooks?)

Default the costume catwoman!

I think that there are so many parts of the Newmar Catwoman costume that I like but i've alway picked and chosen which elements I like best.. to be truthful I always thought that the square pieces silver necklace that she wore was just awesome... a hard piece for most piece to pull off due to the large size of the squares.. you'd better have big facial features to make it work.. I never EVER think about adding in the necklace, though it's my favorite part. Actually there was a green catwoman costume in the batman comic book about the same time in the later 1960's that i think is a super cool costume, (it doesn't really say "catwoman" to me, but man was it cool )..

as for the wonder woman piece.. you've got me pegged.. I did indeed draw it a bit tighter, cleaner than im used to.. sometimes that comes over me.. I was looking though some of the olld work that I did in college and i was shocked to see how much clean brush work there was.. I used to have more heavy lines and alot more feathering, my style was slicker, not as much texture. It's odd to consider, but really I think that everone's style is always changing. I'm sure that i'll have the same thoughts about what im drawing now when I look back in 5 years.

the sketchbook.. this dragging on sketchbook.. I want to have the whole thing done so soon. the interrior art is all finished, and more of the pages are layed out, but i just can't come up with a design for the whole book that im happy with. I want something that will really achor all the images together... I could have a break through and have it finished in a few days.. or .. -gulp- it could drag on..... as soon as there is news with this book , you'll be the first i let know!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Grey Warden in the house! heystacy's Avatar

They are bot great works, but I love that Catwoman image.
    You should be good because in hell there is only customer service positions to be filled, and in heaven, you get to make the calls.

Please visit: Yeah, I Write This Blog
    Several Deadly CINEs.

The Catwoman, by far, is the best of the two... though, I love both. I think you could easily make these into prints and have a successful run with them.

I'm right there with you on the new Catwoman design, as well... The goggles/boots look horrible. =X

They're both beautifully done. I like the wonder woman one, but the cat woman one reminds me to much of Black Cat from Marvel minus the fur trimmings. Nonetheless, nice work ^^

you needses new book.....after all I need something to buy from you at wondercon....it's just not a convention without buying a stu.....

Chris... You (and all other Wondercon fans ) will be happy to know that I"ll have NOT ONE.. BUT TWO ALL NEW sketchbooks for Wondercon!!! (that's 80 new pages of art!... and I'll have both of these pieces on hand post digital work!

Oh yeah.. and how about.. say 10 all new prints!

Yeah.. i've been a busy boy!
    Come see me and see all that I have to see... ( what did i just say..?)

By the way... Am I reading correctly that 19-Thousand people have looked at this art..? THANKS GUYS!
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Sayger View Post
    Chris... You (and all other Wondercon fans ) will be happy to know that I"ll have NOT ONE.. BUT TWO ALL NEW sketchbooks for Wondercon!!! (that's 80 new pages of art!... and I'll have both of these pieces on hand post digital work!

Oh yeah.. and how about.. say 10 all new prints!

Yeah.. i've been a busy boy!
    Come see me and see all that I have to see... ( what did i just say..?)

By the way... Am I reading correctly that 19-Thousand people have looked at this art..? THANKS GUYS!
    does one involve batman :p I want to go up to ben and say check out this awesome piece of art I bought from stuart of batman and the Joker. It's Brilliant.....then he can say he has the original on his wall. and soon to be the wall of the museum alongside muh sweet grell green arrow sketch.....nummy

Chris... I"m not sayin' nothin' about nothin'!!!
    But I think that you'll be happy with what you see.. .. infact my portfolios should have a whole lot that you've not seen since san diego...

what a drag about wizard LA..!!! and the pittsburgh convention being pushed back several months.. I had to wait through all of the winter months for a convention.. isn't that enough!!!!???
    S T U A R T
    S A Y G E R
    www.stuartsayger.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Sayger View Post
    Chris... I"m not sayin' nothin' about nothin'!!!
    But I think that you'll be happy with what you see.. .. infact my portfolios should have a whole lot that you've not seen since san diego...

what a drag about wizard LA..!!! and the pittsburgh convention being pushed back several months.. I had to wait through all of the winter months for a convention.. isn't that enough!!!!???
    See you on the morrow mate. gonna 'ave me a rockin' good time