Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Excuse This Commotion (ETC)

I have decided to be a poser and copycat an ESPN show for the purpose of a thread. I shall be be the "Jackass" person of the show. Hopefully I can con Cronin into being my straight man.

To start, I shall lecture everyone on the proper wearing of a sports jersey. Afterwards, feel free to chime in; or toss a topic my way. I'll even ATTEMPT to be entertaining.

RULES FOR WEARING A SPORTS JERSEY:

(1) Plain team jerseys with just a logo and team name (no player's name or any numbers) are always acceptable.

(2) You can also get jerseys with numbers, but for bonus props it helps to know the name of the player who currently wears that number, if applicable. For more props, name someone who used to wear the number as well.

(3) It is okay to get a specific player's jersey. However, once that player leaves the organization, you must stop wearing that jersey unless he can be considered a team or league legend.

(4) NEVER customize a team's jersey to have your last name on the back. Only wear your name on a team jersey if you actually played for the team - such as your company's softball shirt. You never played for the Cowboys, so don't put your last name on the jersey.

Those are the rules.
    "You blew it! You blew it! Hear that video crowd? THEY HATE YOU!"

Completely correct in every respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmore View Post
    RULES FOR WEARING A BAND T-SHIRT:

(1) Plain band t-shirts with just a logo and band name (no player's name or any numbers) are always acceptable.

(2) They are much more acceptable if you know or are in the band.

(3) If you know or are in the band, and nobody else has ever heard of you, you get 100 cool points.

(4) U2 shirts get you no points at all. Especially if you know or are in the band.
    one of the highest principles of America is that we're a nation of people from different backgrounds living in equal dignity and mutual loyalty - Eboo Patel.

What if you have the same last name as a famous player?
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pullmann View Post
    There is the possibility. You can try to fool chicks with it, but guys, in general, will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pullmann View Post
    Ask yourself this one question:

How similar is your arse?
    one of the highest principles of America is that we're a nation of people from different backgrounds living in equal dignity and mutual loyalty - Eboo Patel.

Sorry Val. I'd be more of an asshole then you. In fact one of the reasons I'm probably am not going to participate is that I'd possibly get banned after a while.

If you don't believe me, you can ask the pro wrestling crew. You know that if you get those guys wanting to choke you you out, you're real bad news.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Sorry Val. I'd be more of an asshole then you. In fact one of the reasons I'm probably am not going to participate is that I'd possibly get banned after a while.

If you don't believe me, you can ask the pro wrestling crew. You know that if you get those guys wanting to choke you you out, you're real bad news.
    Yes, except I'm the "Jackass" - which is different from the "Asshole."

So tonight begins the first series between The Big Money and The Bigger Money - Boston and New York.

and even though New York is missing Mike Mussina, Carl Pavano, C. Wang, and Hideki Matsui, I'm betting Boston still finds a way to drop the series.

Because that's what Boston's best at - breaking our hearts.

Regarding Paul McEnery's rules for wearing a band t-shirt, I would say that wearing a shirt for the band you're in is only acceptable if it's a little known band and wearing the shirt in public counts as publicity/advertising.

Because that's what Boston's best at - breaking our hearts.
    Except of course for when they don't, which isn't often but at least is relatively recent.
    Last edited by Donald M.; 04-20-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Regarding Paul McEnery's rules for wearing a band t-shirt, I would say that wearing a shirt for the band you're in is only acceptable if it's a little known band and wearing the shirt in public counts as publicity/advertising.
    Well, Bono would look pretty silly wearing a U2 t-shirt.

Bono looks pretty and I looooooooove him.
    Fixed it for you. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McEnery View Post
    Fixed it for you. :D
    Damn you.

You know I only have eyes for Michael Stipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    Except of course for when they don't, which isn't often but at least is relatively recent.
    Well, they didn't in 2004. And ... that's it.

And then they soured that by giving Doug Mein... however you spell his last name... a hard time over the damned baseball.

I have decided to be a poser and copycat an ESPN show for the purpose of a thread. I shall be be the "Jackass" person of the show. Hopefully I can con Cronin into being my straight man.

To start, I shall lecture everyone on the proper wearing of a sports jersey. Afterwards, feel free to chime in; or toss a topic my way. I'll even ATTEMPT to be entertaining.

RULES FOR WEARING A SPORTS JERSEY:

(1) Plain team jerseys with just a logo and team name (no player's name or any numbers) are always acceptable.

(2) You can also get jerseys with numbers, but for bonus props it helps to know the name of the player who currently wears that number, if applicable. For more props, name someone who used to wear the number as well.

(3) It is okay to get a specific player's jersey. However, once that player leaves the organization, you must stop wearing that jersey unless he can be considered a team or league legend.

(4) NEVER customize a team's jersey to have your last name on the back. Only wear your name on a team jersey if you actually played for the team - such as your company's softball shirt. You never played for the Cowboys, so don't put your last name on the jersey.

Those are the rules.
    I totally agree but with number 3 what if you have a Kobe Bryant jersey that says #8 now that he's changed his jersey to #24?

But it's good to hear I'm in compliance: