Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Comics Solicitations for Product Shipping July, 2007

DC Comics Solicitations for Product Shipping July, 2007 DC Comics has released their solicitation text and cover images for comics shipping July, 2007 and we've got the full listing for ya.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10303

gaze upon the face of war PastePotPete's Avatar

Wow. Lots of big stuff happening in July. What's this big Flash event?? Is this the return of Barry Allen that everyone's been predicting?
    "People don't want questions. They want answers." -- Plato to Socrates, right before he drank the poison

Not so new Member

Dig the flight ring Batman's wearing on the cover of Brave and the Bold... and guess the current Legion isn't going anywhere after the JLA/JSA/LSH crossover....

Just don't scratch it. Jessica Drew's Avatar

...and Hawkgirl is cancelled.
    2005 DC League Champion: Superboy, Troia, Guy Gardner, Brainwave II, Brainiac 5, and Scarecrow

Okay not impessed. The only book that really jumps out at me is Justice Society and thats due to the fact of Alex Rosss cover shown and the design of the character on it. Everything else is dullsville.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

BANNED

- Hawkgirl cancelled at #66. Well it certainly took awhile.

- The little people from Sword of the Atom make a return after 20 or so years.

-Joe Kelly is off of Supergirl after cleaning up the mess made by his predecessors.

-Looks like Grace is apparently an Amazon.

-It also looks like Count Vertigo died in the Outsiders- Checkmate crossover to be replaced by August General in Iron.

-A Fabian Nicenzia JSA Classified Story!

Last of the True Fanboys AM/FM Wizard's Avatar

Looking forward to Bedard's "Quest for Cosmic Boy" in LoSH as well as "The Search for Ray Palmer" in All-New Atom and The Brave and the Bold. Also, Countdown, Superman, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, and Batman.

But still no Booster Gold solicit... they said this summer, so I guess it debuts in August?

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Alan Burnett on Superman/Batman? I have to start reading that. Joe Kelly is off Supergirl. Wonder who are they going to replace him with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Man, the Alex Ross JSA cover is amazing. I'm REALLY looking forward to Citizen Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Drew View Post
    ...and Hawkgirl is cancelled.
    Yep. On the plus side, though, at least Simonson handled the cover instead of Chaykin. Ah well, you know Hawkman will get a monthly again sooner or later. Hopefully, someone with a real love for the character will get it too, like Johns or Robinson.

On another note, those new Wonder Woman figures are awesome.

Should get back to work. RichStanz's Avatar

Random thoughts:
    - Hawkgirl canceled: eh. I picked this book up on the strength of Chakyin and Simonson's names, and was quickly disappointed. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

- Shadowpact's description is the exact reason I dropped the book: "Doctor Gotham strikes at last!" There were too many issues that felt like the team was just fighting "monsters of the month" and only now, into their second year, does it seem like they're actually developing and expanding the cast (Zauriel officially joining might be enough to give this book a 2nd chance with me).

- Glad to see more Manhunter trades. This book is fantastic!

- Blue Beetle and the All-New Atom may have had dubious debuts in the DC universe, but they have become two great little-books-that-could. I *really* hope, even if they get canceled, that these characters dont' fade into obscurity because Gail Simone, John Rogers, and Keith Giffen have done a lot of great work in cultivating these new, entertaining characters.

- Catwoman in a story called "Catwoman dies" I guess that's the end of Holly and the One Year Later experiment is officially over for this book and back to the status quo.

- I'll bite - I like the cover to the DC/Top Cow crossover trade.

- Wow. Tangent gets collected in trade. And the "Complete Alan Moore on Wildcats." Nice.

- I've never read Wetworks. Ever. But having Mike Carey and J.M. DeMatteis on the relaunch is enough to get me to check out the trade.

- Speaking of Carey, his "Faker" sounds brilliant.

- An "Iron Giant" statue?! Since Warners Bros. owns this - why don't they more with this property. Comic sequel, anyone?

- I know the Wildstorm/New Line horror comics tanked hard, but I wonder if they are *required* to print new comics. Because I just don't think there is much demand for Pamela Voorhees and boy Leatherface prequels.

- Lastly, considering DC gets criticized (at least within the blogosphere) for its treatment of female characters, like Supergirl or Wonder Woman, the "Amazons Attack" mini-series seems really timely. Especially since it looks like Supergirl and Wonder Girl are teaming with the Amazons, I wonder if it will be offering any "battle of the sexes" meta-commentary.
    ... However, in the same month "Supergirl" loses Joe Kelly, which means it will take on its fourth(?) writer in under two years - not a good sign for stable, dedicated vision for the character.
    And All-Star B & R's description: "Black Canary isn’t the only one of Gotham’s fairer sex to be aroused into action by the Dark Knight’s war on crime!"
    Look I still love Miller's classic work, but this weird ultra sex and violence take on Batman - I can't tell if its meant to be one big satire or not.

All Star Batman!

Wait, what was the last issue that came out?

BIRDS OF PREY #108 - Wow... that's one... umm... that cover... wow. My prurient mind boggles.

THE FLASH: THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE #14 - So... is Barry or Wally stopping by?

MANHUNTER VOL. 3: ORIGINS TP - Sweet. More chance to catch up with the series and see what people are talking about

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: ADAM STRANGE VOL. 1 TP - Early solicit, but I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WONDER WOMAN VOL. 1 TP - Heck, I might give this a shot for the price

THE SPIRIT #8 - Nice set up. Looking forward to another fun issue

NEW FRONTIER SERIES 2 ACTION FIGURES - I might pick up one or two of these guys to decorate the room

ACTION COMICS #852
    Written by Kurt Busiek
    Art and cover by Brad Walker and John Livesay
    3-2-1-ACTION! (part 1 of 3) Hot on the heels of SUPERMAN #665's "Jimmy Olsen Countdown Dossier" comes this true blue COUNTDOWN event! Superman has always been Superman's pal. Will he now become Superman's partner?! More secrets of Jimmy's past revealed, the Kryptonite Man on the loose, and more! This issue ties into the events of COUNTDOWN #40!
    On sale July 25 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
    What's next for Superman? Narcissism.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Millineum Giants are back! That had to be the most boring DCU event ever!
    "I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."

Nick Helm, funniest gag winner, Edinburgh Fringe Festival