Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Popeye Vs Hulk

BANNED

Default Popeye Vs Hulk

The Twist? This is Robin Williams Popeye!

Scenario 1 Vs Lou Ferrigno Hulk
    Scenario 2 Vs Movie Hulk
    Scenario 3 Vs Comics Hulk

Usual rules.

P.S. Can't believe the awful Robin Williams movie of Popeye was made in 1980! If I'd had to guess a year, I'd have said about 1994!

1. Hulk, cause I demand it be so! (Loved that show!)
    2. Either way I lose, both versions were crappy.
    3. Hulk
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS1982 View Post
    The Twist? This is Robin Williams Popeye!

Scenario 2 Vs Movie Hulk

Usual rules.

P.S. Can't believe the awful Robin Williams movie of Popeye was made in 1980! If I'd had to guess a year, I'd have said about 1994!
    think pop eye actually manhandled pre crisses superman-if thats any indication of his strength

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
    think pop eye actually manhandled pre crisses superman-if thats any indication of his strength
    Not the Robin Williams version.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not the Robin Williams version.
    is hathe ven wer're using ah screw it then what did he do? feats wise

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
    is hathe ven wer're using ah screw it then what did he do? feats wise
    I think he beat an octopus and a lamer than ever version of Bluto.

Check out my web comic POPEYE vs HULK to see the action-packed results of the cartoon/Fleischer Bros Popeye in battle with the old-school comic book Hulk: http://www.mrasheed.com

I don't think the Ang Lee Hulk was very different from the comic one...

...his powers anyway.

Popeye once punched the moon and all that was left was Swiss Cheese... Popeye hands down for all bouts
    All stories are imaginary, so you get to decide what's important and what isn't. Continuity is fluid.

-Jeff Brady

Quoted for truth....

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Popeye once punched the moon and all that was left was Swiss Cheese... Popeye hands down for all bouts
    Again, Robin Williams' Popeye doesn't have that feat.

Quote Originally Posted by MRasheed View Post
    Check out my web comic POPEYE vs HULK to see the action-packed results of the cartoon/Fleischer Bros Popeye in battle with the old-school comic book Hulk: http://www.mrasheed.com

I don't think the Ang Lee Hulk was very different from the comic one...

...his powers anyway.

That's Classic.

The Aforementioned Legend Keollyn's Avatar

Strange as it may seem, I liked the movie. Well, from what I remember of it. Haven't seen it a decade or so, so I'll not watch it again in order to not ruin the memory I have of it.

For the match, I only know 2 and 3 of Hulk, but he'd lose to both. Popeye didn't have any impressive showings in that movie. For what I remember, he was just an abnormally strong human. We all know that in the cartoon, he's an abnormally strong demi-god ^_^

Activating Murk Lore Mode!

Nuku > j00

Winner of Tami's "Anti-Hero/Anti-Villian Battle Tournament"

Co-Winner of Cleric's "Obscure Characters only, darnit! Tournament"

Co-Winner of EevilJ's "Videogame Tournament"

Quote Originally Posted by KJS1982 View Post

Sorry to go briefly off topic, but….

The brilliant Robert Altman adaptation of Popeye featuring just about the entire Thimble Theatre cast, and near perfect recreations of the classic Segar strips is one of best, most accurate and most interesting comicbook adaptation ever made.

Now, to answer the question, the Williams, Popeye with enough Spinach, could possibly take out the Lou-Hulk, but honestly, he just doesn’t stand a chance against the other two.

However, the comic strip version could take all three, let alone the WWII era, all powerful, Spinach eating war machine cartoon Popeye who would eat all three of them for lunch at the same time.

[QUOTE=KJ Stewart;4687649]The Twist? This is Robin Williams Popeye!

Scenario 2 Vs Movie Hulk

Usual rules.

P.S. Can't believe the awful Robin Williams movie of Popeye was made in 1980! If I'd had to guess a year, I'd have said about 1994![/QUOTE

Popeye wins. The reason being, he's an animated cartoon. Hulk will just keep smashing Popeye. Popeye, due to his high durable matter, will just be rendered slightly hurt. He stalks up on ten cans of spinach and punches Hulk to the moon ending the fight. I'm telling you, once he consumes that spinach, he's basically invunareble.

Another reason, he has Looney tunes durability. Cartoons like Popeye are able to regenerate from intense pain or not feel it at all. Popeye has very few pain fibers. I can blow bugs Bunny's head off with a machine gun and he would just regrow it back within a few seconds, merely feeling any pain. Prior to Daffy duck getting blown to bits and regenerating his molecules together, Selvester getting smashed face-first into a wall and shaking it off, Tom's head being flatten by an iron and barely feeling a thing, Jerry surviving a heavy piano haven fallen on him etc
    Last edited by Beast boy1; 04-16-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Vatican Assassin Warlock aut0matic's Avatar

gotta love how he necros an ancient thread, already suffering from a severe case of "doing it wrong," and only makes it worse...

what are robin william popeye's best feats?
    Current Mood: Still Bored/Awkward
    Currently Playing: None (except for maybe my NES/SNES emulator occasionally)
    Madworld Respect Thread