Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PREVIEW: "Omega Flight" #2

Behold these preview pages from Marvel's hottest new mini-series, "Omega Flight!" We've got fresh pages from issue #

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10288

The blonde villainess is probably the coolest character design ever. Is she an existing character? I don't recognize her...

EDIT: Oh wait, reading the summary, her name's Daisy? She rocks.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Man...for me - that art is a bit rough. I want to support this title but I just can't get past it's look.

Specifically - It looks like he spends quite a bit of time on the characters and then mails in the backgrounds. Even then the characters proportions and anatomy seem a bit "strange".
    Last edited by Neptunicus; 04-13-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The blonde villainess is probably the coolest character design ever. Is she an existing character? I don't recognize her...

EDIT: Oh wait, reading the summary, her name's Daisy? She rocks.
    Dido

I'm interested now but is it me or are their jaws a little too square or flat. Maybe it's just Scott's style and that's cool. Either way I'll be checking out this issue.

EDIT: she reminds me of Stunner from Spider-Man
    Last edited by toneloak; 04-13-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Stories are not science experiments predicable outcomes are not the payoffs.

Daredevil & Hawkeye chrismileslord's Avatar

Eh. I love this so far...so definitly will pick this up. I just hope it keeps selling well enough to make it a monthly!

What exactly do Arachne's webs do to that villainess? Do they render her powerless or something, because it looks like she suddenly can't hold up the truck anymore.

Man, I can't wait for #2!!!

Some other images, all quite large at http://www.alphaflight.net/latest_news/index.php some nice B&W and larger versions of already previewed images.

Ben

It's the female version of "Omega Red".

Default Ugh

Wow, that is some SERIOUSLY bad art. I think that looks about like what we used to do in high school art class. Or was it middle school?

Default Um...

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    What exactly do Arachne's webs do to that villainess? Do they render her powerless or something, because it looks like she suddenly can't hold up the truck anymore.
    I think it's called bad storytelling. A good artist should be able to tell a clear story with their pages.

Btw, CBR ever having another Comic Book Idol contest?
    Last edited by polystyleneman; 04-13-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by polystyleneman View Post
    Wow, that is some SERIOUSLY bad art. I think that looks about like what we used to do in high school art class. Or was it middle school?
    Yeah - They should get Oeming to draw it. I would love to see his Beta Ray Bill and Sasquatch.

Well coloring with colored pencils doesnt help. The artist needs more anatomy courses and some time working under someone in the penciling profession.

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    It appears to me that she lifts the vehicle the up and, while the villain is still surprised, lets those webs go.

Barring one panel, all of that looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by toneloak View Post
    Dido

I'm interested now but is it me or are their jaws a little too square or flat. Maybe it's just Scott's style and that's cool. Either way I'll be checking out this issue.

EDIT: she reminds me of Stunner from Spider-Man
    Yeah, I thought it was Stunner at first! And I dunno why you guys don't like the art, I thought it was great. :)
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Punishing evil since '91 banana91's Avatar

I totally agree, Nyssane, I really like the art too. It may not be incredibly realistic looking but I just really enjoy the look of it.